Coronavirus (COVID-19)

39 minutes ago, Elixir said:

The fucking brass neck on her accusing Nick Triggle of disinformation. She is an absolutely vile person.

Bit awkward she was there for Djokovic's match, though. warnock.png

Fairly sure he had a stroke a few years back as well so will be classed as clinically vulnerable. Fantastic that the vaccines are doing their job.

He did have a stroke.  Watched a documentary about it a while back.  Confounded the doctors with how much he recovered as he was pretty bad.

38 minutes ago, FFCinthearea said:

I'm not joking, I use false details and I've deleted the track and trace app too.    I'm going on holiday soon so I'm not risking getting track and traced from a pub or restaurant visit.    

I'm double vaxed and Covid has a survival rate of over 99%.

No biggie.

Same here.  App went months ago and I’ll do all I can to avoid being contacted by test and trace.

If that upsets a lovejoy that’s an unexpected but welcome bonus.

Im not firing fake names into T&T at the minute, but I have absolutely nothing to say about anyone elses conduct at this stage, as it pertains to covid mitigations.

Not vaccine status, masks, distancing, willingness to isolate or travelling abroad....

Way past the point where any of it is anyone elses business. Anyone who wants to press another individual on any of these issues is a busybody and can gtf.

Surely nobody believes signing into pubs and this isolation if you've been within 50 feet of a possible covid case is a good idea now that everyone is vaccinated?
This thread shows it is a cast iron certainty that if the SNP say you must do it, its a good idea by default. As an example, we literally have recently had folk coming on here to claim that posters who are desperate for the vaccine program to speed up, are raging when it speeds up.

Cue some.... "Sturgeons in your head rent free ahahahaha"

This thread shows it is a cast iron certainty that if the SNP say you must do it, its a good idea by default. As an example, we literally have recently had folk coming on here to claim that posters who are desperate for the vaccine program to speed up, are raging when it speeds up.

Cue some.... "Sturgeons in your head rent free ahahahaha"
It does seem if Sturgeon told some to jump off the Forth Road bridge they'd have their Speedos on by the end of her sentence.

Basically, we have a group here that think it’s fine just to ignore the rules the rest of us have been working to, and that it’ll have no impact on the rest of us.  

It’s over, cigars, “everyone has been vaccinated”  etc, etc.  

If this slows down opening up by one single day, because they couldn’t be arsed with the risk they might get the virus and have to restrict their movements in the slightest way, then frankly f*** em. 

Oh, I forgot.  It was a joke.  No-ones doing that…

1 hour ago, The Master said:

Andrew Marr describes his experience with COVID despite being double vaccinated.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-57640550

Two observations; the first is that it's highly likely he would have been in hospital had he not had both his doses. I think he said as much himself on his show yesterday.

The second is that he describes himself as having been "seriously ill". Obviously the severity of an illness is highly subjective, but when there's a constant battle against misinformation about the effectiveness of the vaccine, I'm not sure that language helps, especially when he mentions "creeping back to bed" and "starting books and giving them up again". That suggests he was in better shape than most people who come down with flu every year (real flu, not the "I've got a bad cold"-type "flu"). 

Yes to me to be ‘seriously ill’ means genuine chance of dying, if he was seriously ill he’d have been in hospital. He was unwell and felt like shit, but totally agree with you its not even remotely ‘seriously ill’. 

54 minutes ago, FFCinthearea said:

I'm not joking, I use false details and I've deleted the track and trace app too.    I'm going on holiday soon so I'm not risking getting track and traced from a pub or restaurant visit.    

I'm double vaxed and Covid has a survival rate of over 99%.

No biggie.

Im not really a big pub goer but i havent and wont download the app as i work with the public and have an office above a place where a large number of mobile phones are stored so absolutely f**k explaining that to someone at track and trace reading off a script. 
Any restaurant we’ve been too has been booked in advance via email/phone so kinda gotta give real details.

3 minutes ago, Wee Bully said:

Basically, we have a group here that think it’s fine just to ignore the rules the rest of us have been working to, and that it’ll have no impact on the rest of us.  

If this slows down opening up by one single day, because they couldn’t be arsed with the risk they might get the virus and have to restrict their movements in the slightest way, then frankly f*** em. 

Och shut up.

If anything slows down opening up by one single day it's the incompetent SG not someone putting false names on track and trace.

Btw I'm also in the party that signs into a pub with my correct details, doesn't make any difference to the fact that its unnecessary and pointless.

3 minutes ago, Wee Bully said:

tenor-10.gif

6 minutes ago, Wee Bully said:

Actual tears.  Better and better.