Coronavirus (COVID-19)

21 minutes ago, sparky88 said:

Captain Tom's daughter in the Royal Box at Wimbledon. The grift never seems to end.

I'm shocked, I tell you - shocked. No doubt the BBC have mentioned it in passing. And will again, and again, becuse "celeb-spotting"* at events none of us can get tickets for is all part of the Great British Summer. Which us plebs can only partake in vicariously. I wish Mrs WRK senior had done a few trips round the garden** - I might have got some tickets for the Open. 

*And yes, she does lap up the publicity. Her poor old man would be ashamed, if there was any kind of afterlife. I like the reincarnation idea - there's mibbes a wee puppy or kitten sat on its owner's lap going, "can you not just take what money you've amassed and fúck off, wummin!"

**Some trick, tbf, we buried her seven years ago. RIP.

20 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

Dear oh dear! :lol:

I cannot believe you actually thought this might be genuine.

You've been done up like a kipper bud.

Someone is getting a belly laugh out of you.

Right now, it's all of us reading this post of yours but others will be laughing too.

I clearly said it was bad as in so bad its laughable. Seems I was taken out of context

2 hours ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

John Lewis cafe imo.

Not far off, geographically anyway.  It's actually Christos (Greek Taverna).  

Hopefully this is just a power play to get full bookings all week before changing their minds on Monday.

37 minutes ago, GAD said:

Same for my daughter last week and got the results overnight. I think a lot of the kids are getting sick just now with other stuff that they didn't catch over the winter.

Cheers for that. Hopefully a similar timeframe and we can get back out tomorrow.

5 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

Its not news. In a vaccination roll out that emconpasses about 60 million folk over a short period of time, we will see multiple cases of every side effect, even the ones that are borderline not known.

We're all terminally ill from the moment we're born, the only certainty in life is that we're all going to die, it's just a matter of when and how, so basically no point in worrying about it as the world will keep on turning with or without us, that's for sure.

Hence my motto in life is enjoy yourself while you're here (apart from a Saturday afternoon when having to watch Ayr) and don't bloody worry about what will get you as ultimately there's very little you can do about it.

Daily Cases Update:  There we go on day 52 of consecutive rises, we fly past the levels of January 4th to 316.6 cases per 100K. Infectivity is lower at 8.3% but will likely hit the 11.9% from January.  

Myself and the majority of posters on this thread are happy to see such high numbers against the numbers in Hospital. It is currently the ultimate test of a successful Vaccine.  I would still on the flip side like to know why we are 2 & 1/2 times the rate of England, & 6 times that of Wales. There are still huge rises to filter through the next few days including record numbers from yesterday of 3,285.

New European figures today.   Scotland 290.8, England 119.5, Russia 83.7, Portugal 80.3, Northern Ireland 62.2, Spain 51.6, at other end we have Poland 2.8, Germany 6.2, Italy 10.9, France 20.7 all still dropping. 

https://www.statista.com/statistics/1139048/coronavirus-case-rates-in-the-past-7-days-in-europe-by-country/

Scotland peaked at 301.9 for figures 29th Dec to 4th Jan, (UK was 642.1)    Cases that day were 16,496 and test positivity rate was 11.9%  

Total Cases 7 days from 19th June to 25th June  were  15,888 now 17,299 to  up 8.89%.  Positivity was 7.8% now 8.3%.   Cases per 100k were 290.8 now 316.6

Home Nations Daily update :  UK Average 114.0 to 123.7 up 8.51%, England   111.8 to 119.5 up 6.89%,  Wales 47.5 to 52.1 up 9.26%, Northern Ireland 59.7 to 62.2 up 4.19%

Council progress in last 24 Hours as follows.

Click cases by neighbourhood to see the spread on the geographical map. 
https://public.tableau.com/profile/phs.covid.19#!/vizhome/COVID-19DailyDashboard_15960160643010/Overview

LEVEL 2 RED

Dundee City  585.3 to 657.6 Up 12.35% to number 1 spot in the UK . When is it going to slow down. 14.9% positivity.

East Lothian   594.8 to 623.8 LEVEL 1 and 2nd spot  in the UK.  Also Musselburgh South 1,350 cases per 100K Scotland's no go area.

Midlothian 519.1 to 566.7   3rd in UK

City Of Edinburgh   502.0 to 543.7  4th in the UK

West Dunbartonshire  378.9 to 398.1  LEVEL 1 7th in the UK

East Ayrshire 363.1 to 380.3   8th in the UK

Renfrewshire  322.1 to 370.7  9th in the UK

East Dunbartonshire  346.1 to 362.7  11th in the UK

East Renfrewshire   313.0 to 354.9  12th in the UK 

Glasgow City  303.3 to 327.9

Angus   267.6 to 319.3  LEVEL 1 

Perth & Kinross  298.1 to 313.3  LEVEL 1  

West Lothian   267.6 to 293.8   LEVEL1 

North Lanarkshire   257.5 to 288.5

Aberdeen City  257.6 to 284.3 LEVEL1 

South Lanarkshire  264.6 to 283.6 

Fife   234.2 to 266.1  LEVEL 1

Scottish  Borders  258.9 to 264.9 LEVEL 1

Falkirk   225.6 to 248.6  LEVEL 1 

Inverclyde  212.1 to 246.8  LEVEL 1 

Argyll & Bute  237.6 to 241.1 LEVEL 1 

North Ayrshire  239.7 to 239.0 

Clackmannanshire  196.0 to 227.0

Stirling    180.4 to 209.1

South Ayrshire    191.8 to 188.3

OFFICIAL  LEVEL 1 BLACK

Aberdeenshire  145.5 to 155.8

Highlands 125.1 to 150.5   

Dumfries & Galloway   135.0 to 140.4

Shetland Islands  61.1 to 61.1 

Moray   51.1 to 57.4

OFFICIAL LEVEL 0  Teuchters in Green

Orkney Islands   35.9 to 31.4

Western Isles   0.0 to 0.0

Edited by superbigal

22 minutes ago, PWL said:

2nd dose of Pfizery goodness is flowing through my veins. Nurse telling everyone to expect to be contacted for an autumn top up though. 

Autumn? Jeez are these boosters going to.be needed every 6 months if they're asking people double dosed to be boosted in Oct

1 minute ago, Thereisalight.. said:

Autumn? Jeez are these boosters going to.be needed every 6 months if they're asking people double dosed to be boosted in Oct

Or more like October every year will be the standard before the damper weather begins, same as flu season.

Likely taking the view that you can align everyone at the same time of year to make it easier in years to come.

1 hour ago, FFCinthearea said:

Is anyone else still giving their real track and trace details in bars and restaurants?  I've just about exhausted the Moe's Tavern crank call namelist.

1 hour ago, Left Back said:

When we were in London last week we had to sign in manually as you can't use the app without an English/Welsh postcode.  Mickey and Minnie Mouse for us.

1 hour ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

People were giving their real details?

Yours Sincerely

- Guy Incognito/David Grohl/C.Montgomery Burns/Frank Grimes 

Sorry, why does anyone think this is “funny” or acceptable?  

6 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

The News this morning was saying that the AZ vaccine DOESN'T require any boosters and that the 2nd jag should be more than sufficient to see us through.

Interesting that the Scottish cases are higher than they’ve ever been yet SG ministers are talking up the end of restrictions more positively than they have done at any point throughout the pandemic.

Devi must be absolutely seething. Pleasing. 

High case numbers vs fluctuating hospital/ICU numbers and a tiny number of deaths is the perfect scenario to tell us whether the vaccination programme is working. 

It's being tested here and it's clearly passing with flying colours given that we're approaching 2 months of rising numbers with no significant jump in either serious cases or deaths to compare against.

1 minute ago, Donathan said:

Interesting that the Scottish cases are higher than they’ve ever been yet SG ministers are talking up the end of restrictions more positively than they have done at any point throughout the pandemic.

Devi must be absolutely seething. Pleasing. 

I am surprised no one has had a meltdown about VaRiANtS yet.