Coronavirus (COVID-19)

5 minutes ago, Abdul_Latif said:

Shut down longest and hardest. Made f**k all difference. In fact has made a return to normal all the more terrifying for the bed wetters.

Another absolute minter for Devi and Nicola.

55 minutes ago, Left Back said:

Is it hell.  I've worked in geographically distributed teams for years and being remote doesn't impact productivity in the slightest.  Even before the world went crazy for video conferencing last April a telephone/screen sharing was a perfectly adequate means of communicating,

There may be some scenarios where face to face makes more sense but for the majority it's irrelevant.

Absolutely. In the first six months of this pandemic my function (not the biggest in the Estate) saved over 800k in T&S expenses. That's fucking mental. Especially as I've personally only trousered around 5K due to still being officially seconded rather than permanently in post. 

8 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

People have got used to having more money because they've been saving on a daily commute for over a year.

They'll consider going back to the office as a massive pay cut. In some cases it's well over £200 a month on petrol. Then they're having to buy lunch and coffees.

That's on top of maybe an extra 10 hours a week lost to commuting. That's a vast loss to cope with overnight when you are no longer used to it.

I can well understand why many people are going to fight this until their last breath.

And they'll say any old shite and jump on any old virtue signalling bandwagon which gets them what they want - personal safety, the health of others, won't anyone think of the childre, don't kill granny.......the list is fucking endless.

Can you give us a complete list.

Asking for a friend.

8 minutes ago, Abdul_Latif said:

Shut down longest and hardest. Made f**k all difference. In fact has made a return to normal all the more terrifying for the bed wetters.

Was it not preferable to have an infection explosion now, with the vaccine mitigating severe disease? As opposed to last year when there was far less protection.

Oh well, that woke a few of the wfh brigade up! 

Doubt they'll learn though. 

😂

Now Boris just get every fucker back to work and Nicola give me all those migrant workers you promised as not many here willing to get their arse off the sofa to turn a buck. 

Edited by BlueBear

3 minutes ago, BlueBear said:

Making life easier does not equal doing f**k all at work. 

Employer, employee. My money, my investment, my risk. Get it?! 

My people are well happy and well paid. Can't get enough of it and Covid restrictions we'll enforced. 

You sound just like some self entitled malcontent that thinks the world owes them a living. 

Businesses are not charities, nor are they democracies. Enjoy life on the dole. 

You're fooling no-one with your made up business.

1 hour ago, BlueBear said:

As an employer, paying fuckers to play at home as a right, ain't fucking happening. As an employer I decide.

The fuckers ripping the piss are those with your mind set.

They can either get with the programme or enjoy the dole. 

1 hour ago, BlueBear said:

Utter fucking nonsense. Sounds like the response of a lazy b*****d looking for an excuse to skive and get the easy life.

WFH no problem for the call centre types. 

Other than than that, face to face comms are needed and when I need answers to problems or someone fucking up, I do it face to face at MY fucking leisure, not there's. 

My business not yours. The privilage ALL mine. Do your job, get rewarded. Go against the narrative, dole time! 

Absolutely gutted not to work for the employer of the year.

Also buckled at the notion they keep raising that if you don't want to work for such a psychopath your only other option in this binary world is the dole. 

Just now, Left Back said:

You're fooling no-one with your made up business.

Up to you what you believe. No skin off my nose. 

You have your view and I have mine, so we are different. Hardly news for us humans to have differing opinions, now is it? 

1 hour ago, oaksoft said:

You think loosening restrictions is the same thing as proposing measures to control people?

Really?

I'm going to show that post to my wee dug when I get home. I'm fairly sure he will understand what was meant. 

As, of course, do you. 

23 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

People have got used to having more money because they've been saving on a daily commute for over a year.

They'll consider going back to the office as a massive pay cut. In some cases it's well over £200 a month on petrol. Then they're having to buy lunch and coffees.

That's on top of maybe an extra 10 hours a week lost to commuting. That's a vast loss to cope with overnight when you are no longer used to it.

I can well understand why many people are going to fight this until their last breath.

And they'll say any old shite and jump on any old virtue signalling bandwagon which gets them what they want - personal safety, the health of others, won't anyone think of the childre, don't kill granny.......the list is fucking endless.

And  school holidays as well for seven weeks. No doubt they will be bursting their arse on the computer screen for their employer and doing a fair days work, being ever so productive

NOT! 

1 hour ago, Dons_1988 said:

I suspect if it’s your business and the technology is there to facilitate remote working but you don’t trust anyone to carry it out, then you’re probably absolutely useless at running your business. 

Can I add "completely fucking useless at recruiting", "completely unable to adapt to changing business environment", and "an absolute cúnt to existing employees"?

Oh, and "Not actually existing except as a persona dreamt up by a bitter wee troll"?

19 minutes ago, WhiteRoseKillie said:

Only if they're as daft as you. The brighter ones will extend or upgrade their homes and play the tax game. 

I'm sure there will be loads of people in their 20s and 30s putting extensions onto their rented flats.....

3 minutes ago, Detournement said:

You can tell someone is definitely running a large business when they spend the whole of Monday posting.

Tbf today is Jeff's first day not as CEO, he's probably bored.

1 hour ago, Billy Jean King said:
1 hour ago, oaksoft said:
And THAT is why masks should not be mandatory. It has nothing to do with vaccines. It has everything to do with the fact that they clearly don't fucking work. A year of evidence and 3 massive waves of cases proves they don't work.
And yet........
We still have to suffer one expert after another trying to assure us that they do.
If I get to be king, any scientist who claims that masks work would be banned for life from all public office and have their funding permanently removed. These people have set back the reputation of the discipline of science for years.

Is anyone arguing they should be mandatory. You sound like your arguing with yourself. They will be requested in certain situations it will then be a personal choice for people to enter a business / public space asking for them to be observed. Millions will still going by the rather surprising public backlash ahead of today's announcement but that's their prerogative

Oaky is absolutely on the verge of posting "you can't even say you're British anymore, or you end up in jail". It's like somebody mixed up genes from Littlejohn. Liddle and Clarkson. 

iZT8ghc.png iZT8ghc.png iZT8ghc.png iZT8ghc.png iZT8ghc.png

Posted at 14:45

Unite leader put off using buses by man not wearing mask

image.gif.4f920ad8fedb07f5086e51b4696edc7b.gif
Copyright: PA Media

Bobby Morton, national officer for passenger transport at the Unite union, says he has not been on a bus since he had to sit next to a man not wearing a mask.

He told Radio 4's World at One programme: "A person approached me on the bus a number of weeks ago and sat very close to me.

“He wasn't wearing a mask and I asked him to move away from me and he refused and so I got off the bus and I've not been on one since."

Unite says ending the requirement to wear masks on public transport would be an act of gross negligence by the government.

Morton added: “My main problem is that I can foresee another wave coming in the winter and unfortunately I can see more deaths, particularly amongst the drivers that I represent."

Elderly P&K-based step-family member of mine currently in ICU with Covid.  One can only presume he'd been double-dosed, but it sounds like miracles are required tbh.  Already lost two on my side of the family. 😞

Know plenty of people in P&K who are currently self isolating, more than I’ve known throughout the pandemic. Seems to have spread like wildfire after the Wembley game when people returned home.