Coronavirus (COVID-19)

2 hours ago, oaksoft said:

You have had a year of hard evidence that masks don't work. Almost 100% compliance with wearing them and we're on the 3rd massive wave of cases.

What is it going to take to convince you bloody people that they are making no difference?

Seriously. What will it take?

Did you not say that you’d stopped wearing a mask 3 or 4 weeks ago?

More knicker-wetting shite:

Burnham said masks should be retained in enclosed public spaces “where people have to go – not in bars or restaurants, where people have a choice.”

He added: “For people who have no choice but to use public transport or also in essential retail, I think at this stage it is not asking too much to have a continuing requirement to wear masks in those places. If you’re in a position where you have no choice about it and you feel very vulnerable, I just don’t think it’s fair to remove that requirement at this stage.”

If you're in any way "very vulnerable" then you already enjoy the fullest protection possible, provided by both doses of the vaccine. 

If you feel 'very vulnerable' in spite of that fact, or despite the fact that you weren't on any of the JCVI priority groups, then that's just tough. The solution to 15 months of hysterical 24/7 coverage warping your concept of risk is not to maintain mandatory mask wearing despite there being zero discernable impact on a nothing risk. At what point exactly would this restriction ever end?

1517853222_RpaYRMeapf0X(2).gif.37083e05fe45b65b53d44333b76328c4.gif

Give these knicker-wetting, Victorian hysterics three weeks under the old normal and they'll be back to wondering what all the fuss was about instead.

2 minutes ago, virginton said:

If you're in any way "very vulnerable" then you already enjoy the fullest protection possible, provided by both doses of the vaccine. 

If you feel 'very vulnerable' in spite of that fact, or despite the fact that you weren't on any of the JCVI priority groups, then that's just tough. The solution to 15 months of hysterical 24/7 coverage warping your concept of risk is not to maintain mandatory mask wearing despite there being zero discernable impact on a nothing risk. At what point exactly would this restriction ever end?

Give these knicker-wetting, Victorian hysterics three weeks under the old normal and they'll be back to wondering what all the fuss was about instead.

Sounds like back-peddling from Burnham.  Probably realised that mask wearing isn't going to be that popular and is attempting to change his stance to appeal to the majority while still acting as if he cares more.  He's tinpot. 

Just now, virginton said:

Sounds like Andy wants his normal social life back.  Get the bars and restaurants open and mask free.  Absolute guarantee he doesn't use pubic transport or do the shopping.

If he' using the logic of "where people want to go" being fine for no masks I wonder how the people that work in the bars and restaurants feel about that seeing as they're more likely not to be jagged yet?

He really is a mumbling clown.

Tomorrow’s Scottish briefing should be a cracker now. Anything less than full reopening of pubs, clubs, entertainment, stadiums etc and the same conditions as UK for tourism in August will be a death knell to support from those businesses.

If Sturgeon doesn't announce something VERY similar tomorrow she can go f**k herself.

They have too, if they have any hope of getting support for independence high enough to win a hypothetical vote they have too
If they keep us muzzled and restricted out of stubbornness or fear whilst England is out partying then many people including long term indy supporters like myself might think well if this is what independence looks like then you can ram it
Which would be sad on a many levels

1 minute ago, anotherchance said:

Excellent and fairly obvious point about long COVID - tends to be linked strongly with severe disease, which vaccines cigar the f**k out of.

Channel 4 won’t push Deepti on that during her inevitable appearance later, sadly.

Is she on channel 4 later?  If she is I’ll be watching for the lolz

It's next week.

Good
They’ve back-pedalled before after a backlash
It was only in February that swinney was “leaking” to the press that restrictions may remain in place after everyone was vaccinated and that got kicked tae f**k after uproar from the public

Not that you'd listen listen, but when Covid kicked of I was running the business as my son was overseas, and when he came back over three months later, we were so busy as I DID say, due to the burgeoning NHS work which wasn't planned. Do try to keep up. I had to stay on, until I got my break at Xmas. Not that I need to explain myself to an argumentative self loather like yourself. 
If your going to make up shite, do try to keep up. 
There's no clown like a clown who calls others a clown. 
Now go enjoy the Giro you deserve each other. 
[emoji23]

Oh, can we keep this one? Can we, please?