Coronavirus (COVID-19)

I wonder if the Tories are surprised at the pro mask kickback to their proposals, I certainly am a tad surprised at the support for retaining masks. Given the populist nature of this government I hope they don't go all Israel and literally shit the bed after 10 days and reimpose mask restrictions

9 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

What time is this announcement tonight?

I'm expecting a lovejoy meltdown at levels even Anatoly Dyatlov would be envious of.

image.png.34b0b29948bc909fdc8608693729bb74.png

5pm.

2 hours ago, TheJTS98 said:

Is it a good question though?

Would you expect him to ask a capitalist scientist if their views on individual liberty were clouding their scientific judgement?

Can't say I've heard that asked. It's an extremely loaded question, and far from evidence of impartial journalism, whatever you think of the rights and wrongs of her views.

1 hour ago, SweeperDee said:

I’ve tried that, I don’t have any letters as the vaccine was arranged through work (Ninewells). It’s not recognising my details at all so kinda stuck.

It should work if you can remember the dates that you had each jab.

On 02/07/2021 at 20:40, Alex_14 said:

Has anyone in the younger generation who signed up for their vaccine online (i.e., no blue letter shenanigans) been able to get a record of their coronavirus vaccine status?

I'm trying to sign up on the website but keep getting told the details I've entered are incorrect. Which they are not. 

https://www.nhsinform.scot/covid-19-vaccine/after-your-vaccine/get-a-record-of-your-coronavirus-covid-19-vaccination-status

I had the same problem, phoned the helpline who suggested they hadn't uploaded all the data so I should keep trying, which I did for a week with no success. Phoned them again and a very helpful girl broke the rules and told me the dates they had on the system which were wrong. Looks like they entered the dates when my GP passed on my details rather than when I had the jabs.

P.S. I'm an old fart who got the letters before they invented blue envelopes!

Edited by welshbairn

Just get everything opened up and every c**t back to work, ending the pretend home working shite. 

However, keep face masks mandatory for public transport and public spaces like supermarkets, until infection rates drastically reduce.

Private Companies/Offices to decide on their own policies on sanitising and mask wearing.

As for the fitba, maybe start with 50% capacity for a few weeks and see how it goes, with sampling test and trace with the Glasgow clubs. I doubt any serious transmission rates and add that with vaxxing, little if any serious illness. Should be down to the support if they want to attend anyway. Clubs need to know wtf is happening as they need to prepare in advance. 

As for vaccinating the schoolies, undecided, seeing were all just Guinea pigs on vaxxing. OK for adults, but for kids the risks of severe illness are virtually zero, versus the unknown vax effects on them, which could be major, who knows?!  Maybe vax the high school lot at a push. Wouldn't trust any government propaganda on it, particularly if they start giving it AZ is now OK for kids (as there's f**k else left!) as we've done more trials. Aye, nay bother, hawd me back!

30 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:

I wonder if the Tories are surprised at the pro mask kickback to their proposals, I certainly am a tad surprised at the support for retaining masks. Given the populist nature of this government I hope they don't go all Israel and literally shit the bed after 10 days and reimpose mask restrictions

I am surprised too. But then I guess they are but another weapon in the culture war. 

Just get everything opened up and every c**t back to work, ending the pretend home working shite. 
However, keep face masks mandatory for public transport and public spaces like supermarkets, until infection rates drastically reduce.
Private Companies/Offices to decide on their own policies on sanitising and mask wearing.
As for the fitba, maybe start with 50% capacity for a few weeks and see how it goes, with sampling test and trace with the Glasgow clubs. I doubt any serious transmission rates and add that with vaxxing, little if any serious illness. Should be down to the support if they want to attend anyway. Clubs need to know wtf is happening as they need to prepare in advance. 
As for vaccinating the schoolies, undecided, seeing were all just Guinea pigs on vaxxing. OK for adults, but for kids the risks of severe illness are virtually zero, versus the unknown vax effects on them, which could be major, who knows?!  Maybe vax the high school lot at a push. Wouldn't trust any government propaganda on it, particularly if they start giving it AZ is now OK for kids (as there's f**k else left!) as we've done more trials. Aye, nay bother, hawd me back!
We are never returning to office based working nor will millions of others. It's one positive benefit of this whole debacle. Why do you want people to return to office based working ?

It should work if you can remember the dates that you had each jab.

It’s only asking me the date I had my first jab and I’m giving them that date. It’s still not working. I’ll need to phone up the helpline but not very hopefully considering all the details my side are correct.

1 minute ago, SweeperDee said:

It’s only asking me the date I had my first jab and I’m giving them that date. It’s still not working. I’ll need to phone up the helpline but not very hopefully considering all the details my side are correct.

Re my post above, ask them what happens if the dates they have on their system are wrong.

6 minutes ago, Left Back said:

Noticed this belter on Deepti's twitter.

image.png.62416c493bea2722430be7a97b409c6a.png

she's gone full Devi

She's raging about Michie's GMB interview as well. 

I think she is best advised to step away from social media for a bit. 

2 hours ago, EdinburghPar1975 said:

He's been a pretty good presenter on GMB, asks the questions without it seeming like he's on the attack all the time.

I also watched Dan Walker on the beeb have a go at one of the Tory MPs as she wouldn't say what she would do about masks and continually said she'll follow the policy...Dan Walker kept telling her that was a daft answer if the policy is to do what you think was right...she just would not answer. Same route they all seem to be taking apart from that housing minister.

..unlike Moron, who would simply attack without allowing any type of coherent answer. Analysis of their criminal pasts shows a difference as well, with Madeley's shoplifting stacking up against Moron's insider trading, phone hacking..

2 hours ago, TheJTS98 said:

Is it a good question though?

Would you expect him to ask a capitalist scientist if their views on individual liberty were clouding their scientific judgement?

Can't say I've heard that asked. It's an extremely loaded question, and far from evidence of impartial journalism, whatever you think of the rights and wrongs of her views.

It's the wrong question. The right question would be to ask this so-called Communist how she got such a lovely home when many are living rough?

7 minutes ago, Left Back said:

Noticed this belter on Deepti's twitter.

image.png.62416c493bea2722430be7a97b409c6a.png

she's gone full Devi

Deepti is far worse than Devi. At least with Sridhar, (1) She acknowledges the harm that isolation causes, and (2) She genuinely believes that her way of controlling the virus is the quickest route back to normality. 

Deepti Gurdasani on the other hand is a total roaster who genuinely thinks that covid and long covid are so severe that we should be locking down for as long as it takes to eliminate the virus, even if that is 5 years or more. She also thinks overseas travel restrictions should be permanent unless other countries commit to elimination and global eradication strategies.

I’m convinced that people like her seriously overrate the severity of your average covid infections 

12 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:

We are never returning to office based working nor will millions of others. It's one positive benefit of this whole debacle. Why do you want people to return to office based working ?

People should at least have the choice. Home working is never going to work for everyone, especially if they don’t have the space at home to dedicate to working, nor can get the peace and quiet for it.

You run the risk of jobs if forced to be WFH being unable to be taken up by certain individuals because of their home life set up and that is grossly unfair / unequal.

1 hour ago, Abdul_Latif said:

If the government keep them in schools, unfortunately those kids won’t have the option really. There’s more to this than adults making a stand by not wearing them to the supermarket.

And people say political activism is dead.