Coronavirus (COVID-19)

2 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

I'm normally exceptionally optimistic and nothing much gets me down but I have to say today's announcement has absolutely left me completely deflated.

I'm so deflated I'm even mulling over the idea about selling up and moving to Borisland.

That's how bad I feel right now.

Ach I need to get a coffee and a walk to clear my head.

Last time she did an update so negative the fall out was so bad she had to walk it back a few days later.

Once they’ve read the room I honestly think they’ll realise they’ve fucked it and have no option to go full reopening on the 9th August. 

Stopping the need for children to self isolate is surely a bit daft, it's clear to see that schools are a breeding ground and sending potentially positive kids home when they aren't jagged up seems a bit strange.

Just now, Am Featha *****h Nan Clach said:

Do what you fucking want but don't boast about some minor rule breach like you're a 16 year old VL bragging to their friend about having a Smirnoff Ice

I'm not sure people are bragging about it, more that they are highlighting what is happening in reality which shows how ludicrous it is to impose these arbitrary precautions further still.

Just now, Suspect Device said:

The only thing I'm interested in is how many fans we get to have in the stadium next week and can I get a pint in a pub beforehand.

image.png.4e4b01162fb4a7be5491841526376980.png

The last sentence gave me slight hope except that |I remembered that it means we have to rely on Aberdeen council and they are bigger fuckwits than the Scottish government.

Edinburgh Council are far worse. They are more interested in building student apartments in every empty building possible. 

1 hour ago, Elixir said:

I'm old enough to remember when places like this were held up as a shining light throughout the pandemic by #ZeroCovid cultists!

I mean, people who can get it but choose not to are simply anti-vaxx scum cretins. It's as simple as that.

While opposition to things like domestic vaccine passes are understandable, both yourself and 'Thereisalight..' certainly seem to give off strong anti-vaxx vibes as well...

I'm not particularly bothered about this vaccine but I've had Covid and am naturally immune so why should I get it? I'll probably have to get it before the end of the year now but i'm hoping to visit friends in Australia whenever that is possible so would need it for that. 

I'm astonished that more people aren't concerned about the digital control/restriction infrastructure that is being established across Europe and the likelihood that this is just the beginning and it won't just be Covid vaccines or even just vaccines that determine your status to participate in society. Have a look at the draconian new law and order bill the Tories are passing and it's obvious what direction we are headed in.

3 minutes ago, The Master said:

That in no way suggests I think it’s an either/or decision. 

It means I think the Scottish Government sees it as an either/or decision, and that’s something I’m prepared to accept in the absence of being able to do anything about it. 

If you're prepared to unquestioningly accept completely illogical and ridiculous government decisions "in the absence of being able to do anything about it" then you're a rube. Not to mention the most useful idiot imaginable for a genuinely malevolent authoritarian regime, as opposed to this merely incompetent and knicker-wetting brigade. 

3 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

20 years of voting SNP in every single election up in smoke.

Over fucking masks.

It's strange what things end up being your red lines.

Just stop wearing them.  No one challenges anyone who isn't wearing them.

11 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

I'm afraid that it is looking very much like we'll never be free from mask wearing unless people are prepared to break the law.

We're already in July.

"For some time" strongly suggests not August either.

Then we're into September and I just don't see why she would remove them at that point.

Another year of this and she'll consider it unnecessary to ever remove them.

I think we are stuck with them permanently.

How the f**k did we allow it all to come to this?

She should be pushed on an endpoint for the masks.

Outside of some weirdo zero COVID dream, those who can't take a vaccine and are vulnerable are going to be "at risk" regardless.

More mewling from Sturgeon (and the BBC today) about the vulnerable feeling anxious etc despite the fact that err, this will always have been the case even before Covid. We also had cold, hard fucking data only days ago which shows vaccination essentially works just as well for them as 'non-vulnerable' people.

Get in the bin. Life should not be based around this.

1 minute ago, virginton said:

If you're prepared to unquestioningly accept completely illogical and ridiculous government decisions "in the absence of being able to do anything about it" then you're a rube. Not to mention the most useful idiot imaginable for a genuinely malevolent authoritarian regime, as opposed to this merely incompetent and knicker-wetting brigade. 

You tell me what I can do about it in the absence of an election. Then tell me why you haven’t already been doing that given your vocal opposition to many of the restrictions that have been kept in place until now. 

Just now, anotherchance said:

She should be pushed on an endpoint for the masks.

Outside of some weirdo zero COVID dream, those who can't take a vaccine and are vulnerable are going to be "at risk" regardless.

But don’t forget ‘you can get seriously ill with the virus at any age’ and ‘long covid is a threat to us all’.

Better to be cautious as we just don’t know 😏

Just stop wearing them.  No one challenges anyone who isn't wearing them.
You clearly don't follow Oaky's ramblings. He has stated on here he hasn't been wearing one for weeks so no idea why he feels the need to move house given he's not been following the rule for ages. Attention seeking nonsense.

3 minutes ago, The Master said:

You tell me what I can do about it in the absence of an election. Then tell me why you haven’t already been doing that given your vocal opposition to many of the restrictions that have been kept in place until now. 

We quite literally just had one.

One in which it was entirely predictable that a cross in the SNP box would lead to wishy washy lovejoy pandering like this.

Edited by Todd_is_God