Coronavirus (COVID-19)

22 minutes ago, virginton said:

It quite clearly isn’t ‘down to a fine art’ if people having the temerity to buy more things means that they can’t keep essential goods reliably in stock a fortnight afterwards.

All right. "under normal circumstaces".  Blimey, I thought I could be pedantic.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/mar/26/spain-coronavirus-response-analysis
"On 19 February, 2,500 Valencia soccer fans mixed with 40,000 Atalanta supporters for a Champions League game in Bergamo which Giorgio Gori, mayor of the Italian city, has described as “the bomb” which exploded the virus in Lombardy."

Fake news. The game was in Milan.

1 minute ago, Thereisalight.. said:

It was worrying when England took so long to announce their figures yesterday, but they were a pleasant surprise. Hopefully that wasn’t just a blip

Someone said they’ve changed the deadline time (no pun) to make them look better.  Of course that will only work once.

2 hours ago, Junior Pub League said:

The Guardian are, always have been and always will be massive c***s.

2 hours ago, Savage Henry said:

Sometimes it feels like the Grauniad wants people to die, just so they can make a woke criticism of BoJo.

Truth hurts.

5 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

Drove past Asda and the queue of people outside is scary. Folk aren’t standing 2 meters apart. I also saw a pic on FB and once inside the queue for the checkout is right up two of the aisles. There is no way that is 2 meters when you’ve got people going down those aisles for shopping. And still no toilet roll seemingly...

As I drove home from work last evening I spotted someone coming out of my local Co-op carrying a 9 pack of Cushelle Ultra Quilted, the guy had his chest puffed out and was swaggering along with a look of sheer triumph on his face.

The other one I've noticed is the self conscious embarrassment when asking for a "box of paracetamol" which was rivalled only by the "fear" when purchasing the "tap shelf scuddy book" as a young teenager or whispering in the video shop workers ear if they had "any under the coonter stuff" ??

Yes, it's strange times indeed.

Very quiet in Inverness Tesco Metro. Plenty of everything that I was after, one max of toilet paper, 3 of everything else. Wee gaggle of 20ish girls told off for standing together, everyone else doing what they were told.

2 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

As I drove home from work last evening I spotted someone coming out of my local Co-op carrying a 9 pack of Cushelle Ultra Quilted, the guy had his chest puffed out and was swaggering along with a look of sheer triumph on his face.

The other one I've noticed is the self conscious embarrassment when asking for a "box of paracetamol" which was rivalled only by the "fear" when purchasing the "tap shelf scuddy book" as a young teenager or whispering in the video shop workers ear if they had "any under the coonter stuff" ??

Yes, it's strange times indeed.

No wonder he looked so proud! I haven’t been able to find any for 11 days now. I’ve tried 3 different towns. 

2 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

No wonder he looked so proud! I haven’t been able to find any for 11 days now. I’ve tried 3 different towns. 

Well, This is True !!

40 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

Can people ‘stock up’ on prescriptions.  Our doctor will only prescribe at an appropriate time after the previous one.  They’re very strict about that.

Same with ours.

25 minutes ago, The DA said:

Sorry to hear that.

No worries mate, 2 years ago I had 6 months to live at best so taking opiods every day is a small price. Plus it gets you wrecked 😂 

Edited by madwullie

18 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

Someone said they’ve changed the deadline time (no pun) to make them look better.  Of course that will only work once.

Not if they keep changing the announcement time

19 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

They've been doing massaging of the figures for unemployment for years.