Coronavirus (COVID-19)

And a massive overreaction on here to boot. A strange episode all round.
Perhaps the reaction on here speaks more to where we are, how our govt is leading, the impact of their acts/ommissions/words on people though.

I know your not playing the "MOONHOWLERS!!!! THREADS A CAR CRASH!!!! card here, but I have long found the general reaction to folk venting their spleen on here quite odd.

I dont work in hospitality, and I use it less than I would like. I spent the last 24 hours in a rather odd state of anxiety because Yusaf was giving it that restrictions were inevitable all over the media then refusing to tell folk what it is.

I think the reaction on here is largely what I would expect for a group of people probably disproportionately skewed towards being customers of football and pubs.... Two demographics that have been treated like shite throughout.

7 minutes ago, Lyle Lanley said:

What is her issue with hospitality. Don’t know why not one politician or media ask her this. 

It's the perfect Presbyterian scapegoat for the government's failure, while insisting that the weans' education (read: playing shitey games for three days next week) Must Not Be Disturbed. 

21 months in and we're still pretending that a virus knows whether you've got a pint in your hand before transmitting. A bunch of utter frauds. 

5 minutes ago, effeffsee_the2nd said:

Not really, you know that more is coming as soon as they get a sniff of furlough. If we were independent we would have absolutely followed Ireland in not opening up fully in the autumn and going back into a soft lockdown around now

If we were Independent then there's a fair chance we'd have done things much differently the previous 18 months though.

Well I'm heading to Fife for the weekend and I imagine that social distancing at Central Park for the visit of Albion Rovers will be entirely possible. Glad the government haven't filled their pants and banned spactators at football again.

I agree that this week hasn't been handled terribly well.

Plenty people think that the government are holding off because the public won’t tolerate a restricted Christmas 2 years in a row, but will be quite accepting of a lockdown when they are fat and skint in January along with a number of people getting an extended break in the form of furlough

Missed the briefing but was it just we can't stop you going to the pub but we just advise everyone not to? Seems like a pointless shot at hospitality and just need to hope enough folk will ignore it and keep businesses going. 

If we were Independent then there's a fair chance we'd have done things much differently the previous 18 months though.

Again, not really, the only thing that might be different is we could have handled the first wave better, but as soon as the inevitable opening up happened we would have taken more or less the same course
We are not New Zealand

"Although it is guidance, please do not think of it as optional" if you can't enforce these new restrictions then they're optional and I know what option I'll be taking.

1 minute ago, effeffsee_the2nd said:

Again, not really, the only thing that might be different is we could have handled the first wave better, but as soon as the inevitable opening up happened we would have taken more or less the same course
We are not New Zealand

What's the lottery numbers for Saturday?

So am I getting married next week or not?
Sturge might turn up and give you a stern talking to but other than that you should be fine, assuming no other last minute briefings.