Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Leitch saying they haven't run out of LFD tests, just they've reached the limit in the amount that can be sent via Royal Mail in a day, and more available to book online at 8pm.
Cue the bed wetters sitting refreshing their browser until they can order more despite having weeks of test stored up "just in case".

4 minutes ago, D.V.T. said:

NS to give a televised address tomorrow a la Boris Johnson

Blah blah, worrying, blah blah, overwhem NHS, blah blah, i know how hard this is, blah blah, I don't apologise, blah blah, caution, blah blah, reckless Toaries, blah blah, lock yourselves away, blah blah,  over to you Jason for more advice on washing hands. 

I think Sturgeon is going to do something big tomorrow unfortunately. I’ve heard civil service have to go back to the minimum amount of people in the office for essential work only. Could we be going back to level 0, the working from home message re-re-re enforced and maybe non essential offices to close again (they are allowed to open currently aren’t they?)

Regardless anything like level 0 will be with the caveat that it’s for 2 weeks only obviously, which will take us to May as is tradition.

Edited by Scotty Tunbridge

Love the fact that they're so scared sh1tless of the variant, and how transmissible it is, that they think closing some non essential offices and potential extending of some vax passports will stop it, whilst clubs, pubs, restuarants, etc etc etc are still open. Really are led by utter utter clowns. 

20 minutes ago, Scotty Tunbridge said:

I’ve heard civil service have to go back to the minimum amount of people in the office for essential work only

That's what she has already asked everyone else to do so will be trying very hard not to make it look like one rule for her staff and another for everyone else. Quite rightly.

4 minutes ago, Proudtobeabairn said:

Strong rumours that she'll announce schools will close from Friday.  

1 minute ago, Donathan said:

Don’t know if you’re whooshing me but surely they would be closing on Friday for the Christmas break anyway? 

Not all of them. West Lothian are due to finish up next Wednesday.

From what I’m hearing from friends / colleagues in other authorities some schools have already had to send pupils home and go to distance  learning because they have so many staff absent through either self isolation or having to take time off to watch their kids who are self isolating.

5 minutes ago, Gaz said:

Not all of them. West Lothian are due to finish up next Wednesday.

From what I’m hearing from friends / colleagues in other authorities some schools have already had to send pupils home and go to distance  learning because they have so many staff absent through either self isolation or having to take time off to watch their kids who are self isolating.

Teachers’ unions calling for schools to shut early - shocker.

Schools closing early makes sense and would show that a lesson from last year has actually been learned after our favourite bald, speccy tube said they were safe, refused to close them early and then they didn't open again for a couple of months. 

Plus, if it's cases you're worried about, you need to hit the areas the numbers are high.