Coronavirus (COVID-19)

7 hours ago, UsedToGoToCentralPark said:

England reducing isolation from 10 days to 7 if you test negative 2 days in a row.

Surely they should implement that here as well. Would alleviate some of the staff shortages in business and make people more likely to comply with nearly a third off their COVID jail time. 

10 hours ago, G51 said:

I had a Pfizer booster Sunday, my side-effects were pretty much the same as the second dose. 

Absolutely knackered for a couple of hours, sore limbs and a stinking sore head the day after.

Would be interesting to know how many people had the same side effects for their booster as they had for their second dose.

My booster was a different vaccine and after effects totally different for all three: 

Pfizer 1: v tired

Pfizer 2: f**k all

Moderna: three days of arm pain (gone this morning). 

10 hours ago, Aufc said:

I might be missing something but I was considering not going for my booster which was earlier tonight. When I mentioned to two people that I was thinking this, they both said “you need to get it to help other people”. Still trying to work out why this is the case? I have had covid and had no symptoms (I’m an athlete) so I know I won’t be affected should I get it again. Why would me not getting the booster make a difference to anyone else? I can still get it and pass it on even without the booster

Same (I am an overweight gamer). 

I wonder if after Christmas boris is going to drop some minor restriction in England if the numbers continue to fall. Just for shits and giggles. 
Isolation dropping to 7 days in England
Boris reading P&B, takes only 2 minutes to react.

Mental stuff.

5 minutes ago, pub car king said:

I wonder if after Christmas boris is going to drop some minor restriction in England if the numbers continue to fall. Just for shits and giggles. 

If omicron follows its Gauteng trajectory in the UK (there are some signs London may have already peaked with a decoupling between case and hospitalisation rates), Nicola Sturgeon could wind up looking foolish which is probably the first step to exiting her overzealous nanny state approach. 

Notice Finland and Sweden are now adding restrictions to hospitality. Portugal yesterday. Germany introducing similar restrictions on clubs, spectator's football and restrictions on private gatherings (although more than us); Netherlands back into a more formal lockdown.

Maybe Boris is playing 4D chess vs. Sturgeon, but its striking that these other countries are going down the same route. Everyone is spooked, everyone is herding together in terms of actions. Everyone, presumably has their own version of Whitty, Ferguson and Leitch.

Just now, renton said:

Notice Finland and Sweden are now adding restrictions to hospitality. Portugal yesterday. Germany introducing similar restrictions on clubs, spectator's football and restrictions on private gatherings (although more than us); Netherlands back into a more formal lockdown.

Maybe Boris is playing 4D chess vs. Sturgeon, but its striking that these other countries are going down the same route. Everyone is spooked, everyone is herding together in terms of actions. Everyone, presumably has their own version of Whitty, Ferguson and Leitch.

They can probably pay for their restrictions though.

19 hours ago, Frank Grimes said:

Well, indeed 

Not to be morbid but it’s just a fact that mental health is given nary a consideration when they mothball society every 6 months 

@Aufc

I was quoting the post copied above. It was in the BBC news a minute ago that we are up to 14 Omnicrom deaths but it’s safe to presume the suicide numbers will have also increased since the Twitter post. For reference, I also had a quick check myself last night, to validate these figures and quickly found some shocking stats on Samaritans website. For example, 805 suicides in 2020 in Scotland which was a slight reduction on 2019...

https://www.samaritans.org/scotland/about-samaritans/research-policy/suicide-facts-and-figures/latest-suicide-data/

I’ve slept on it, and I’m still seething about yesterday. 
I wonder if it will be leitch, swinney or both wheeled out today to tell us these restrictions ‘may not go far enough…’

Same position. She’s shit the bed to the same extent as that useless twat in Wales. (If you want to see how Labour would react in the UK look there.)

Yesterday was a great opportunity for the mature adult conversations we’ve been promised. She chose not to take it.

Had she stood up and said that the numbers were rising, but slower than predicted, so no precautions were coming in yet, BUT if numbers increased to X amount then we would bring in the restrictions, until then go about as normal but be cautious you may need to isolate over Christmas and Hogmanay period if your going out and about.

Instead, she went straight for “precautions.”

I’ve seen people online mock football fans for being irate, but it’s not just football fans, there’s hospitality workers, entertainment workers, all of them have been shat on for no reason.

If they’ve half a brain they’ll realise how unpopular this decision has been, and realised Johnson’s caught them off guard. However they’ll double down.