Coronavirus (COVID-19)

12 minutes ago, Thorongil said:

Is Boris has played Sturgeon here I don’t think even Thomas Kinkade could paint Sturgeon in a positive light. 
What an idiot.

I'm still convinced* the late addition of "up to" was significant.

Bin Edinburgh Hogmanay and the Glasgow Derby off to avoid large scale gatherings, ban vertical drinking to avoid crowded pubs for the game, then lift the restrictions "early" to try look like the good guys.

Spoiler

Hopium copium

Edited by Todd_is_God

1 hour ago, sparky88 said:

The only thing I can think of is that the different demographics of SA and UK make it slightly more difficult to compare the two.

The whole situation is almost like a mirror image of the data from Italy in March 2020, when folk were saying 'italys population is really old that's why they have had so many deaths'. And that was used as excuse for inaction on lockdowns in UK and elsewhere.  

South Africa's demographics should ( I think ) lead to higher deaths.  Blacks ( coloured, whatever the PC term ) folk tend to be lower in vit D with a higher death rate.   There's also a far higher levels of HIV in SA.   Lets present the data as it is. 

* update the Aston Villa (not super John McGinn ) once again on my profile 3 times in 30 mins.   Mental stuff.   It's like Nicola Sturgeon on stilts. 

@bully wee villa can you explain your weird behaviour to the masses. 

Edited by Scampi on toast

Looks like virtually all nightclubs are closing from Boxing Day as far as I can see. 

The SG have effectively closed them without saying it as they can’t have table service or 1 metre between groups.

There’s bound to be job losses as a result with no furlough as I can’t see them having bags of cash in the bank as it is after the last 2 years.

Edited by PedroMoutinho

Fucking piss take. 

Same bullshit bias,  same 3 week line we’ve heard before that was a complete lie everytime it’s been used.  Once again lives are being destroyed.

Worried about how myself and those I care about will cope,  this is disgraceful stuff.

Edited by parsforlife

6 minutes ago, parsforlife said:

Fucking piss take. 

Same bullshit bias,  same 3 week line we’ve heard before that was a complete lie everytime it’s been used.  Once again lives are being destroyed.

Worried about how myself and those I care about will cope,  this is disgraceful stuff.

Remember this at the next Scottish Parliament election…in 2026. Only 4 and a half years to go.

33 minutes ago, Scampi on toast said:

South Africa's demographics should ( I think ) lead to higher deaths.  Blacks ( coloured, whatever the PC term ) folk tend to be lower in vit D with a higher death rate.   There's also a far higher levels of HIV in SA.   Lets present the data as it is. 

* update the Aston Villa (not super John McGinn ) once again on my profile 3 times in 30 mins.   Mental stuff.   It's like Nicola Sturgeon on stilts. 

@bully wee villa can you explain your weird behaviour to the masses. 

You kept banging on about being a previously banned poster, I was checking if you looked familiar. Not that I need to justify myself to you, weirdo.

1 minute ago, anotherchance said:

How the f**k is the African nations getting to go ahead with fans in attendance with Cameroon having jagged practically nobody, and we’re sitting with 90%+ with antibodies and we get this pish?

Clearly "the guys" in Yaoundé pay little attention to the musings of Clownshoes, Bald Specky Tubes or Nicola Sturgeon.