Coronavirus (COVID-19)

9 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

Things are not looking to great in England.

A6194337-3B6C-4E7F-B102-8086A840B8A4.thumb.jpeg.c54401b99a551fec1bc4db7af8d4b3c6.jpeg

^^^ idiot found

Incidental admissions are swelling the data, as was predicted weeks ago. It is absolutely nowhere near last January's peak, i.e. near the point of being 'overwhelmed'. Numbers on assisted ventilation are flat as a pancake. London, the epicentre with comparatively low vaccination rates, has already peaked with hospitals coming nowhere near 'breaking point'. As things progress through the rest of England, the gross number will climb, but on a per capita basis won't exceed what has already been seen in London.

Unlucky. Imagine being so bitter and desperate for England to fail just because the Scottish Government are a bunch of authoritarian, bed wetting losers who don't trust the people they serve. Minter.

41 minutes ago, Donathan said:

One thing I’ve noticed in the pandemic is that people seem to tie the perceived riskiness of a given activity to the perceived moral value of that activity. Churches are good, nightclubs are bad. School sports days are good, professional football matches are bad. Park runs are good, outdoor music festivals are bad. Despite the fact that each of these pairs of events are roughly equivalent in terms of actual riskiness. 

Yes, there's a particularly puritanical fervour that seems to come with restrictions particularly in Scotland. It's the country of the Offensive Behaviour in Football Act, the first country with minimum alcohol pricing. The chaining up of play parks is a particular favourite, reminiscent of that happening on Sundays in the Western Isles. 

1 minute ago, Michael W said:

Nearly one third of hospital patients in England are in the least vaccinated (by a distance) part of the country. 

They work. 

The real selfish c***s are these who refuse to get vaccinated, not the people with 3 jags wanting to go for a pint or to the football

It feels like the unvaccinated up here have been given a free pass from the criticism 

2 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

How much would it have to go up for you to think it’s bad?  All the way to the peak in January?

If we coped in January we could cope now.

There's not a hope in hell it will get to January's total, imo.

But maybe it will, and you can come back and gloat and give it the GIRFUY, 1-0 to the SNP shtick

1 minute ago, Jacksgranda said:

But maybe it will, and you can come back and gloat and give it the GIRFUY, 1-0 to the SNP shtick

In fairness, the number of deaths in January was horrendous and it’s not really an appropriate benchmark. 

However, I agree we ain’t getting anywhere near that this time round. 

1 minute ago, Dons_1988 said:

In fairness, the number of deaths in January was horrendous and it’s not really an appropriate benchmark. 

However, I agree we ain’t getting anywhere near that this time round. 

I'm not talking about deaths - although that's a fair point - I'm talking about cases rising

2 minutes ago, Clown Job said:

The real selfish c***s are these who refuse to get vaccinated, not the people with 3 jags wanting to go for a pint or to the football

It feels like the unvaccinated up here have been given a free pass from the criticism 

The SG, to the unvaccinated -‘Pleeeeeaase get vaccinated, pretty pleeeeeasse’

Also the SG, to the triple vaccinated - ‘You want to go and watch your team on Saturday? I think not m8’

9 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

How much would it have to go up for you to think it’s bad?  All the way to the peak in January?

Hospitals were swamped last January, but they weren't overwhelmed with people dying in the streets. That's a perfectly reasonable baseline for not shutting down society. Thankfully they won't get near that anyway.

14 hours ago, sparky88 said:
Yes, there's a particularly puritanical fervour that seems to come with restrictions particularly in Scotland. It's the country of the Offensive Behaviour in Football Act, the first country with minimum alcohol pricing. The chaining up of play parks is a particular favourite, reminiscent of that happening on Sundays in the Western Isles. 

How many play parks were chained up in Scotland during the pandemic? From what I saw reported this was mostly an English and Welsh phenomenon. Certainly I didn't see any at any point.

Edited by craigkillie

7 minutes ago, Jacksgranda said:

Not an answer to my question.

39 minutes ago, Left Back said:

Fishing must have been the outlier here then.

It was banned for reasons unknown. A safer activity I can’t imagine (although your shooting example is up there)

For the avoidance of any doubt I’m not into shooting or fishing and have no vested interest here.

Working class guys go often go fishing and have a drink and a smoke. 

Nicola can't have that.

9 minutes ago, Clown Job said:

It's their personal choice and they are entitled to make it tbh. 

However if anyone is in doubt as to the benefit of vaccination, they really should be looking at London because it's striking. I think we are pretty much at the point now where everyone that wants it has had it. 

18 minutes ago, Clown Job said:

Aye I was out gloriously spike protein free having a pint last night.

Get it round ye!

Edited by Detournement