Coronavirus (COVID-19)

19 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

image.png.dd7b933a89f54a21a13b693b7b4b1f2e.png

Wonder how the former health secretary / current FM will respond to this one...

She'll start by sighing and rolling her eyes at the person who asked the question then pluck some record investment figures that no one one ever challenges out of thin air and finish by saying no one cares more about the NHS than she does. Job done

12 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

Being an outlier doesn't mean you are wrong though. In this case it's quite the opposite. The other countries are effectively copying one anothers homework.

These restrictions have been a misstep and I hope there is a lessons learnt and post mortem. Particularly over how data is being presented and subsequently reported. It really has been badly skewed to justify going further than is necessary.

That's a new variant! 😁

Not a new variant of covid, a variant of the story described as "everyone's oot o' step except oor Jock" 

15,849 new cases of COVID-19 reported*

63,238 new tests for COVID-19 that reported results*

28.9% of these were positive

3 new reported death(s) of people who have tested positive

36 people were in intensive care yesterday with recently confirmed COVID-19 (34 on Christma Eve)

679 people were in hospital yesterday with recently confirmed COVID-19 (536 on Christmas Eve)

4,380,108 people have received their first dose of a COVID-19 vaccination, 4,009,886 have received their second dose, and 2,901,719 have received a third dose or booster.

*There continues to be large volumes of tests being processed by labs; this and the festive period have impacted turnaround times for results. The figures being reported today will include a backlog from before Christmas. We are starting to see improvements in turnaround times, and continue to monitor the situation.

9 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Whatever the effects of past recruitment failures and Brexit, Covid related NHS absences of up to 40% in London for example would be problematic in any circumstances.

You’ve completely missed the point.

What I’m getting at is that NHS staff who have tested positive for covid, but are feeling well enough to attend work, should not be excluded from working. 

What I’m getting at is that NHS staff who have tested positive for covid, but are feeling well enough to attend work, should not be excluded from working. 
Staff with confirmed Covid should continue to attend to patients in our hospitals. Is that what you are saying here ???

5 minutes ago, Distant Doonhamer said:

15,849 new cases of COVID-19 reported*

63,238 new tests for COVID-19 that reported results*

28.9% of these were positive

3 new reported death(s) of people who have tested positive

36 people were in intensive care yesterday with recently confirmed COVID-19 (34 on Christma Eve)

679 people were in hospital yesterday with recently confirmed COVID-19 (536 on Christmas Eve)

4,380,108 people have received their first dose of a COVID-19 vaccination, 4,009,886 have received their second dose, and 2,901,719 have received a third dose or booster.

*There continues to be large volumes of tests being processed by labs; this and the festive period have impacted turnaround times for results. The figures being reported today will include a backlog from before Christmas. We are starting to see improvements in turnaround times, and continue to monitor the situation.

Mates of mine can't book a PCR in England atm. Loads of regions reporting none available.

3 minutes ago, Donathan said:

Eh no. 

Thats about a crazy a take I've ever seen on this thread.