Coronavirus (COVID-19)

5 minutes ago, Donathan said:

You’ve completely missed the point.

What I’m getting at is that NHS staff who have tested positive for covid, but are feeling well enough to attend work, should not be excluded from working. 

I presume you didn't mean to write that.

By the time elections come round I don't think it will make much of a difference.
The opposition parties to date have offered no alternatives

It probably won’t, but think it’s certainly given an insight as to how NS and the SNP might lead a fledgling Independent Scotland. The truly hopeless opposition she faces at Holyrood, is almost a mirror image of Johnson’s position at Westminster. At least there are a few dissenters (however unpalatable) within his own ranks to keep him in check on the public health agenda presently.
Most self respecting Scots will still look at Westminster and think, ‘do we seriously not have the confidence to try and make a better fist of things than this hapless mob’? They may doubt that the SNP are best placed to manage the transition on current showing however.

There's so many staff absences because of your moronic isolation rules. 

Aye, the reason the NHS is under pressure isn’t because of folk dying in their droves due to the sniffles - it’s because rakes of folk are close contacts. My mum (an NHS worker) offered to cover a shift after her original one got cancelled due to her colleague self isolating. Was told that there were no shifts because the soldiers are covering them [emoji38]. Thank goodness for our brave boys guiding us through the Great Sniffles War.

8 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:
9 minutes ago, Donathan said:
You’ve completely missed the point.

What I’m getting at is that NHS staff who have tested positive for covid, but are feeling well enough to attend work, should not be excluded from working. 

Staff with confirmed Covid should continue to attend to patients in our hospitals. Is that what you are saying here ???

5 minutes ago, PWL said:

Eh no. 

Thats about a crazy a take I've ever seen on this thread. 

3 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

I presume you didn't mean to write that.

I mean it will eventually come to this, where we no longer test people for something who are not actually ill. Don’t think we are there yet as Omicron isn’t the only strain, but once it is entirely dominant and Covid is reduced to common cold levels then self-isolation and testing should be wound down, and that will be what ends the pandemic.

6 minutes ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

This is setting up a back-track for the next briefing.

You'd like to think so. 

However, I expect it'll be spun that because of the time we bought with the protections we got as many people boosted and kept the evil Omicron at bay. 

12 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:

What is the point of this especially given they announced in advance that today would not be about any change to ongoing restrictions. Totally pointless (non) update.

They were gearing up for look at us aren't we wonderful we tried to do the right thing unlike Boris who caused the calamity down south, our hands are tied financially though, but these are the extra measures we can do to keep you safe. In the absence of the anticipated calamity due to omicron failing to live up to the dodgy computer modelling hype no additional restrictions was as much of a climbdown as we were going to get for now. If case numbers peak and start to rapidly decline Gauteng style before the three weeks are up, they'll do a complete U-turn at the end of it with an it was better to be safe than sorry. 

Edited by LongTimeLurker