Coronavirus (COVID-19)

2 hours ago, Detournement said:

What's actually happening in the one locked down city in China. 

Am I being whoosed here? Surely nobody can see what is happening and think it is acceptable on any level?

1 hour ago, Todd_is_God said:

As she's now said it twice, NS surely cannot genuinely believe that hospitality venues in England are "facing the same challenges" as venues in Scotland?

They aren't being forcibly closed or having their capacities capped - they are open and allowed to trade to their full capabilities (with income dictated by public footfall alone).

Answers like that are disingenuous and it's odd that none of the opposition politicians have picked up on that answer.

Scotland must be different from Wales somehow, despite essentially having the same 'rules' in place!

8 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

Interesting / depressing.

What is it going to take for people to just get on with it?

Like, what do they actually want / expect to happen? And when?

Contact tracing an endemic virus as contagious and mild as omicron. Absurd nonsense. Contact tracing stopped being useful at least 12 months ago.

1 hour ago, Zetterlund said:

Anecdotally, much more people I know have tested positive recently than at any other time since this all started, however nearly all of them are asymptomatic or have very mild symptoms. A few family members I've seen over Christmas, including my wife, have had a normal winter cold, testing negative multiple times but with symptoms worse than any of the covid-positive folk.

It's quite strange, despite the numbers and the ever-present fearmongering from the media, the mood among most people out & about is that covid is just about done. The biggest concern most have is the isolation rules rather than any fear of the virus itself.

I've found it's come in two waves. Until June/July, I only knew one or two people that had had it. Then, loads of people I knew got it. Focused very much on the under 35 age group, with most seeming to get it after attending a wedding. This largely calmed down and now loads of people I know have it, including myself. 

I fall into the asymptomatic bracket. My biggest gripe with it is that being stuck in the house is doing my head in. Obviously this doesn't happen to everyone, but it's encouraging that we aren't seeing hospitalisations like we did before. 

9 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

The replies to this are utterly predictable.

Pontificating from the arseholes in those replies is fucking astounding ‘wHy DoNt ThEy WaTcH iT oN tV’ type shite, aye hen cos small community clubs can just do all that with no notice. Its not about premier league clubs, its how clubs which are ingrained in their locale are impacted, how can they afford to keep doing work they do with no revenue/volunteers etc. Absolutely nailed on why i despise all these people who sneer just because they are agreeing with Nicola. f**k the SNP. 

1 hour ago, philpy said:

I've had a cold for the last 3 days, but I'm not bothering my fucking arse to do an LFT. f**k having to isolate if it comes back positive.  44 years on this planet Is enough to know what a cold is. Lot of shite.

Anyone who has any doubts about this thread just needs to read this post and see the green dots.

5 hours ago, Granny Danger said:

Aye, you’ve certainly lost any rationality you once had.  It’s a bit of a shame.

9 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

Anyone who has any doubts about this thread just needs to read this post and see the green dots.

KFDdEx.gif

38 minutes ago, Elixir said:

She is absolutely deranged hahahaha.

Another fine foot stamping exercise from this utter charlatan. Number of RTs she gets seems to be going down as well, what a shame. 

Interesting to see yet another Seville calculator 'long covid' number issued with again nothing to back it up. She genuinely thinks 10% of everyone that's had it has long covid - if that was the case we'd have GPs going mental about it, and they aren't. Maybe they're in on this conspiracy. 

She is absolutely deranged hahahaha.

Holy fucking hell she is mental. There can't be an unboiled young rabbit within a country mile of her. Jesus. 1.2 million with long Covid is wild. I know 40 to 50 folk that have had Covid and two of them have LC/post viral fatigue.

I realise that's not scientific in any way, but neither is Deepti's rambling nonsense tbf.

21 minutes ago, Lyle Lanley said:
You both can f**k off too. 

You can tell he's not the brightest from one of his other recent tweets if he can't immediately tell from how sudden and steep the down slopes are that it's simply an artefact of no official numbers being reported outside of England:

1 hour ago, Elixir said:

Am I being whoosed here? Surely nobody can see what is happening and think it is acceptable on any level?

The Chinese way of dealing with it is locking down a city and delivering food and tests to everyone. It will probably last 3 or 4 weeks. We were under restrictions for periods of 5 and 9 months.