Coronavirus (COVID-19)

4 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

@Bairnardo covered this perfectly earlier, but it seems completely beyond people to differentiate between the Wuhan variant in March 2020, and Omicron variant in January 2022. They really seem to struggle with even entertaining the idea that not forcing people to isolate when testing positive in 2022 probably would not cause the NHS to collapse in the way it probably would have done 21 months ago.

Yeah if only the people running the NHS would listen to some no marks on a football website.

2 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

Yeah if only the people running the NHS would listen to some no marks on a football website.

That the same people in the NHS who are saying no action is required, who are saying 7 days isolation is adequate and will study whether 5 is ok, and who are saying hospitilisation from Omicron is clearly significantly lower than Delta? 

Those people? Or are they the secret Tory hand stifling the true voice of the NHS?

Once again, a contribution of absolutely nothing from yourself. The consistency with which you can maintain a condescending tone whilst making no points whatsoever is quite something though. 

6 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Once again, a contribution of absolutely nothing from yourself. The consistency with which you can maintain a condescending tone whilst making no points whatsoever is quite something though. 

At least it doesn’t bother you.  That’s the main thing.

18 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

That the same people in the NHS who are saying no action is required, who are saying 7 days isolation is adequate and will study whether 5 is ok, and who are saying hospitilisation from Omicron is clearly significantly lower than Delta? 

Those people? Or are they the secret Tory hand stifling the true voice of the NHS?

He’s one lazy, lazy individual.

38 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

My 10 days isolation is up today. Did a LFT last night and still shows positive. My mate did one this morning (Day 9 of isolation) and his is negative.

A bit of a bad cough at times and breathlessness when it was at its worst day but overall I've had far worse colds than that and it's not a patch on Flu. If that's what this new variant is I'd genuinely rather have that 3 or 4 times a year in place of the cold. Was absolutely fine after about Day 3.

I’m on day 3.  My cough is now more a chesty splutter when I lie down, and I’m still pretty wiped out, but it’s hardly unbearable.  As you say, it’s a bad cold at worst.  Have to say day two was pretty horrible - breathlessness, nerve pains and tight chest - but if that’s the worst of it, then I have to say omicron isn’t something to be terribly fearful of.  The weird lethargy was odd more than anything.  

Cramming myself full of vitamin c and water like I would with a cold seems to be working.

20 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

7 minutes ago, Thorongil said:

Says the bitterest seethe-lord on the entire thread. 😀

Give him his due, it does seem as if he's came on a bit from when he was PM'ing me whining about people red dotting him.

I’m on day 3.  My cough is now more a chesty splutter when I lie down, and I’m still pretty wiped out, but it’s hardly unbearable.  As you say, it’s a bad cold at worst.  Have to say day two was pretty horrible - breathlessness, nerve pains and tight chest - but if that’s the worst of it, then I have to say omicron isn’t something to be terribly fearful of.  The weird lethargy was odd more than anything.  
Cramming myself full of vitamin c and water like I would with a cold seems to be working.

Day 2 (well that night, Xmas night of all nights) was when it was at its worst for me. Pretty much what you described. Day 3 I had the run off of that and after that it was tiredness more than anything.

My appetite never went away but what I did/have noticed actually is that certain condiments never tasted quite right. Vinegar in particular was extremely potent and my BBQ sauce tasted funky to say the least. The wee one is daft for tomato sauce and eats with everything but she never touched it all last week as she thought it tasted "off". Obviously similar to how I had reacted. It seems to be dying down thankfully: as I have 5 bottles of my favourite sauce in the cupboard!

43 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

Not sure how you can continue to try and maintain the moral high ground here.

You've basically just admitted you come onto this thread without a point to make and your objective is simply to annoy the folk on it. You're hardly picking anyone apart with facts or logic, rather you're just being an old troll who in the absence of any sort of critical thought, will just come on and go 'moon-howlers' at things he doesn't like.

It's a bit of a sad existence truth be told.

Carry on, but before you do, please can you answer me one question and try and be as honest as possible about it:

If the Tories were in charge up here and imposing these EXACT restrictions, exact measures and providing similarly shifting goalposts and timeframes for relaxations via an unelected mouthpiece with the SNP as opposition, would you be as happy as you currently are with the approach they are taking and praising them over the SNP?

18 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

Day 2 (well that night, Xmas night of all nights) was when it was at its worst for me. Pretty much what you described. Day 3 I had the run off of that and after that it was tiredness more than anything.

My appetite never went away but what I did/have noticed actually is that certain condiments never tasted quite right. Vinegar in particular was extremely potent and my BBQ sauce tasted funky to say the least. The wee one is daft for tomato sauce and eats with everything but she never touched it all last week as she thought it tasted "off". Obviously similar to how I had reacted. It seems to be dying down thankfully: as I have 5 bottles of my favourite sauce in the cupboard!

You should apply for a blue badge.

6 minutes ago, ulysses said:

Perfectly sums up the Scottish Government’s attitude to sports in general, this.

They're unable to clarify anything as they just shot their bolt to look like they care more than Boris Johnson.  

'Restrict fans first then we'll have a think about why we've done it and what's next.  As long as there's no one inside stadiums we can relax'.

29 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

It’s coffee for me.  Tastes metallic.  

Can’t believe it’s been going on for 2 years and we are still hearing discussion about another potential lockdown

Its like having a dark cloud over your head with this uncertainty, it’s impossible to return to normality 

I also feel bad for some of the younger folk, can you imagine turning 16/17 at the start of this back in 2020 and now you’re hitting 18/19 and you’ve probably never experienced a night out, either going to a pub, club or a gig 

Must be soul destroying 

In my utter fury at some of the incoherent nonsense from ScotGov of late I've arranged another zoom call with me MSP to ask some questions on restrictions, models, "following the science", data, Sridhar et al monetising the pandemic to name a few. If anyone's wanting me to ask a direct question geez a shout. 

According to NHS advice page you shouldn't do LF for 90 days after a positive pcr.

Does this no contradict the UK government saying you can end isolation if you have two negative LFTs on day 6-7?

Wouldn’t surprise me tbf.

8 minutes ago, Big Fifer said:

In my utter fury at some of the incoherent nonsense from ScotGov of late I've arranged another zoom call with me MSP to ask some questions on restrictions, models, "following the science", data, Sridhar et al monetising the pandemic to name a few. If anyone's wanting me to ask a direct question geez a shout. 

If it’s an SNP MSP, please ask him/her why there isn’t one dissenting voice from within their ranks. Ask him/her how that lack of people being able to think for themselves, can possibly be a good thing. Thanks.