Coronavirus (COVID-19)

1 hour ago, djchapsticks said:

You are the most consistently abusive person on this thread Bob. Your posts are littered with it.

I think he's unwell.

57 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Bob is just another one who can't bear to see any sort of criticism levelled at the SNP, but can't offer up any actual reasons as to why the criticism is wrong. Who can forget that fucking cringe "Full Bolsonaro" affair. Every bit as bad as Danger and his EVERYONES A TORY screeching, although I did see he has sidestepped out of here to casually accuse a sex trafficking victim of being a money grabber.....

Seems like par for the course for an SNP cultist considering their history with BEASTS.

38 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

I can imagine Sturgeon and others reading this thread on P&B and having a good laugh at the antics of the moon howlers.

Again: it's apparently 'moonhowling' to be critical of society crippling measures, ladies and gentlemen.

If the government buzz phrase of ‘we don’t want these restrictions in place a second longer than needed’ has any substance whatsoever, then any question about April should be answered ‘there will be no restrictions unless we are in a serious emergency situation’. 

If he’s going on the radio and essentially saying wait and see, then it’s an absolute disgrace. 

21 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

Excellent point. He's either malicious or incompetent. 

Neither of which makes him fit to retain the position he finds himself in.

He's not malicious. I don't think he's incompetent either.

He's just completely unable to separate conversations which are appropriate for a professional environment (where implications will not be scrutinised within an inch of their life by the population at large) and conversations which are appropriate for broadcasting to the public.

Whilst you could argue that that is a form of incompetence, the real fault lies with the SG who allow him to continue to address the public despite having a clear track record of calamitous sound bites over a near 2 year spell.

He's not a politician, and answers like this one show that perfectly. He should either wise up to his deficiencies and take a step back from being "one of the guys" or be kept in check by NS.

He's produced two bits of telling insight:

- He believes, despite the data about the severity of Omicron and the outstanding booster vaccination delivery, that we may still need restrictions in three months time. And,

- He believes just fifty admissions a day is too much for the NHS to handle.

If DR or AS are worth any salt at all they would be questioning NS about these answers from the National Clinical Director of Healthcare Quality and Strategy on Wednesday.

Edited by Todd_is_God

Some of the replies to Leitch's tweet there are enlightening.
We're now as the stage where interpreting him saying a large scale gathering in April "might be too early" as him suggesting restrictions will still be in place is seen as putting words into his mouth.
What other interpretation can there be?
Leitch answered a question that, quite frankly, he was in no position to answer because he has zero say in that decision.

It's not the first time (and won't be the last) where he gave an opinion when he really shouldn't have.

40 minutes ago, Left Back said:

I notice one member of the cult has replied on twitter to that article with the incomplete Financial Times graph from last week 😂

11 minutes ago, KingswellsRed said:

I notice one member of the cult has replied on twitter to that article with the incomplete Financial Times graph from last week 😂

It shows how incapable of independent thought these people are, when they can't look at that graph and process that it can't be right.

6 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

Can't come out of quarantine "early" no matter how many negative tests you produce, but can come out of quarantine after 10 days when testing positive is incredible logic.

When my daughter was positive in the bumph they sent, they said she shouldn't use LFT within the next 90 days because they will continue to give false positives. 

Can't come out of quarantine "early" no matter how many negative tests you produce, but can come out of quarantine after 10 days when testing positive is incredible logic.
Think we all know now an LFT may continue to return a positive long after your infection so in this instance what he is saying is perfectly correct and has been the consistent advice virtually throughout.

This could quite easily be relieved by: a) stopping blanket testing so people who aren't sick can go into work, and b) not eating up resourcess giving out boosters to non-vulnerable under-50s, most of whom will have had two jags and are at next to zero risk anyway.

I thought it was the PCRs rather than the LFTs that were inclined to show positives after you had recovered? 

My 10 days isolation is up today. Did a LFT last night and still shows positive. My mate did one this morning (Day 9 of isolation) and his is negative.

A bit of a bad cough at times and breathlessness when it was at its worst day but overall I've had far worse colds than that and it's not a patch on Flu. If that's what this new variant is I'd genuinely rather have that 3 or 4 times a year in place of the cold. Was absolutely fine after about Day 3.

10 minutes ago, Elixir said:

This could quite easily be relieved by: a) stopping blanket testing so people who aren't sick can go into work, and b) not eating up resourcess giving out boosters to non-vulnerable under-50s, most of whom will have had two jags and are at next to zero risk anyway.

@Bairnardo covered this perfectly earlier, but it seems completely beyond people to differentiate between the Wuhan variant in March 2020, and Omicron variant in January 2022. They really seem to struggle with even entertaining the idea that not forcing people to isolate when testing positive in 2022 probably would not cause the NHS to collapse in the way it probably would have done 21 months ago.

1 minute ago, 19QOS19 said:

My 10 days isolation is up today. Did a LFT last night and still shows positive. My mate did one this morning (Day 9 of isolation) and his is negative.

A bit of a bad cough at times and breathlessness when it was at its worst day but overall I've had far worse colds than that and it's not a patch on Flu. If that's what this new variant is I'd genuinely rather have that 3 or 4 times a year in place of the cold. Was absolutely fine after about Day 3.

According to NHS advice page you shouldn't do LF for 90 days after a positive pcr.