Coronavirus (COVID-19)

3 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

The only people who are at fault if they die from Covid are those who have taken the conscious decision not to be vaccinated.

Absolute garbage.

There are multiple steps people can take to reduce their risk from dying of covid.

Number 1 is to get vaccinated.

Number 2 is to take steps to reduce your chance of actually catching the virus (e.g. practicing social distancing)

Number 3 is eating healthy/exercising/sleeping properly in order to boost your immune system.

Blaming an unvaccinated person is no different to blaming an obese person. 

2 minutes ago, Elixir said:

Vaccinated people still die from covid, which should be expected when the overwhelming majority of the population have been vaccinated. We can't eliminate deaths from natural causes.

So vaccines are ineffective?

2 minutes ago, Donathan said:

Blaming an unvaccinated person is no different to blaming an obese person. 

I can only assume there’s large parts of this thread you’ve previously ignored!

ETA the overwhelming majority in ICU at present are unvaccinated despite making up a small minority of the population.

Edited by Granny Danger

8 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

I’d certainly be in favour of lifting the restrictions on football matches if I knew the folk around me were far less likely to have Covid or pass it on.

5 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

So vaccines are ineffective?

Err, well over 90% of the eligible population have been vaccinated anyway. The vaccines clearly have short-term (~12 weeks) sterilising immunity for preventing most transmission, but immunity against severe disease is stellar and will last substantially longer (probably years), and everyone will continue to get reinfected anyway. Having cold-like symptoms is not a concern to any rational person or society and does not require biosecurity checkpoints.

5 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

ETA the overwhelming majority in ICU at present are unvaccinated despite making up a small minority of the population.

I think we'll need to see the data on this given vaccine coverage in 'at risk' groups is practically universal.

1 minute ago, Elixir said:

I think we'll need to see the data on this given vaccine coverage in 'at risk' groups is practically universal.

Pretty sure you could do that with a Google search.  Though I know you don’t like to spend too much time online.

Hold on now, if the "overwhemingly majority" of the 3 dozen folk in Scotlands ICUs are unvaccinated, we at least ought to consider people not being allowed to attend football matches as a reasonable response to that....

I don't think there are enough people in ICU because of Covid to draw definitive conclusions either way tbh.

Unless you consider the view that this is because we have such high vaccine coverage a conclusion.

20 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

Thoughts and prayers.  Although, the possibility remains that you didn’t make it and this is what the other side is like.

I've did some bad stuff in my life but surely I don't deserve this?

It's funny how there is always mewling about 'needing to control transmission to limit the likelihood of new vArIaNtZ arising' when it is going to be a 'variant' popping up in a place where cases were rock bottom that is going to bring an end to the pandemic. The WHO will no doubt justify declaring it over due to vaccination, when the reality is it will be because of a mixture of that and mass infection with the virus now far less virulent.

Edited by Elixir

It's funny how there is always mewling about 'needing to control transmission to limit the likelihood of new vArIaNtZ arising' when it is going to be a 'variant' popping up in a place where cases were rock bottom that is going to bring an end to the pandemic. The WHO will no doubt justify declaring it over due to vaccination, when the reality is it will because of a mixture of that and mass infection with the virus now far less virulent.

NS definitely ignoring Denmark now.

34 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

As a matter of interest, would the posters on here who want to bin most/all of the restrictions be in favour of strict enforcement of the vaccine passport in a number of venues/settings?

See in all honesty, do these passports actually work? Also given the severity of Omicron is there any actual need?

But, heres the thing, after two years of this shite there’s absolutely no way the SG will climb down and deflect from their ‘care more’ approach or indeed admit they called this wrong. So… and this wont be popular amongst others who I agree with on most other things, would I just accept it on a pragmatic level to just get these restrictions to f**k then yes, absolutely. For a time. I get idealistically people wont agree with this, but they aren’t going to just drop everything immediately, they are incapable of this, so yes, just accept its vaccine passports for events, gigs, nightclubs and football till say March and get the b*****ds held to account in the hearings. Play the game with it and just get the restrictions in the bin. 

4 minutes ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

See in all honesty, do these passports actually work? Also given the severity of Omicron is there any actual need?

But, heres the thing, after two years of this shite there’s absolutely no way the SG will climb down and deflect from their ‘care more’ approach or indeed admit they called this wrong. So… and this wont be popular amongst others who I agree with on most other things, would I just accept it on a pragmatic level to just get these restrictions to f**k then yes, absolutely. For a time. I get idealistically people wont agree with this, but they aren’t going to just drop everything immediately, they are incapable of this, so yes, just accept its vaccine passports for events, gigs, nightclubs and football till say March and get the b*****ds held to account in the hearings. Play the game with it and just get the restrictions in the bin. 

No.

Hence why NS shat it and closed the only places the vaccine passports were being used "to keep them safe" at the first opportunity.

If they believed they worked, they'd be in extended use right now rather than no use at all (think about that - during the time of "record cases" you do not need a vaccine passport to enter anywhere, including indoor hospitality).

They've burned their credibility by doing so, but watch them keep using them.

Edited by Todd_is_God

5 minutes ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

do these passports actually work

Yes, it drove vaccination into unvaccinated groups who would have been largely okay with natural infection. That's what they were for.

20 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

Pretty sure you could do that with a Google search.  Though I know you don’t like to spend too much time online.

I do spend too much time on this thread because of this utter shit show. The sooner the clowns in government here get over themselves, the sooner we can all move on.

10 minutes ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

I fully expect this to be the course of action south of the border. Masks and vaccine passports in the bin for good by Easter at the latest.

As for Careland...

Edited by Elixir