Coronavirus (COVID-19)

7 hours ago, Elixir said:

Next up, there's yer Switzerland chucking all covid nonsense, including masks and vaccine passports, on the bonfire later this month. bQshDtu.png

Home of the WEF as well. Did they consult Schwab at Davos, @Detournement?

You now have a Digital ID and have taken three vaccines which were absolutely pointless for your personally but you are convinced that Digital ID and vaccine mandates aren't real.

20 minutes ago, Detournement said:

You now have a Digital ID and have taken three vaccines which were absolutely pointless for your personally but you are convinced that Digital ID and vaccine mandates aren't real.

Hahahahahahahaha

Just take the L, m8.

1 hour ago, Lyle Lanley said:

Went out for a meal at dinner time  at an all you can eat restaurant and you had to wear your mask whenever you moved from your seat to the buffet. 

Yeah, your seat is a Covid free zone but the rest of the restaurant is riddled with it 

7 hours ago, FK1Bairn said:

Yeah, your seat is a Covid free zone but the rest of the restaurant is riddled with it 

Same in the pub, you can only be infected in the toilet or up at the bar.

That's my bairn got a sore throat and a cough so we 'have to' keep her off school even though we tested her last night and she was negative.

In normal times there is no way she'd be off but with almost half of her class off this week I guess we would look like reckless parents if we sent her in. The school even say that we should take her to Garthdee for a PCR test.

Cults is near top of the charts for covid at the moment. 

Inverkeithing East is 9th as well. I was down there 2 weeks ago at a funeral. Am I a superspreader?

image.thumb.png.49ded55bcf27639cba4f8b19b5281108.png

3 hours ago, Suspect Device said:

That's my bairn got a sore throat and a cough so we 'have to' keep her off school even though we tested her last night and she was negative.

In normal times there is no way she'd be off but with almost half of her class off this week I guess we would look like reckless parents if we sent her in. The school even say that we should take her to Garthdee for a PCR test.

Cults is near top of the charts for covid at the moment. 

Inverkeithing East is 9th as well. I was down there 2 weeks ago at a funeral. Am I a superspreader?

image.thumb.png.49ded55bcf27639cba4f8b19b5281108.png

I’m off with Covid just now. Started with a sore throat and just feeling a bit off on Saturday. Took an LFT and it was negative. Did another LFT and PCR on Monday and they were positive. For some reason I was getting heartburn too. Now it’s a bit of a barking cough and a snotty nose. Not exactly life threatening but the self isolating makes things difficult.

Anyway, fairly sure I’ll survive and glad I’ve finally got it out the road.

Many folk - including on this thread - asked last year how Australia and New Zealand would ever get out of the pandemic. Many others were pointing to their "normal" life whilst we were in lockdown. 

This has come to pass. NZ still utterly obsessed with "cases". 5 folk catch Omicron and they shut down half the country for weeks on end. 

the trouble is, they need to shift their perception of the virus and tell people to learn to live with it. That goes against their message for the last 2 years. But the alternative is never ending lockdowns and no travel.

2 minutes ago, scottsdad said:

the trouble is, they need to shift their perception of the virus and tell people to learn to live with it.

I expect they will once they've rolled out their booster jags, they're still playing catch up. Apart from vaccines they've got near zero natural immunity outside Auckland.

3 minutes ago, scottsdad said:

This has come to pass. NZ still utterly obsessed with "cases". 5 folk catch Omicron and they shut down half the country for weeks on end. 

All that is fine and well, but @welshbairn's relatives aren't in that half of New Zealand so it doesn't actually count. 

9 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

I expect they will once they've rolled out their booster jags, they're still playing catch up. Apart from vaccines they've got near zero natural immunity outside Auckland.

They are going to get absolutely rode with "cases" when they open up no matter how many boosters they chuck out - the vaccines are proving a bit useless at preventing infection.

The challenge for NZ isn't boosters, it's getting people off the case obsession fear train.

7 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

They are going to get absolutely rode with "cases" when they open up no matter how many boosters they chuck out - the vaccines are proving a bit useless at preventing infection.

The challenge for NZ isn't boosters, it's getting people off the case obsession fear train.

They're proving very effective at reducing hospitalisation though, especially after a booster. I agree that case rates aren't the issue anymore.

3 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

They're proving very effective at reducing hospitalisation though, especially after a booster. I agree that case rates aren't the issue anymore.

I didn't say they weren't.

You've ignored the entire point I was making.

Edited by Todd_is_God

19 minutes ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

I think we need to stop all the testing.

I'm constantly reading on here of people feeling a bit flu- like and rushing to take tests.

Why? What’s the point?

If you’re not seriously ill, just ride it out.

Dunno. That’s the current guidance and it lets you know for sure whether it’s a cold or the dreaded (and great for 10 days off) coronavirus.

New Zealand timetable for opening up.

From 11.59pm on 27 February, fully vaccinated New Zealanders in Australia will be permitted entry. Rather than staying at one of the country’s expensive quarantine facilities, known as MIQ, they must self-isolate at home for 10 days. They will also be required to take multiple Covid tests during this period.
From 11.59pm on 13 March - a fortnight later - New Zealanders from other parts of the world and their families will be allowed to return under the same conditions. Some skilled and critical workers will also be permitted to return, and the working holiday scheme will resume. Ardern said this two-week gap would enable public health services to adjust in anticipation of a rise in Covid cases and will allow the border system to “keep scaling up in the safest way possible”.
From 12 April, non-citizens with visas and up to 5,000 international students will be allowed to enter.
By July, tourists from the UK, US, Australia and other visa-free countries will be allowed back in. An exact date has yet to be confirmed, but Ardern said there was a “high-likelihood” that the July date could be brought forward. She stated: “This stage is likely to begin when we have much larger case numbers than we have now. For planning, we anticipate this stage will begin no later than July. I want to place strong emphasis on this being the latest we expect this to begin.”
Finally, in October 2022, tourists from the rest of the world will once more be permitted entry to New Zealand under the current schedule.

https://www.independent.co.uk/travel/news-and-advice/new-zealand-travel-rules-covid-update-b2006748.html