Coronavirus (COVID-19)

I don't think it's either/or with the vaccine or Ivermectin. People with risk factors who develop symptoms should have access to early treatments. People in Asia, Latin America and Africa have access to early treatments, governments in the American Empire have ensured that people here don't. 
It shouldn't be political but it clearly is. 
It's also worth remembering that rich people in the west do get early treatment with new drugs that aren't available to the rest of us. 
Correct, name an early treatment that has been proven to work.

20 minutes ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

Assume this’ll be ditched when the government remove free LFTs. Can’t see companies paying for tests and they can’t legally ask you to pay your own money to test for coming in, unless they make everyone entirely able to work from home.

Have to agree with you.

In the meantime it's a free way (both cost and effort) for companies to prevent themselves getting sued under H&S by being able to demonstrate they took all reasonable precautions to prevent anyone contracting covid at work would be my cynical view.

Piece on Ivermectin studies, fraud appears to be rife. On the other hand the anti woke culture warriors are convinced it's a life saver, so who are we to believe?

https://www.chemistryworld.com/news/ivermectin-debacle-exposes-flaws-in-meta-analysis-methodology/4014477.article

3 hours ago, scottsdad said:

On Fox, this guy has been desperate to catch Covid for ages, just to prove that he can brush it off with his immune system and no vaccine. It helps him spread his propaganda and misinformation. 

He's boasting about his immune system because, unlike most who have become seriously ill or died, he is not old or has serious underlying health issues. He's boasting about taking ivermectin on the off chance he is in fact a horse with worms. He's like a kid on Christmas morning now he has Covid. 

The guy is a total grifter 

19 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Piece on Ivermectin studies, fraud appears to be rife. On the other hand the anti woke culture warriors are convinced it's a life saver, so who are we to believe?

https://www.chemistryworld.com/news/ivermectin-debacle-exposes-flaws-in-meta-analysis-methodology/4014477.article

This is an issue for me with many in this group. They are very sceptical about vaccines that have gone through the biggest and most rigorous clinical trials, with published data and key information on side effects, but will believe social media stuff about ivermectin and point to this or that small scale study as absolute proof that it works.

4 hours ago, oaksoft said:

Honestly, I think we might be coming towards the end of the thread.

Covid appears to be dying away, restrictions are slowly being removed, albeit too slowly, and there's so little to talk about that laughing at an anti-vaxxer catching covid constitutes entertainment these days.

Salmond.jpg

I think despite the effectiveness of vaccines which I do not doubt, the case for continual mass vaccination of the entore population seems to be losing momentum and with it, any need to demand it of people or prove you have had it.

At least, I hope so... It has that feel atm.

44 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Believe the real world results in Utter Pradesh. Why do you think global south doctors are using this product if it does nothing? 

I remember before the EU referendum that academics were lining up to say they had conclusive proof that EU immigration didn't impact wages. Utter shite. You can't separate a academic data analysis from whoever is funding it.

9 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

Talking of which, I probably imagined this but I could have sworn she promised to publish a long term map of what living with covid will look like in her view.

If I didn't dream it, that report must be due out soon.

She’s said every week for a few weeks that it’ll be published ‘in the next few weeks’. 

hopefully that’s cleared things up. 

1 hour ago, Billy Jean King said:

No negative LFT no access to the office for those on a hybrid model we have been told this morning. Compulsory test in the 24hrs before you are scheduled to be in.

Enforced by whom and what are they going to do about it? 

9 minutes ago, Detournement said:

Believe the real world results in Utter Pradesh. Why do you think global south doctors are using this product if it does nothing? 

Same reason global north doctors dole out antibiotics to people with colds, to make patients think they're being helped. Sure enough most of them start feeling better a few days later.

30 minutes ago, Left Back said:

Here's the beginning of the u-turn on mandatory jags for the NHS in England.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-60193410

I think they enforced it for care home staff as well so would expect that to follow if so.

A year or so from now, will any of Detournement's conspiracy fantasies be left standing? I've even had to give welshbairn's retorts to him a couple of greenies, such is the absurdity of it all.

12 minutes ago, Elixir said:

A year or so from now, will any of Detournement's conspiracy fantasies be left standing? I've even had to give welshbairn's retorts to him a couple of greenies, such is the absurdity of it all.

No doubt he'll still be highlighting things happening elsewhere in a baffling attempt to show those who said they would never happen here were wrong.

15 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

No doubt he'll still be highlighting things happening elsewhere in a baffling attempt to show those who said they would never happen here were wrong.

Mind he was telling us in the summer that we'd only know if the vaccines worked in winter, despite the fact we already had substantial evidence they were working already and also would in winter. Well...

But nah, clearly what the Yanks really needed was more livestock dewormer. If only the WEF hadn't suppressed the evidence, or something.