Coronavirus (COVID-19)

4 minutes ago, The Master said:

I just don't understand what they think the endgame should be, other than permanent restrictions. 

In which case, it's not unreasonable to ask why the whole world should be restricted when we never have been before, despite the 100s if not 1,000s of other viruses that parts of the population are vulnerable to. 

We were told vaccines were the way out of this. If that requires a yearly booster like the flu, fine. But good luck convincing anyone to get it if they still can't live a normal life. 

This is the question I keep asking myself.  What is it they actually want?

23 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

Deepti has completely lost it on Twitter.

Calling the removal of all restrictions in England "murder" is just plainly ridiculous.

Im choking to reply along the lines of ‘your insistence in never ending unnecessary restrictions is social murder as people take their own lives through missing social interaction/lack of access to psychiatric treatment or miss vital medical treatment as a mild endemic illness is treated as far more serious than it needs to be’. Buuut i think i might get piled on. 

9 minutes ago, Left Back said:

This is the question I keep asking myself.  What is it they actually want?

Their weekly spot in the media and not having to leave the house to trek into their mediocre university.

I heard her on the radio with John Beattie earlier and she genuinely doesn't sound well. She was getting angry at Beattie's reading of stats about non-covid excess deaths, interrupting him to say it's all misinformation. It's also misinformation to link higher suicide rates over the last 2 years to covid restrictions apparently. 

I don't know if enough people take her seriously to have any impact, but It's beyond me why she has been a frequent guest on the topic given that there can't possibly be anything positive coming from her input.

1 hour ago, oaksoft said:

Deepti has completely lost it on Twitter.

Calling the removal of all restrictions in England "murder" is just plainly ridiculous.

She can 'feel free' to weld herself into the house and f**k off. 

1525828938_wpXTrvfKTCB4(1).gif.d696e6f9e833f01134b5de13e35c5b0f.gif

57 minutes ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

Does anyone know a clinically vulnerable person who feels like they can't now go outside because of restrictions being stopped? Or are they all just on twitter telling the world how selfish everyone else is? Aside from the initial shielding period nobody I know seems bothered by it anymore, and even the most pro-government on here still seem to be going about and doing things.

I've seen patients in the extremely vulnerable category since this all kicked off. Pre-vaccines the numbers who said it was the first time they'd ventured out the house in however many months just because they needed to be seen to wasn't massive but still enough to find disheartening. Since maybe spring 2021 though I can count on one hand the number who're not back out enjoying things to at least a new degree. Some still talk about covid like they're scared of it but people's views have naturally progressed as the world does. 

There are always going to be maniacs on twitter that demand restrictions forever but there are always going to be maniacs on twitter with insane views on just about anything if you look hard enough. I used to look up Deepti's twitter account almost on a daily basis and nearly foam at the mouth at the views I ended up seeing and it would affect my mood. She started appearing on my timeline just because I'd regularly go on her page and the best thing I ever did was mute her. I'd advise anyone still getting pissed off about covid who looks her up to do the same thing. There is literally no benefit to it whatsoever and just take comfort in the fact her mental views are becoming more insignificant as the days pass.

17 minutes ago, Louis Litt said:

I've seen patients in the extremely vulnerable category since this all kicked off. Pre-vaccines the numbers who said it was the first time they'd ventured out the house in however many months just because they needed to be seen to wasn't massive but still enough to find disheartening. Since maybe spring 2021 though I can count on one hand the number who're not back out enjoying things to at least a new degree. Some still talk about covid like they're scared of it but people's views have naturally progressed as the world does. 

There are always going to be maniacs on twitter that demand restrictions forever but there are always going to be maniacs on twitter with insane views on just about anything if you look hard enough. I used to look up Deepti's twitter account almost on a daily basis and nearly foam at the mouth at the views I ended up seeing and it would affect my mood. She started appearing on my timeline just because I'd regularly go on her page and the best thing I ever did was mute her. I'd advise anyone still getting pissed off about covid who looks her up to do the same thing. There is literally no benefit to it whatsoever and just take comfort in the fact her mental views are becoming more insignificant as the days pass.

This. The only reason to keep posting her tweets on here is to keep the rage burning. I don't think a single poster on here has agreed with a word she's said.

1 hour ago, oaksoft said:

Her end game is what she calls "health equality". It's not fair. That's the argument.

100%

one upside to all the insanity is more people see what "equality" means in practice - lunatics wi endless top down control to "fix things"

3 minutes ago, Snafu said:

The continuation of vaccine passports until September?

This is something you can't just remove.

refuse to use them

said before, I havent worn a mask in 18 months, havent showed my papers ever. stop complying, dont go places that ask for them, anyone asks tell them where to go

Edited by Glennie

1 hour ago, Louis Litt said:

People are always searching for things to be angry about, if it wasn't this it would be something else.

1 minute ago, Snafu said:

I don't use a vaccine passport on the general f**king principle.

Means not going to football or anywhere social.

Apart from work and the COVID thread I'm pretty much cut off.

was more a general 'you' (abody) not a 'you' you

good man, important to be able to look yourself in the mirror mate

2 hours ago, oaksoft said:

Her end game is what she calls "health equality". Why should you and I have full freedom if she can't (she's clinically vulnerable apparently)? It's not fair. That's the argument.

She wants restrictions to be strengthened and kept permanently.

Once covid is dealt with she wants to move onto flu.

In her world, people are simply not allowed to die of disease and every death to a disease like flu or covid is what she calls "avoidable".

The question then is why she is like that?

It's anger, rage, frustration at the unfairness of it all on her part. How dare some people be able to have full freedom in their lives when at the same time she has been struck down with something which could leave her vulnerable to an early death.

All of that is understandable. I absolutely get that. But that doesn't mean she is right.

It's right to have a security net for the most vulnerable people in society. Absolutely, that's a fabulous thing.

But locking everyone else up because you're too afraid to leave your house simply isn't on.

Denying a generation of children a normal life to protect a few 80 year old Grannies is not on either. To paint that as a moral thing as well is downright fucking outrageous but such is the unbelievable selfishness and entitlement of people like Deepti that here we are.

image.gif.4c7334fa7a9d5429b72840d433268139.gif