Coronavirus (COVID-19)

The irony from the phoney survey suggesting that the unvaxxed support authoritarian is that the biggest lockdown zealots and restriction lovers would have been first in the queue to get their ineffective covid vaccine. [emoji23]
And in Cpt Senseless lands other news.......Russia will never invade Ukraine.....1066cf3def610125c80c0fe7754cf6b6.jpg

Pretty poor headline there. The article makes it clear that it’s individual schools who may need to close for a few days because they don’t have enough staff - indeed, I know of two schools where it’s already happened in Edinburgh.

There, surprisingly, isn’t some bank of unlimited simply teachers just waiting for this. If you get 1-in-14 infected, and you expect isolation, this will keep happening.
We had some lower school classes in the school hall today.

A combination of staff Covid absences, classes going to cover because of practical exam assessments, and a shortage of supply cover.

Scotgovs "living with covid" is going to include mandatory masks for some, forevermore. They will target workplaces knowing that employers will be forced to implement their shitey "guidance" as workplace rules so that they can care more.

Pathetic.

No fewer than three purple pellets on a single Scotrail service today trying to stem the tide of non mask wearing. Followed by Scotrail cancelling a subsequent service blaming a 'lack of staff' and the shan variant. 

Covid is just a pathetic excuse for utterly incompetent customer service now and so the restrictions need to be binned. 

17 minutes ago, virginton said:

No fewer than three purple pellets on a single Scotrail service today trying to stem the tide of non mask wearing. Followed by Scotrail cancelling a subsequent service blaming a 'lack of staff' and the shan variant. 

Covid is just a pathetic excuse for utterly incompetent customer service now and so the restrictions need to be binned. 

Aye. The mandatory / peer pressure isolation for what has long since become a bog standard respiratory virus needs to be punted ASAP.

I crossed paths with someone absolutely loaded with that bad cold going about recently who was at great pains to tell me it was ok that they were out firing their germs all over the place because "ma LFT wuz negative" which made me laugh, because you can guarantee that the same person would have been off work for 5+ days if they instead had a positive test yet no symptoms at all.

Broken logic, and a direct result of 2+ years of government-led covid hyseria.

8 hours ago, Pie Of The Month said:

This doesn’t affect me but it still boils my piss. They must be, by now, fully aware that this policy will make absolutely zero difference to transmission. None whatsoever. 

So again, the general public pay the price essentially just to portray the image that the SG want of themselves. 

12 hours ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

We had some lower school classes in the school hall today.

A combination of staff Covid absences, classes going to cover because of practical exam assessments, and a shortage of supply cover.

What a horrible situation. It's bad enough having to collapse classes. You have my pity.

14 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

Scotgovs "living with covid" is going to include mandatory masks for some, forevermore. They will target workplaces knowing that employers will be forced to implement their shitey "guidance" as workplace rules so that they can care more.

Pathetic.

Aye - got an email from work the other day (a council) that mask wearing will continue when mask wearing requirement is removed. Not remotely surprising - I might just get an exemption if it continues into the summer tbh. 

53 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

Aye - got an email from work the other day (a council) that mask wearing will continue when mask wearing requirement is removed. Not remotely surprising - I might just get an exemption if it continues into the summer tbh. 

What is the reaction from staff? It seems many will soon be in a position where masks will be mandatory at work/school but not anywhere else.

11 minutes ago, KingswellsRed said:

What is the reaction from staff? It seems many will soon be in a position where masks will be mandatory at work/school but not anywhere else.

I’m not sure you really get a true reaction in work as everyone tends to try and be diplomatic. At my last team meeting, people were moaning about not feeling safe in the office as people were having the audacity to sit together having lunch - so that probably gives you a small insight! 

As much as I can wear a mask fine, in terms of my asthma, the office is humid in summer so not doing another summer of being breathless as f**k walking about!

1 minute ago, ICTChris said:

I'm sure I posted this before but there's lots of places where things are never going to return to normality, at least in terms of rules.

New normal m8. You were warned.

Seems to be rife again over here. In the last month most of the folk in my office have tested positive, as has almost everyone I know here. I had an absolute c**t of a cold, tested negative every day, but worked from home the entire time because I'm not a fucking idiot.

5 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

I'm sure I posted this before but there's lots of places where things are never going to return to normality, at least in terms of rules.

I can't imagine universities dropping masks in communal areas any time soon (or ever...)

16 hours ago, Todd_is_God said:

image.png.91964469242f50c641c39916fdfbe551.png

These people are definitely mentally ill. We are a truly broken country because of the Scottish Government's handling of the past two years.

16 hours ago, Pie Of The Month said:

Wait, the weans still have to carry on the mask pantomime even as we approach the end of April? What is going on?

More mental illness. Sturgeon couldn't possibly be a barefaced liar who only ever cared about the sanctiminy optics. No sir!

And the minters keep on coming for our now tinpot nation!