Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Just now, Moomintroll said:

Just spoke to our Director of Trading for Alcohol, if it's happening we know heehaw about it.

I’ve just told the missus that she’s got to call me that in future.

1 minute ago, virginton said:

How did the great hero Churchill get at the general election held literally a few months after the war was won champ?

This is the relatively easy honeymoon period for politicians all over the world as their populations want to believe that their leaders are doing the right thing. That sentiment doesn't last for ever though. And even right now in the usually deferential UK around a third of people still don't trust what the Johnson administration is saying.

I hope you're right! Then again, the war mongerer was re-elected in 51.

The next train will be stopping at point scoring parkway, followed by smartarse town, final destination will be condescending c**t Central. Honestly, give it a fucking rest with the unnecessary bickering FFS.

The CMO gave figs for numbers in ICU due to Covid and beds available during the Scottish govt daily update (not that I was listening intently enough to take it in). The fact the SECC is being converted to a field hospital suggests it might be needed.

I do know there was at least one 40 something in QE with heart and kidneys failing due to it. 
Up here I don't think our ICU is even remotely near capacity, we'll see how it goes going forward. 

34 minutes ago, Dele said:

Mates a manager at Morrisons. 

22 minutes ago, Jacksgranda said:

who spreads specious stories.

regarding random rumours 

about alcohol allocation

11 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

And likes alliteration.

Looks like the MD of Waitrose reads P&B.

Coronavirus: Waitrose banning couples and family members from shopping together at supermarket

https://www.newarkadvertiser.co.uk/news/supermarket-bans-couples-shopping-together-9104727/

ETA hopefully others will follow suit with suitable exceptions.

Edited by Granny Danger

1 minute ago, philpy said:

The next train will be stopping at point scoring parkway, followed by smartarse town, final destination will be condescending c**t Central. Honestly, give it a fucking rest with the unnecessary bickering FFS.

How many thousands of posters have died of coronavirus to somehow make you a voice of authority on this or any other thread?

Go back to pretending that you have autism to try and win friends champ.

33 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

This is one of the most terminally stupid posts I've ever read on here. I have no real issue with two folk sitting in the car together to go to their nearest shop as long as only one is going in for the shopping. It's not what I'd do, but I can understand the logic. I don't have an issue with two people going out a walk together - in fact we have done this a couple of times - it's probably good for you in terms of keeping things as "normal" as possible, although my wife has been getting annoyed about just how much of a wide berth I have given people.

However, choosing, in spite of all the evidence, to actually go in to the shops together is the height of selfishness. You are immediately making it harder for everyone else in that shop to keep their distance, and if you're the type of people that do that you're probably also the type who walk two abreast down the aisles or stand about with your trolley blocking the aisle having a discussion without even thinking about other customers.  Everyone there will think you are a pair of complete arseholes. When you're standing pondering your fucking cupcakes and blocking up the aisle, you are giving a fellow customer a moral quandary about whether to stand and wait for you or squeeze past and risk catching the disease off two people who are much more likely than average to have it because they're acting like fucking selfish imbeciles all the time.

Even a couple of weeks ago before these new regulations properly ramped up, when my wife and I went out an (essential) walk to drop food off for a vulnerable person and popped into the supermarkets on the way, one of us stood out in the car park and the other one went in. Somehow we managed to still get enough food to last us a week without facing any of those existential dilemmas you have posed about fucking red wine.

I might have let it slide if you hadn't then twice lowered the tone of the debate even further by comparing people who disagreed with you to Nazis. That singles you out as not just a wee bit selfish, but instead as a horrible fucking arsehole (or as you'd probably type it a "horrible fcuknig aresohle").

If I hadn't used my daily allocation of reputation points downvoting Pandarilla and clowns in the Junior forum then I would be green dotting the hell out of this!

2 minutes ago, philpy said:

Haven't you been posting about your neighbours all week?

The first sentence of that post rules it out for me.

There are far more stupid posts made on this thread than pozbaird. Whether you agree with him or not his 'crime' is being overblown.

The problem is that he's the one who attacked people here who think that where possible shopping should be an activity carried out by one person at a time - the Nazi word being thrown in for good measure.

1 minute ago, Billy Jean King said:

The fact the SECC is being converted to a field hospital suggests it might be needed.

Much like the University planning for no students on campus untill 2021, I'd suggest it's more likely ensuring it's there if needed, rather than a sign of impending disaster.

With figures like we have atm, and restrictions already in place, I wouldn't read too much in to it currently

Just now, Todd_is_God said:

Much like the University planning for no students on campus untill 2021, I'd suggest it's more likely ensuring it's there if needed, rather than a sign of impending disaster.

With figures like we have atm, and restrictions already in place, I wouldn't read too much in to it currently

Yeah ‘worst scenario’ preparations need to take place but hopefully will not be required.

5 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

3 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

Correct, we've finally got them being proactive rather than reactive, time to roll with it. 

Edited by ayrmad

I quite like this thread, it has offered a combination of fact, opinion and banter - plus some specular predictions!
I hope it’s not going to go the way of BRALT because a handful of posters want to continually pop back and forward at each other.
I think that ship is just about sailing. Much popcorn required for the imminent meltdowns, imo.
Good old P&B - Supplier of a seemingly endless supply of loons to entertain us as the real world turns to shit. God bless us and keep us.

Getting a bit strict in Cyprus.

On Monday, health minister Constantinos Ioannou announced the imposition of a nighttime curfew, from 9pm to 6am, with a fine of €300 for those found disobeying the ban on movement.

Residents are only allowed to leave their homes once a day and only after receiving permission after sending a text message to an official number.

Just now, WhiteRoseKillie said:

I think that ship is just about sailing. Much popcorn required for the imminent meltdowns, imo.
Good old P&B - Supplier of a seemingly endless supply of loons to entertain us as the real world turns to shit. God bless us and keep us.

Popcorn?  Never thought of that.  It will be the next panic buying target.

1 minute ago, NJ2 said:

There’s people that are dependent on alcohol to function. I think your neebur has been fed some shite and swallowed it up.

Or ‘own brand’ as it’s commonly called.