Coronavirus (COVID-19)

1 hour ago, AL-FFC said:

I don't for one second believe that the likes of China and Iran have had only in the region of 3000 deaths with this virus

I don't think anybody with half a brain believes those numbers.

26 minutes ago, virginton said:

That’s probably because you’ve fallen for the current tears and snotters meltdown of the UK and US media, as China records literally zero daily deaths while their own governments contrive to make a roaring c**t of it on a daily basis.

Case in point.

1 hour ago, Granny Danger said:

I really hope these projections are wrong.

Almost 3,000 deaths per day at peak.  66,000 dead by August.  More dead than France, Italy and Germany combined.

Scary stuff.

In the context of what is happening / has happened everywhere else, these projections (again) seem to be absolutely wild.

Just when you think there can’t be anything more corrupt.  Trump facilitating private businesses to profiteer from this disaster.

This isn't even Trump; he isn't helping anything, but the system was set up for that, he's merely exploiting it. The big lad in the video is the Governor of Illinois and he's doing a better job than I'd ever have thought possible, having seen his predecessor.

Guest JTS98
5 hours ago, Theroadlesstravelled said:

I don’t particularly like the guy but he’s at least stepped up.
More billionaires should be doing this.

Alternatively, billionaires shouldn't exist and this money should already be available to society as a whole.

The fact that we're relying on billionaires dishing out charity and discussing wage cuts for high earners tells you that the system of distribution of money in our society is completely wrong and stops us looking after ourselves.

Allowing people to hoard money is like toilet roll hoarding except much more dangerous. Society needs that money, as we are seeing now.

We're hearing a lot just now about concerns over what will happen in India as their health infrastructure is in no way suited to coping with this. Yet there are plenty of Indians with Craig Whyte-style off-the-radar wealth. That imbalance and resultant lack of investment in healthcare for a country of a billion people is going to cost lots of lives. Actual people's lives.

And we've not even touched on sub-Saharan Africa.

This becomes the rich world's problem when the rich world contains the virus and the poor world sends it back to us because they don't have the resources to contain it.

Edited by JTS98

9 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

Janey Godley is finally getting roasted on Twitter. She blocked me long ago so I can't enjoy it, but good that she's being called out as fucking dreadful.

She blocked me about 18 months ago for calling her a hypocrite.   She's pals with that boot Karen koren who ripped Edinburgh off for £200.000 and kept asking her about it in various ways...  o miss taking the piss out of her.  Is she still posting pics of menus from restaurants that she is going in the hope of getting a scran for free.   I wonder how many twats have bought those trump is a c**t postcards that's shes trying to get rich from.  What is getting roasted for?  Please start my day with some excellent news.  She cost me my Twitter account.   No point in having one of I can't take the piss out of her and her 'very funny' daughter.   Mon mate  details of her roasting...

Edited by HooseLee

14 hours ago, GordonS said:

Do you really have an objection to this? Why?

Maybe they used to drive to the gym, the swimming pool, fitness classes at the leisure centre or at work. Maybe they used to work or run for part of their commute. Maybe they used to go further away and walk or run in bigger hills or the countryside.

Maybe they're nowhere near as busy as usual and now have enough time in daylight hours to get some exercise. Maybe getting out of the house for a while is the highlight of their day, and why wouldn't it be? It's the highlight of mine.

All the extra exercise that people are getting is an unalloyed, unobjectionable good thing, especially if they're driving less too. It's a silver lining.

My observation about human nature in this is that it's really weird to complain about people exercising more, but that's in some folks' nature.

I can only assume that you didn't read my response to another poster .

Can you point out where I've objected to it please ?

Once again posters on here reading something and changing a narrative so THEY'VE got something to complain or abject about.

It was a bloody observation, nothing else !!!

4 minutes ago, The DA said:

UK daily deaths seem to be leveling off a bit.  Admittedly only over the last 4 or 5 days but, if we follow Italy's curve, this graph suggests it might not be as bad as some are making out.

Capture.PNG

America looks fucked.

2 hours ago, JTS98 said:

Alternatively, billionaires shouldn't exist and this money should already be available to society as a whole.

The fact that we're relying on billionaires dishing out charity and discussing wage cuts for high earners tells you that the system of distribution of money in our society is completely wrong and stops us looking after ourselves.

Allowing people to hoard money is like toilet roll hoarding except much more dangerous. Society needs that money, as we are seeing now.

We're hearing a lot just now about concerns over what will happen in India as their health infrastructure is in no way suited to coping with this. Yet there are plenty of Indians with Craig Whyte-style off-the-radar wealth. That imbalance and resultant lack of investment in healthcare for a country of a billion people is going to cost lots of lives. Actual people's lives.

And we've not even touched on sub-Saharan Africa.

This becomes the rich world's problem when the rich world contains the virus and the poor world sends it back to us because they don't have the resources to contain it.

Excellent post.

So the upshot in all of this is, either you'll die in the near future from it. Or if you survive you'll most probably be unemployed and lose your house.

Can't see football, gigs, pubs, restaurants on the go until a vaccine arrives, which is probably a couple of years away.

Tough times.