Friday Night Football - Thistle vs Ayr

If that game last night involved any of the old firm, there would be a scramble for Cardle to be retrospectively punished.

Was he even booked? I dont remember.

If he was, am I right in saying that nothing can be done as the ref has 'seen' and 'acted' on the incident?

Got to say, at the game it looked like Cardle had been rugby tackled!

On 31/01/2020 at 20:15, Jacky1990 said:

Never a penalty. Some c**t needs to remind referees/pundits that football is still a contact sport

It's not a contact sport. It's semi-contact and that's only because contact is unavoidable. Only a pub bore uses the "contact sport" drivel.

The aim is to play the ball.

Edited by Poet of the Macabre

10 hours ago, 1nickydevlin said:

Cardle is nothing but a wee fanny .Always has and always will .god I wish Jamie Adams was playing last night .

Cardle decked Jamie Adams. 

10 hours ago, yorkshirepud said:

If I remember right, the red was overturned on appeal. For a punch in the face! According to their manager "He's not that type of player" Aye right.

It was overturned, Murphy nipped the back of Cardles arm who in turn swung his arm which Murphy then milked. 

Dunfermline would win 2-1 with a delicious picture/video of Murphy desperately trying to get back for the winning goal. 

12 hours ago, Grant228 said:

Cardle decked Jamie Adams. 

Cardle couldn't deck a back garden.

He is the proverbial 'wee c**t' that a lot of fans love in their team, but hate against them.

Elbow to the head of a fellow professional while lying on the ground is a bit of a cheap one though, you've got to admit?

8 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

There’s a huge difference between choosing to go down and being put down...

Cardle could put most players on there arse tbf, his family are big into there boxing and his brother was British champ a couple of years back. Joe certainly dabbled in it. 

A geriatric farmer with shot knees? Dropped like a bad habit. 

4 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

Cardle could put most players on there arse tbf, his family are big into there boxing and his brother was British champ a couple of years back. Joe certainly dabbled in it. 

If Adams is on his arse it's because he wants to be there.

“Geriatric”

Joe Cardle is older than Jamie Adams.

4 minutes ago, UpInTheAyr said:

If Adams is on his arse it's because he wants to be there.

Yeah, a past master at getting folks sent off.

Did he not manage to get Robertson & Bell sent off against Stranraer in the same game? The seethe the Stranraer fans have for him is something to behold.

On 01/02/2020 at 14:37, AUFC 1910 said:

If that game last night involved any of the old firm, there would be a scramble for Cardle to be retrospectively punished.

Was he even booked? I dont remember.

If he was, am I right in saying that nothing can be done as the ref has 'seen' and 'acted' on the incident?

Got to say, at the game it looked like Cardle had been rugby tackled!

The rule does explicitly say it only applies if no official saw it at the time, but earlier in the season Robbie Muirhead was booked for a tackle in a televised game at Dens Park when it should have been a red, then was banned for two matches retrospectively despite having been booked already. If there’s any consistency Cardle’s surely got to get a ban for violent conduct regardless of only being booked at the time.

7 hours ago, Dunning1874 said:

The rule does explicitly say it only applies if no official saw it at the time, but earlier in the season Robbie Muirhead was booked for a tackle in a televised game at Dens Park when it should have been a red, then was banned for two matches retrospectively despite having been booked already. If there’s any consistency Cardle’s surely got to get a ban for violent conduct regardless of only being booked at the time.

And Graham. 

Partick Thistle v Ayr this season have been like Peterhead to Dunfermline a few years ago, can't compete so just try and hurt folk.  Fair play for knowing their limits. 

32 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

And Graham. 

Partick Thistle v Ayr this season have been like Peterhead to Dunfermline a few years ago, 

Glorious memories, Ayr fans could revel in a few highlights from those games, Falkingham getting booted all over the shop and Geggan putting in one of the worst challenges I've ever seen on a football pitch on Andy Rodgers in retaliation. 

It was absolutely incredible. 

Glorious memories, Ayr fans could revel in a few highlights from those games, Falkingham getting booted all over the shop and Geggan putting in one of the worst challenges I've ever seen on a football pitch on Andy Rodgers in retaliation. 

It was absolutely incredible. 

I reckon Andy Geggan would put that tackle in on Rodgers if he saw him on the high street. They absolutely hate each other apparently.