Queens v Dunfermline

3 minutes ago, Mr X said:

The evidence is all there. He didnt play at the start of the season because he wasnt fit. He didnt play after that because he wasnt fit. He came back into the team and look, er, unfit - different, but basically the same. He now isnt playing because he isnt fit.

Im sorry, but anyone who saw the Ayr game could see that isnt true. He might not be injured but he clearly isnt fit

Semple was fit enough to play 70 minutes at Ayr, he scored and helped keep a clean sheet for 70 minutes. Fit or not fit.

To increase to match fitness you need to play games.

Since that game the defence has been a bit of a disaster. 

This has nothing to do with fitness. It is purely down to the manager not rating Semple as a player.

Which he is fully entitled to do.

Yass. was sure we were going to lose at 2-2 with our players getting more and more frustrated at an inept referee. This guy is a lower league ref who seems to randomly get the odd championship match despite being nowhere near competent. Some absolutely incredible decisions. He was regularly within 5 yards with a clear view of 2 handed shoves happening from both sets of players and not taking any action. Getting easy throw in decisions wrong etc, then seemed surprised that he got stick for it.
Agree. Baffling decisions. Penalty was laughable.

Yass. was sure we were going to lose at 2-2 with our players getting more and more frustrated at an inept referee. This guy is a lower league ref who seems to randomly get the odd championship match despite being nowhere near competent. Some absolutely incredible decisions. He was regularly within 5 yards with a clear view of 2 handed shoves happening from both sets of players and not taking any action. Getting easy throw in decisions wrong etc, then seemed surprised that he got stick for it.
He was very poor. The penalty decision looked terrible. But in the same breath, the Pars support went mad with every single decision. It was quite comical at times. A lot of the time it was as if all the support was fizzing at a decision and then other times a section would complain and quickly go quiet when they didn't get the backing from everyone else.

He was poor but not every single decision is going to go your sides way, maybe accept at least one decision in a game [emoji38]

Weird game. Didn't deserve to be winning at half time. Never a penalty in a million years, had a better 2nd half in terms of build up play but never really created much. Scoring 3 away from home with our top scorer on the bench is class.

41 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

Have you been attending these games m8 or just reading reports? It's a young lad and Petra from the worst Falkirk side in history we have to come in. I think you're going to be majorly disappointed if you expect these two to suddenly turn us from utter shite to good.

Sadly, no. 

I’m trying to be optimistic, difficult when you’ve supported the club for 50 odd years. 

Sadly, no. 

I’m trying to be optimistic, difficult when you’ve supported the club for 50 odd years. 

It's even harder to be optimistic when you see what's on the park unfortunately. 6 goals in two games from crosses in incredibly frustrating. You have to wonder what they do in training all week because it's not as if other areas of our play are better that counters how pathetic we are at dealing with crosses.

The zonal marking at corner kicks just doesn’t work with this goalkeeper! Robby McCrorie dominated his 6 yard box, unfortunately Ross Stewart doesn’t! 3 goals from corner kicks just shouldn’t happen!

Very disappointed with the result and the performance today against a Dunfermline team who look quite average but probably deserved to win the match. As we all know anyone can beat anyone in this poor league!

I thought the young lad Devine was outstanding for Queens today and reminded me of Jason Kerr, another centre half we had on loan from St Johnstone a couple of years ago.

I must be in the minority here because I thought it was a stonewall penalty! I can’t wait to see the highlights to see if I’m wrong?

24 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:
27 minutes ago, Benji said:
Sadly, no. 

It's even harder to be optimistic when you see what's on the park unfortunately. 6 goals in two games from crosses in incredibly frustrating. You have to wonder what they do in training all week because it's not as if other areas of our play are better that counters how pathetic we are at dealing with crosses.

It’s a bit worrying that this is the same issue we had last year with different players. 

Any news in Kilday? What’s going on with Semple? He came highly rated. 

Fingers crossed we’re not going on another 7 game losing streak.

The zonal marking at corner kicks just doesn’t work with this goalkeeper! Robby McCrorie dominated his 6 yard box, unfortunately Ross Stewart doesn’t! 3 goals from corner kicks just shouldn’t happen!

Very disappointed with the result and the performance today against a Dunfermline team who look quite average but probably deserved to win the match. As we all know anyone can beat anyone in this poor league!

I thought the young lad Devine was outstanding for Queens today and reminded me of Jason Kerr, another centre half we had on loan from St Johnstone a couple of years ago.

I must be in the minority here because I thought it was a stonewall penalty! I can’t wait to see the highlights to see if I’m wrong?

I'm not sure Stewart can take the flack. The first one the guy had all the time in the world at the edge of the box to put a ball - where was the tracking? It then floats in the air and the big guy for Pars has a free header that he does it best to mess up. It then gets knocked it. No idea how as all I could see what QoS bodies. From my memory I doubt the GK could have got through the bodies.

The second is almost a skimmed cross and no one goes with the runner - again, what's the GK supposed to do?

The 3rd, there was someone on Ashcroft but he gets there first. I thought it was from about 7/8 yards out so didn't think it was the GK to collect.

Zonal marking or the goalkeeper isn't the problem, the problem is our players failing to pick up there man and stick with him.

On the penalty, I never even shouted for it at the time and thought the ref was pointing for a Dunfermline FK. It looked a laughably bad decision but as you say, the highlights will probably confirm it.

It’s a bit worrying that this is the same issue we had last year with different players. 

Any news in Kilday? What’s going on with Semple? He came highly rated. 

Fingers crossed we’re not going on another 7 game losing streak.
Had a conversation at the game today about this. We got rid of Naysmith because it was turgid and gave AJ a 2 year deal. I'm not sure we are any better than we were last season.

12 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

Zonal marking or the goalkeeper isn't the problem, the problem is our players failing to pick up there man and stick with him.

If it is zonal marking, the players won’t have a man to pick up. I don’t like zonal marking because the attackers get more of a run at the ball. Plus, with man marking you know exactly who is to blame when somebody gets a free header.

Reading the comments from Queens fans pretty much sums up AJ during his time with us in the championship. Organisation issues defensively and baffling selections. Great win for the pars and the most divisive players in our team in Ashcroft, Devine and McGill all score, football is a funny game...

4 minutes ago, palmy_cammy said:

I’m not sure the marking system matters too much when your back 5 contains; Livi’s 3rd choice ‘keeper, two central midfielders and an 18 year old making his second start.

Yes, I suspect that was the main issue today.

Any excitement over the acquisition of Wilson as an athletic, attack minded  midfielder was gone before the start.

And he was the new guy who played.

51 minutes ago, Sankasouthy said:

Are you a mate of Devine.  outstanding you have to be joking and to compare him to Kerr maybe might be close to be as good as Kerr in a few years but nowhere near it right now .Why the hell AJ signed a 18 boy with no experience is asking for trouble still he signed a centre midfielder in Wilson and plays him at the back  when Semple is on the bench .

Have to hope Kilday is not out long and that the new defender is very good !!!!!.

Stewart you can see why Livi don't rate him he just does not command his box

Edited by Northfield 53

Penalty was an absolute joke. Referee was beyond terrible. Thankfully it didn’t matter.

Again, I thought Danny Devine had a great game! Absolutely nuts and his goal was a great bit of movement to get on the end of it. Fair play to him.

Turner sold the jerseys for the first goal. Another poor game from him and he’s lucky to get away with it. He should be dropped next game IMO.

Thomas was quiet today and made some poor decisions. Nisbet definitely changed things for us when he came on; we looked more of a threat and he was clearly causing havoc amongst the defence. Hopefully there’s not much to him being on the bench.

A very welcome 3 points. The difference between ourselves and QoS today was the fact we took our chances. A really poor game tbh from both sides.

Are you a mate of Devine.  outstanding you have to be joking and to compare him to Kerr maybe might be close to be as good as Kerr in a few years but nowhere near it right now .Why the hell AJ signed a 18 boy with no experience is asking for trouble still he signed a centre midfielder in Wilson and plays him at the back  when Semple is on the bench .
Have to hope Kilday is not out long and that the new defender is very good !!!!!.

Don't think Devine did too much wrong today tbh*. He was sometimes a bit rushed in possession but outwith that dealt with everything that came his way. I don't think Dunfermline created a clear chance through the middle today.

* I don't know who lost their men yet so he may well have been a culprit at the goals.