Skateboards

5 hours ago, gannonball said:

This is clearly a grooming ploy, surely nobody of legal adult age skates.

I don't skate myself but do not be shackled by society's expectations - do whatever legal activity makes you happy irrespective of what anyone thinks. 

Thank you. 

Skated when I was younger (mostly at the original factory in Dundee for those who remember). 

Both of my kids are now in to skating and I take my board to the skateparks with them. 

Quite a lot of the lads my age who skated back in the day are still in to it. 

15 hours ago, Busta Nut said:

There is a few local small skate parks popped up in the last few years

There's one in Dumbarton that's very popular, folk seem to travel from all over Scotland to come to it.

I don't skate but I did when I was younger. Used to love watching Rodney Mullen piss around on his board. Watched a documentary recently though and I felt quite sad for Mullen, it's clear he's got huge mental health problems.

Edited by The Moonster

3 hours ago, The Moonster said:

I don't skate but I did when I was younger. Used to love watching Rodney Mullen piss around on his board. Watched a documentary recently though and I felt quite sad for Mullen, it's clear he's got huge mental health problems.

Rodney Mullen has Autism/Asperger's.

On 31/01/2020 at 09:38, Futureboy said:

Skated when I was younger (mostly at the original factory in Dundee for those who remember). 

Both of my kids are now in to skating and I take my board to the skateparks with them. 

Quite a lot of the lads my age who skated back in the day are still in to it. 

Skated the Brown Constable St Factory as a kid. Used to run around the derelict offices above it in between skating. 

Still know quite a few boys that've kept going over the years after I packed it in late teens.  One of them has sorted me with a very nice setup through work he does for a company here.  

Edited by Boostin' Kev

On 31/01/2020 at 09:55, The Moonster said:

There's one in Dumbarton that's very popular, folk seem to travel from all over Scotland to come to it.

It was the Steve Rocco doc, The Man Who Souled the World. Mullen was diagnosed with some sort of autism, extremely introverted guy. Took a load of stick from ramp and bowl skaters calling freestyle ballet and was taken advantage of by Rocco iirc, wouldn't have helped. 

1 hour ago, Boostin' Kev said:

Skated the Brown Constable St Factory as a kid. Used to run around the derelict offices above it in between skating. 

Still know quite a few boys that've kept going over the years after I packed it in late teens.  One of them has sorted me with a very nice setup through work he does for a company here.  

Still got one of my original boards from back in the day (along with my latest set up).

I've a few decks to choose from at the mo mind you!

DSC_0329.JPG

DSC_0327.JPG

My last old board was Powell everything. Caballero deck, G Bones, Swiss bearings etc. No idea where it is now.

Mate sorted me out last year with a Killing Floor 8.38, Indy 149s, Spitfire 80HD burners and Powell Reds. Good fun to push about.

7 minutes ago, Boostin' Kev said:

My last old board was Powell everything. Caballero deck, G Bones, Swiss bearings etc. No idea where it is now.

Mate sorted me out last year with a Killing Floor 8.38, Indy 149s, Spitfire 80HD burners and Powell Reds. Good fun to push about.

Nice set up. I can't ride anything popsicle shaped or under 8.7. 

I'm pretty lucky that I have Transition Extreme, Westburn/Dudhope/Arbroath/Carnoustie and Tayport skateparks a half hour drive away. I can't do half of what I used to, but it's still great fun. 

Only one A&E visit required 🤣

Edited by Futureboy