Skateboards

4 minutes ago, Futureboy said:

Nice set up. I can't ride anything popsicle shaped or under 8.7. 

I'm pretty lucky that I have Transition Extreme, Westburn/Dudhope/Arbroath/Carnoustie and Tayport skateparks a half hour drive away. I can't do half of what I used to, but it's still great fun. 

Only one A&E visit required 🤣

It's harder with a smaller deck, takes time to get comfy but decks are smaller nowadays for a reason, wouldn't go any lower than what I've got though . The bushings on the 149s are loose even before they're worn in imo but not going to tighten the truck.  When you skate it that way it's good , it's worth the potential A&E.😎

Go to parks here, and going to Kelvingrove in a fortnight.  Heading through to Dundee next week, doesn't seem to be much near the centre, any recommendations?

1 hour ago, Boostin' Kev said:

It's harder with a smaller deck, takes time to get comfy but decks are smaller nowadays for a reason, wouldn't go any lower than what I've got though . The bushings on the 149s are loose even before they're worn in imo but not going to tighten the truck.  When you skate it that way it's good , it's worth the potential A&E.😎

Go to parks here, and going to Kelvingrove in a fortnight.  Heading through to Dundee next week, doesn't seem to be much near the centre, any recommendations?

Loose trucks seems to be the modern way!

Dudhope is a five minute walk from the city centre. Not far from the bottom of lochee road.

1 hour ago, Futureboy said:

Loose trucks seems to be the modern way!

Dudhope is a five minute walk from the city centre. Not far from the bottom of lochee road.

Loose trucks are good for carving. Takes a bit of getting used to but good when you pull it off.

Used too skate when I was a teenager absolutely loved it .one day me and a friend at the time plunked the school too go skating .so my mate decided he wanted too jump down a set of 10 stairs  and the way he landed the board snapped in half and shot upwards right into his baws .it got worse when he realised he could feel blood running down his leg .down comes the troosers too reveal a split open baw bag .This was the days before every1 had a mobile phone had too go back to the school which was close by too phone an ambulance .put me off skating after that. 

Used too skate when I was a teenager absolutely loved it .one day me and a friend at the time plunked the school too go skating .so my mate decided he wanted too jump down a set of 10 stairs  and the way he landed the board snapped in half and shot upwards right into his baws .it got worse when he realised he could feel blood running down his leg .down comes the troosers too reveal a split open baw bag .This was the days before every1 had a mobile phone had too go back to the school which was close by too phone an ambulance .put me off skating after that. 

Assume it was English you missed that day.

• 2 weeks later...

Got my cousin and her boyfriend staying with us and the boy is incredible on a skateboard. I've just witnessed him pulling off some shit I've never seen in the flesh before at the local skatepark. 

Anyway, I decided to take a shot and I think I've fractured a bone on the outside of my foot. Fucking idiot. 

9 hours ago, Dee Man said:

Got my cousin and her boyfriend staying with us and the boy is incredible on a skateboard. I've just witnessed him pulling off some shit I've never seen in the flesh before at the local skatepark. 

Anyway, I decided to take a shot and I think I've fractured a bone on the outside of my foot. Fucking idiot. 

i001074877.jpg

• 6 months later...