Stranraer v Rovers

3 hours ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

Stranraer might have won 9 of their 14 points at home, but 9 points at home this season hardly points to a fortress.

2-3-5 at home this year, which means they have gotten points from half their home games. Certainly not a fortress, but far from a pushover, as we found to our detriment.

On 02/02/2020 at 18:06, RRFC2711 said:
On 02/02/2020 at 14:39, Zen Archer Esq. said:
Must not shit the bed in the last ten minutes.

Going down for an all nighter ?

That's the plan, however I have things to do in the morning and if I don't get them done the game is a bogie.

BBC weather has weather warnings and 40-50 mph winds from 10am on Saturday right through the weekend. 
Does that get the game called off do you think?
I imagine the game would be a farce in those conditions...

I’m sure it was like that for Falkirk’s game down there on Saturday. Hence the fact they dropped points

2 hours ago, HIT THE CHANNEL said:

BBC weather has weather warnings and 40-50 mph winds from 10am on Saturday right through the weekend. 

Does that get the game called off do you think?

I imagine the game would be a farce in those conditions...

Just checked, weather at Stranraer on Saturday, 1500  hrs, heavy rain and 50+ mph winds!!

With forecast warnings like that it makes any game a farce......they'd cancel high sided vehicles on the bridges for those conditions !!

Absolute madness, playing IN a Mudbath, ON a Tattie field are words that coma to mind.

Could not make it up!! 

Would be typical of Rovers to make the journey down again only for the game to get called off. 

To mitigate any potential travel disasters, and give themselves the best chance of winning, the Rovers could always put the team up in a hotel before the game. Just like Falkirk did before their *checks notes* 1-1 draw...

To mitigate any potential travel disasters, and give themselves the best chance of winning, the Rovers could always put the team up in a hotel before the game. Just like Falkirk did before their *checks notes* 1-1 draw...

They are, Raith team are due to travel down south on Friday afternoon following their daily training session to stay overnight in a hotel at Stranraer

3 hours ago, Raith Against The Machine said:

Last I heard that wasn’t paid by Falkirk, but by a supporters group or such. Agree they should, but it is League One. Current forecast for kick is about 8-9 degrees, with a 33 mph SSW wind, gusts to 56 (gently called possibly locally damaging) and some rain. The good news is that Stair Park almost East-West, so it should be, at worst, a quartering tailwind/headwind.

33 minutes ago, Raith Against The Machine said:

What's the consensus then? Wee bit wind, wee bit rain, but nothing to put the game in doubt?

Being out the house for ten hours and only seeing 37 minutes of football isn't an experience I'm desperate to repeat. Once bitten, etc.

It'll be mair than a wee bit wind! Giving 55mph for afternoon. Maybe a bit of rain. This is all before the actual storm makes landfall later in the evening. The game may start but I'd not be too surprised if it doesn't end. If it goes the full whack it will be a total lottery regarding the outcome.