VAR to be used in EURO 2020 playoffs.

greenockraver

Had VAR been in place throughout the last 15-20 years, we may well have got to a major tournament (Czech Republic game at Hampden being the most obvious refereeing clusterfuck).

That being said, VAR is absolutely horrific and is ruining everything that is great about the sport. 

32 minutes ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

Good news as Scotland wont be there.

IMVHO

2 minutes ago, Sheep62 said:

Agree we won't probably be there but if we are you just know it is going to work against us.

Glorious failure is what we do 

Playoffs lads.

Playoffs.

43 minutes ago, AyrTroopMajor said:

Had VAR been in place throughout the last 15-20 years, we may well have got to a major tournament (Czech Republic game at Hampden being the most obvious refereeing clusterfuck).

That being said, VAR is absolutely horrific and is ruining everything that is great about the sport. 

This is a selective memory. In the same match Charlie Adam raked his studs down a Czech fella's shin, in the box, and the ref didn't see it. VAR would have given a penalty and a sending off.

Utterly agree with the second sentence here. It makes me relieved I support a diddy team. 

VAR should be good, but they've done a pretty terrible job of it. I still think it has potential to be a very good thing and they should stick with it and tweak the system until they get it right.

It's shite for fans though. You don't have a clue what's going on half the time. I was at a game where a goal went to VAR, bit strange as I thought there was nothing wrong with it, two minutes later they gave a penalty down the other end. Nobody in the stadium had the faintest what was going on.

26 minutes ago, DiegoDiego said:

Nobody in the stadium had the faintest what was going on.

I always laugh when I see this.

Does the referee indicating the shape of a TV with his hands, a huge screen saying 'VAR CHECK', the referee pointing to the spot and a penalty being taken not clue you in.

What part of that is confusing?

Does the referee indicating the shape of a TV with his hands, a huge screen saying 'VAR CHECK', the referee pointing to the spot and a penalty being taken not clue you in.
The confusing point was that nobody knew why the goal was being referred to VAR as it looked perfectly legitimate. Nobody thought about the of the ball push forty-five seconds earlier at the other end of the pitch.

I always laugh when people assume every stadium has a huge screen that tells you when VAR is being used.

I was at the Argentina game in Paris and we didn't have a scooby what was happening.