The Derek Mackay texts and the Scottish Budget

Mastermind

7 hours ago, ICTChris said:

Everyone in politics is a weirdo.  The Tories are a load of fresh faced posho flag waving Europe obsessed weirdos, Labour are crackpot conspiracy theorists who have encyplodia style knowledge about Jews, the Lib Dems are a load of 'car keys in the fruit bowl' middle class perverts, the SNP combine all for their everyman position with a load of added weak-jawed beta male losers groping and sexting inappropriately.

If you are reading this thread, you are very likely a complete weirdo who is DMing someone too young for you as we speak.  You fucking weirdo.

I mobilised my internal Charlie Brooker to read this

2 minutes ago, Highlandmagyar 2nd Tier said:

It isn't head in the sand at all. The two gentleman's arrogance and despicable acts can never be excused, but you are trying to make a political point that it is inherent within the SNP, when there is no evidence of this.

Well aye obviously there's no evidence yet but it's pretty naive to dismiss the possibility that there might not be wider issues within a party that has either ignored, facilitated or somehow been completely unaware of the Salmond stuff  for years and now has a senior minister grooming a child and barely bothering to hide it. There's obviously a chance they're just two massive wrong uns acting independently but it's fairly unlikely.

5 minutes ago, YassinMoutaouakil said:

Well aye obviously there's no evidence yet but it's pretty naive to dismiss the possibility that there might not be wider issues within a party that has either ignored, facilitated or somehow been completely unaware of the Salmond stuff  for years and now has a senior minister grooming a child and barely bothering to hide it. There's obviously a chance they're just two massive wrong uns acting independently but it's fairly unlikely.

Hiya Tom Watson, hiya pal.

Give my regards to Carl Beech.

9 minutes ago, sophia said:

Hiya Tom Watson, hiya pal.

Give my regards to Carl Beech.

I didn't think I'd have to preface all my posts with "EVERY SINGLE POLITICAL PARTY IS FULL OF DEGENERATES WHO ARE AIDED AND ABETTED BY THE STRUCTURES THEY OPERATE IN, THIS IS NOT EXCLUSIVE TO THE SNP" but apparently I should have.

Unless (which I'm in no way ruling out) there is concrete evidence still to come out about the leadership's prior knowledge of this and the Salmond case, I don't think this damages the party anything like some folk seem to be predicting. Man loses his job after being outed as a scumbag, not exactly an earth shattering turn of events in politics unfortunately. The initial Salmond hearings coming directly before the last UK election was meant to be a disaster according to the same people who are giddy about this. 

23 minutes ago, Alan Stubbs said:

Unless (which I'm in no way ruling out) there is concrete evidence still to come out about the leadership's prior knowledge of this and the Salmond case, I don't think this damages the party anything like some folk seem to be predicting. Man loses his job after being outed as a scumbag, not exactly an earth shattering turn of events in politics unfortunately. The initial Salmond hearings coming directly before the last UK election was meant to be a disaster according to the same people who are giddy about this. 

Aye I think SNP is pretty entrenched by this point tbh, be surprised if they ever drop below 40% in national election again. I reckon the Salmond stuff will do a wee bit of damage but it will probably be negligible in terms of vote share.

Good to see Channel 4 News leading with news of ongoing Syrian war crimes, as hospitals, including  a maternity unit in N.W. Syria being heavily bombed. The spread of conoavirus is their next news item.

Derek and the SNP are relegated to 3rd place which strikes me as much more balanced news coverage - much better than the usual shit the dear old BBC are coming up with.

13 minutes ago, ICTJohnboy said:

Good to see Channel 4 News leading with news of ongoing Syrian war crimes, as hospitals, including  a maternity unit in N.W. Syria being heavily bombed.

Bit weird that the footage in that report was from last August. Must have held on to it to deflect attention from SNP scandals imo.

17 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Bit weird that the footage in that report was from last August. Must have held on to it to deflect attention from SNP scandals imo.

I noticed that. Did no one pay any attention last time?

The Good Lord and TV news programmes move in mysterious ways.

I'd say it's entirely more likely their actions are independent rather than your totally believable suggestion that there's a culture of texting wee boys in the SNP [emoji23] People get sacked for this kind of behaviour in different workplaces every day. It just doesn't make front page news.

I would have thought that was pretty obvious.