Accies v Aberdeen

1 minute ago, Rodhull said:

3 at the back and Cosgrove on the bench. Take your pick for who the wing backs are.

IMG_20200211_183903.jpg

Well that's certainly shaking things up. Dropping the best player from Saturday and trying Kennedy at wing back. 

People around me on Saturday were laughing when McLennan got on for the last 20 seconds and told him to take his chance. Look like he did when he took that left back on! 😂

6 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

Well that's certainly shaking things up. Dropping the best player from Saturday and trying Kennedy at wing back. 

People around me on Saturday were laughing when McLennan got on for the last 20 seconds and told him to take his chance. Look like he did when he took that left back on! 😂

Genuinely no idea what formation this will end up?  3-5-2, 3-4-3? Wouldn't even be surprised if it's some sort of 3-6-1.

Mcgeough did play wing back on occasion for Hibs so could be him there but not sure about Kennedy or McLennan (presumably) on the other side.

Edited by Rodhull

Just now, Rodhull said:

Genuinely no idea what formation this will end up?  3-5-2, 3-4-3. Wouldn't even be surprised if it's some sort of 3-6-1.

Mcgeough did play wing back on occasion for Hibs so could be him there but not sure about Kennedy or McLennan (presumably) on the other side.

You look at the line up and imagine something you'd use for the last ten minutes in football manager to salvage a point.

Usually ends up making a bit more sense at the game itself right enough.

3 minutes ago, DrewDon said:

I like that line up, so we will probably lose. On the other hand, most people on the Twitter replies to the official account (very normal behaviour), appear to hate it, so we’ll probably win. 

Really? Looks like it's going to be the usual story of kicking it long in to the corners and winning the second ball. But worse.

At least Campbell was looking for the pass inside or down the line on Saturday. Just a shame the finally ball that followed was crap.

My perception of McInnes is that he'll sometimes pick a lineup that makes no sense but wins the game, then he believes the hype by sticking with that system for the next game which Aberdeen get pumped in. No idea if it's true, but it's how he exists in my head.

1 minute ago, accies1874 said:

My perception of McInnes is that he'll sometimes pick a lineup that makes no sense but wins the game, then he believes the hype by sticking with that system for the next game which Aberdeen get pumped in. No idea if it's true, but it's how he exists in my head.

Some truth in that. It normally involves spreading 6 defenders across the defence and midfield but that isn't the case just now which is why it seems so strange.

23 minutes ago, accies1874 said:

Kinda. Usually doesn't go back to it until further down the line. Usually goes back to the tried and tested. I believe him when he says he thinks a goal will come and then every thing will be fine.