Hearts Victory Thread (featuring Hamilton Academical)

10 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Really shows Scotland up that our media are rather vile to a foreign manager. By that, I don't just mean foreign as in nationality, just foreign to the 'boys club'.

I remember Bonetti got hounded (Willie Young in one of his after dinner speeches admitted that certain refs used to actively enjoy giving decisions against us, him included). Cathro, Angelo & Stendel have all fallen foul in recent times.

Yet if you're one of the Sportsound lads or mates with them, you're a disgraceful club if you have the audacity to punt one of their own. (See Partick Thistle with Gerry Collins & Dundee with Jim McIntyre to name but 2).

I love how they always ask McCann his opinions on Stendel. He literally applied for the job and was pied for it, how is he going to give an impartial view on Stendel?

Just now, Ludo*1 said:

Probably because he's just bitter about Dundee in general.

Albert Kidd even had a wee spat with him about 86 just last year and had to tell him to get over it as Sandy Stewart would still like to, 'kick his head in' apparently.

He's an utter welt of a man.

I'd somehow forgotten about the 86 stuff. Rent-free accommodation in Sandy's head until he croaks. 

Glorious. 

3 hours ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

Mind you if we count draws where we scored last as defeats then we’d have to count the Aberdeen game as a win

So possibly we should just count draws as draws

I could have sworn you'd beaten us. Felt like a loss, so I can see the point. 

P. S. Get doon

6 minutes ago, LincolnHearts said:

Berra was done after his Injury against Celtic. Whelan was surrounded by shite.

Still think we'll finish10th, but would take 11th if offered it now.

Hearts look a bunch of strangers on the park and Berra and Whelan were leaders. 

Lose to St Mirren on Friday and I predict you#ll finish 12th as Hamilton were without 5 or 6 starters and looked in control 11 vs 11. 

15 minutes ago, Snifter Pee Rot said:

Lose to St Mirren on Friday and I predict you#ll finish 12th as Hamilton were without 5 or 6 starters and looked in control 11 vs 11. 

Whelan wasn't a leader at Hearts and Berra was just a liability in the end. We are where we are partly because of them, not because we are missing them.

7 hours ago, Snifter Pee Rot said:

Whelan was a leader. Thanks I needed a good laugh after yesterday.

7 hours ago, Snifter Pee Rot said:

They really weren't. Not for a wee while anyway 

I don't think Hearts will get relegated. (I have nothing to back up this assertion, before you ask.) However, should they be relegated, they might well do a Dundee United, which would be an absolute disaster for them.

I also keep thinking Hearts won’t go down, results like yesterday are making me doubt that though. If they don’t win on Friday it’s a real possibility. Stendel surely has to give up on his ridiculous high press, it’s costing Hearts goals and points. 

I don't think Hearts will get relegated. (I have nothing to back up this assertion, before you ask.) However, should they be relegated, they might well do a Dundee United, which would be an absolute disaster for them.

You still look at the squad and think it should be a top 6 side, they have players I’d be delighted to have at the dons. Which makes their position so baffling.

I also think they will get out of it but they are making quite a task of it. That Hamilton side, with 10 men for most of the game, at home should’ve been a comfortable 3 points.

18 minutes ago, Zing. said:

I also keep thinking Hearts won’t go down, results like yesterday are making me doubt that though. If they don’t win on Friday it’s a real possibility. Stendel surely has to give up on his ridiculous high press, it’s costing Hearts goals and points. 

This is the problem though, people just point to the "high press" because it's a buzzword.  That's not a go at you personally, but it's everywhere and while it's hurt us before, we didn't play any sort of press yesterday. 

18 minutes ago, Empty It said:

The sportsound team hounding Stendel is all just because hes not one of the "lads".

Perhaps its because he thinks that guys like Avdijaj is actually a footballer, rather than that?

His points total is woeful, you need to move on from "he is being hounded" to "we fucked up and need to bin this loser".

1 minute ago, Tony Wonder said:

This is the problem though, people just point to the "high press" because it's a buzzword.  That's not a go at you personally, but it's everywhere and while it's hurt us before, we didn't play any sort of press yesterday. 

Correct.

In the second half, Hearts were all over Hamilton but the tactic wasnt to use clever players like Naismith, but to throw balls in from each wing. While it worked yesterday to rescue a draw, it looked like the last throw of the dice from the players and in no way was a High press game.