St Johnstone vs Rangers -23/02/2020

1 hour ago, bennett said:

That's a tricky one to answer.  Tbh the league was probably lost at Tynecastle,  a few more good results in Europe tho would buy him a lot of good grace. We do seem to play better in Europe,  probably down to teams being more likely to play football rather than flying into tackles at 100mph/bus parking.

You could've atleast picked a better Metallica song tho.., something from kill em all or ride the lightning...

Ask those that actually attend the games -  methinks the league title (and stopping Fran/Anna (you choose which is which)) is the major objective.  Only sayin', like as a diddy team supporter.  Europe is a bonus that will never be achieved - TF (thank goodness) say the good people of Manchester/Seville.

25 minutes ago, Theroadlesstravelled said:

Ge55ard will piss off at the end of the season.

He won’t want to be near Rangers when Celtic win 10 in a row.

Not sacked, but instead do a Brendan Rodgers to some League 1 or bottom Championship side like Sunderland or Middlesbrough.

22 minutes ago, hearthammer said:

Ask those that actually attend the games -  methinks the league title (and stopping Fran/Anna (you choose which is which)) is the major objective.  Only sayin', like as a diddy team supporter.  Europe is a bonus that will never be achieved - TF (thank goodness) say the good people of Manchester/Seville.

I think you meant Manchester/Barcelona there. One they lost, took it badly and rioted, disgracing themselves. The other they won, and rioted in Barcelona anyway, disgracing themselves. No wonder we all hate them.

Edited by bairney

Morelos would have been as well not turning up today. Kamberi made such a huge difference when he came on.

May and Hendry need to basically start every game from now on. May’s goal was a much better finish than I gave it credit for at the time. Lashed it in with confidence. What a lad.

20 minutes ago, hearthammer said:

Europe can be achieved,  with a wee bit of luck in the draws its doable ( not champions league). 

Again it's a tricky one to answer with so many ifs and buts.

12 minutes ago, bairney said:

I think you meant Manchester/Barcelona there. One they lost, took it badly and rioted, disgracing themselves. The other they won, and rioted in Barcelona anyway, disgracing themselves. No wonder we all hate them.

I believe this year's final is in Seville.  I agree with your observations re the other 2

2 hours ago, bennett said:

That's a tricky one to answer.  Tbh the league was probably lost at Tynecastle,  a few more good results in Europe tho would buy him a lot of good grace. We do seem to play better in Europe,  probably down to teams being more likely to play football rather than flying into tackles at 100mph/bus parking.

You could've atleast picked a better Metallica song tho.., something from kill em all or ride the lightning...

You’ve got me there. Never been into heavy metal of any kind. I would agree that you seem to be playing better in Europe, but if you ever hope to “get 55” you do need to learn how to play against all systems of play. Or are you just saying that you’ve no chance of ever reaching 55?

35 minutes ago, bennett said:

Europe can be achieved,  with a wee bit of luck in the draws its doable ( not champions league). 

Again it's a tricky one to answer with so many ifs and buts.

"But....If....many" - you sound like a political candidate who has given up hope :)