2020/2021 Scottish Cup

Burnie_man

Have Bo'ness got much chance, you can get 9/2 on them, 16/5 draw no bet?
Had it been at Spartans 3G pitch it would have suited the BU's...... but it's now surprisingly back at the Bonnyrigg Rose pitch . BOO !!

Worth a punt ?......No. I am usually Mr Positive when it comes to talking up the BU's chances but we will need everything to go our way today to get a result.

1 hour ago, Hampden Diehard said:

Check Cowden's record in the seven games before the close; one win. That's a slide.

How far back do you want to go ? 5years, 10 years? Or to when QP were actually amateurs?

1 hour ago, Hampden Diehard said:

Check Cowden's record in the seven games before the close; one win. That's a slide.

On 30/12/2020 at 15:01, HibeeJibee said:

It appears from tweets Cumbernauld asked for an inspection yesterday, but Huntly said no need...

Unless there is some example I've missed since 1990s it looks like Bonnyrigg-Bo'ness will be the first Scottish Cup tie on New Year's Day since 1902.

What tie do you have as being on New Year's Day in 1902? From my records, I had thought that this might be the first ever tie on New Year's Day.

2 hours ago, HibeeJibee said:

I find it pretty extraordinary Spartans plastic park is frozen, but Bonnyrigg grass park (which has already been off 3 times) is playable. Nevertheless well done to them if match ref concurs.

Bit of a different between the pitches

46 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

What tie do you have as being on New Year's Day in 1902? From my records, I had thought that this might be the first ever tie on New Year's Day.

http://www.rsssf.com/tabless/scotcuphistfull.html#02

R1?

EDIT: Probably a mistake on RSSSF and ties were actually January 11th? If so you're probably right. Afterall it was traditionally a day for local derbies.

Edited by HibeeJibee

http://www.rsssf.com/tabless/scotcuphistfull.html#02

R1?

EDIT: Probably a mistake on RSSSF and ties were actually January 11th? If so you're probably right. Afterall it was traditionally a day for local derbies.

I think it was Jan 11th - Herald and Scotsman both have match reports on the 13th.