Scotland v Israel

Smokerson

1 minute ago, Marshmallo said:

What is that website hahahahahaha

WyScout.

I can't wait for you to discredit it though. Please do.

1 minute ago, Beth Paige-Black said:

That heat map not doing you any favours RG.   

A midfield two but playing hogging the touchline?  

Thats for his entire career. This is it for Scotland.

Armstrong2.jpg.e3347adf27bba3ce1bf504e67d362b53.jpg

Hard to understand why I want him as the left sided CM whos allowed to get forward. He didnt play there in Southamptons last 5 games so clearly can't play that role.

4 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Hard to understand why I want him as the left sided CM whos allowed to get forward. He didnt play there in Southamptons last 5 games so clearly can't play that role.

Can someone with a footballing brain please verify that I'm not going mental and Stuart Armstrong played wide in a front three for Southampton for months? Eg @craigkillie

1 minute ago, Marshmallo said:

Gary Holt bringing on a second striker when his team are 3-0 down + a Sheffield Wednesday game in February + a substitute appearance from Stuart Armstrong where he played on the left wing = Scotland win?

As I say, you've gone down the PB route of just slating folk because you've absolutely zero opinion or intelligence of your own.

When you're attempts at it show you're talking shite, you simply double down and start trying a different route, rather than having a proper discussion about things.

A grown man, trying to troll the quietest part of an anonymous football forum. The mind boggles.

Just now, Marshmallo said:

Can someone with a footballing brain please verify that I'm not going mental and Stuart Armstrong played wide in a front three for Southampton for months? Eg @craigkillie

Can someone tell you that I'm not questioning that. I'm merely saying that I think he can play as well, if not better, for Scotland in a central role.

You do realise that Southampton and Scotland have different players yes?

2 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

I find you hard to understand full stop.   I bet you're tremendous at the phonetic alphabet though.     I always think....'you've made the effort speaking to the car parts company why not keep up your standard when dealing with the general public'?   

Just now, RandomGuy. said:

you've absolutely zero opinion or intelligence

When you're attempts ,

Chuckling at the irony of saying I have "zero intelligence" then writing that. 

Just now, RandomGuy. said:

you simply double down and start trying a different route, rather than having a proper discussion about things.

If I'm going a "different route" then I'm hardly "doubling down" am I?

2 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

As I say, you've gone down the PB route of just slating folk because you've absolutely zero opinion or intelligence of your own.

When you're attempts at it show you're talking shite, you simply double down and start trying a different route, rather than having a proper discussion about things.

A grown man, trying to troll the quietest part of an anonymous football forum. The mind boggles.

Let's be honest here.   Have you ever met a genuinely intelligent mechanic?   

5 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

If I'm going a "different route" then I'm hardly "doubling down" am I?

You've gone from claiming Armstrong can't play CM because hes solely played on the right wing for Southampton, to claiming his CM appearance was actually on the left wing despite clear evidence, to, hilariously, tagging folk to try and get some help. All because you're absolutely desperate to try and rip the pish out someone for wanting Armstrong central, as you seem to think its your "thing" to storm around this part of the site calling people out for their opinions.

As I say, you don't have any constructive thoughts, or you could've quite easily had a debate about the strengths/weaknesses of having Armstrong in that role instead of this mess.

Edited by RandomGuy.

7 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

You've gone from claiming Armstrong can't play CM because hes solely played on the right wing for Southampton, to claiming his CM appearance was actually on the left wing despite clear evidence, to, hilariously, tagging folk to try and get some help. All because you're absolutely desperate to try and rip the pish out someone for wanting Armstrong central, as you seem to think its your "thing" to storm around this part of the site calling people out for their opinions.

As I say, you don't have any constructive thoughts, or you could've quite easily had a debate about the strengths/weaknesses of having Armstrong in that role instead of this mess.

The mistake your making is even bothering to engage.

16 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Personally I'd play Armstrong wide right currently. Forrest hasn't been in great form and we have lots of options at centre mid.

Although Armstrong himself considers centre mid his strongest position. 

The breakthrough at celtic for him was switching from playing wide to playing centre mid. Where he was able to produce better performances. 

The fact he's playing well in what he considers to be his weaker of the 2 positions shows what an excellent versatile player he is.

Edited by BingMcCrosby

24 minutes ago, BingMcCrosby said:

Personally I'd play Armstrong wide right currently. Forrest hasn't been in great form and we have lots of options at centre mid.

Although Armstrong himself considers centre mid his strongest position. 

The breakthrough at celtic for him was switching from playing wide to playing centre mid. Where he was able to produce better performances. 

The fact he's playing well in what he considers to be his weaker of the 2 positions shows what an excellent versatile player he is.

1 hour ago, Marshmallo said:

Tell me the last time Armstrong played in a central two?

Tell me the last time Palmer played right wing back?

Tell me the last time Dykes played with a strike partner at a level above Scottish Championship?

I posted why your team was horse shit and you just replied saying Armstrong is "an effective CM" like you're my assistant giving me transfer advice on FM 2007 😂

Completely spot on, especially on the point of Dykes. The guy’s only experience of playing in a front 2 was with a poor QoS side 

4 hours ago, craigkillie said:

McBurnie would be as well just saying he can't be fucked and retiring, save us all the pantomime stuff.

Does he have a history of pulling out of squads? I can’t recall him pulling out of many but dunno if I’m just misremembering.

54 minutes ago, eez-eh said:

Does he have a history of pulling out of squads? I can’t recall him pulling out of many but dunno if I’m just misremembering.

From what I can see McBurnie has missed 4 out of 11 squads since his debut... no idea if that would be considered above average though. He was injured for September 2018 (Belgium/Albania) and October 2019 (Russia/San Marino) and I don't think he was called up for the June 2019 games. (Cyprus/Belgium) The video where he says that getting called up for Scotland is shit (or something similar to that) probably doesn't help when he does pulls out of a squad though.