Scotland v Israel

Smokerson

Guest DAVIDB69
griffiths needs to get a grip man we need him for these playoffs big time. If he fecks it up again surely his time is running out .

Also thats got to be it for mcburnie noo .

Griffiths time has been and gone we have to move on now.

Guest DAVIDB69
'Been and gone'
Boy has just turned 30. It's not like we're well equipped in the striking department.

We are absolutely not and until we get equipped in the striking department we just wont go anywhere.

Unfortunately it has been the weakest part of the side since kenny miller days and we have never had anyone good enough to address it.

5 hours ago, G51 said:

Thinking about this again in the afternoon, if you're going with Dykes up front (and it has to be Dykes, Burke doesn't have the discipline to adhere to tactical instructions in a knockout game) then you have to play a game built around his strengths: Direct passes into him, runners moving beyond him, those players need to be good finishers not afraid to hit a shot.

So that means McGinn and Armstrong behind him, right?

Now here's the problem: can we play Tierney at RB in this system? He'll get forward of course, but is he going to give us the width and stretch the pitch to create gaps in the defence? Will he get crosses into the box? Is that something a right footed player like Palmer would do better? I don't think we'll be able to answer that question until we see them play and by then it's too late.

Your three in the middle then are there to screen ball splayed through feet to the Israeli strikers, and therefore hiding the weakness of our team a little. That's McTominay for sure, then probably two of Jack, Fleck and McGregor.

I don't think Gallagher can start given his form for Motherwell, so it's Cooper and McKenna.

Don't envy Clarke, this is a difficult squad to build a team out of.  We should probably calibrate our expectations accordingly.

My team:

scotlandisrael-1fa9ccb2594453aaf33abaf72

Dykes will have the ability to adapt to any system tbh. He's done the business everywhere he's been. 

I can't wait for folks to watch him and not be blinded by him in Livi colours :D 

1 minute ago, DAVIDB69 said:

We are absolutely not and until we get equipped in the striking department we just wont go anywhere.

Unfortunately it has been the weakest part of the side since kenny miller days and we have never had anyone good enough to address it.

Kenny Miller and Steven Fletcher were miles ahead of our current striking options.   I'm not too hopeful about the national team despite having some excellent players, as sadly they play the same positions.   

If I was rating our team where 1=San Marino standard and 10 is Brazil 1970.   

GK  

RB   CB    CB   LB   

DCM  DCM  

AMR  AMC  AML  

CF

GK about a 5/10 very average.  
RB  6/10 because he's out of position.  
CB's   4/10  
LB  8/10  
DCM 7/10
AMR 7/10
AMC 7/10
AML  7/10
CF   3/10  

6 minutes ago, greenockraver said:

is anyone up to date on how young jack harper is doing in spain ? 

A quick search on the Google says he was on loan in the second division last season, playing 13 games but sadly failing to score.

Would expect him to be in U21s squad at the next get together.

5 hours ago, Marshmallo said:

McGregor is in the top two players in Scotland and would be a top performers for about 14 of the teams in The Barclays.

I know you are a big fan of McGregor but I don’t see it mate. I think he’s a very good player in the Premier League but doesn’t do it consistently enough at International or Champions League level.

I also think if he was going to be the best player for 14 teams down south then given they are cash rich there would surely have been offers by now. And I mean our with Notts County.

Hopefully I am proved wrong and he’s brilliant against Israel and moves to Wolves and becomes their best player.

is anyone up to date on how young jack harper is doing in spain ? 
Barely heard anything since he got injured around November.
Must be back at Getafe now after the loan but that's two seemingly significant injuries in his career already.
He was on some Spanish/Scottish football podcast during lockdown but I don't speak Spanish so don't know exactly what's happened with him.

9 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

I know you are a big fan of McGregor but I don’t see it mate. I think he’s a very good player in the Premier League but doesn’t do it consistently enough at International or Champions League level.

I also think if he was going to be the best player for 14 teams down south then given they are cash rich there would surely have been offers by now. And I mean our with Notts County.

Hopefully I am proved wrong and he’s brilliant against Israel and moves to Wolves and becomes their best player.

The 5th best team in England keep trying to sign him.    

2 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Was there ever an official bid though or was it only the Daily Record wanting Rodgers to want to sign him ??

Yes and I don't think the interest has ever went away.   McGregor was one of the ones Neil Lennon was talking about potentially wanting away last Friday.  

This from 2 days ago.   https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/celtic-fans-left-disappointed-latest-4469724

5 minutes ago, Beth Paige-Black said:

Yes and I don't think the interest has ever went away.   McGregor was one of the ones Neil Lennon was talking about potentially wanting away last Friday.  

This from 2 days ago.   https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/celtic-fans-left-disappointed-latest-4469724

Cheers. Be a good move for him and Scotland when you see how Tierney and Armstrong have progressed with better training, sports science etc.

He should move ASAP.

The formation won't change it will be 4231

McLaughlin

Palmer Gallagher McKenna Robertson

Mctominay McGregor

Forrest             McGinn          Armstrong

Dykes