Coronavirus and the Scottish Championship

4 minutes ago, rb123! said:

But Dundee are currently the 15th placed team in Scottish Football  so you still wouldn't end up in a restructured Premiership in August or whenever it starts. 

What exactly is Nelms logic?

Is it beyond the realms of possibility that Nelms is just looking to improve Scottish football? Goes back to his original interview when he first joined that he just can't understand that the marketing of Scottish football always focuses on the negatives.

Who am I kidding? I have no idea but I love that Nelms is the evil genius figure in all this.

That Nelms 14 top tier is a bit fishy when you consider he has been in direct contact with Scott Gardiner whos team is Inverness and as a result of reconstruction would end up in the Prem next year.

Hhhmmmmmmm.......

Partick Thistle & Inverness not coming out of this well at all. 

Dundee remains to be seen what their motivation is, if they can get reconstruction from it that doesn't even be fit them then you have to respect it. 

Edited by itzdrk
Be fit = benefit

Dundee remains to be seen what their motivation is, if they can get reconstruction from it that doesn't even be fit them then you have to respect it. 
Really, Pray tell why Partick Thistle aren't coming out of this well, and why the hell they would vote for it.
All ears, take your time.

12 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

Yeah. Dundee are the shining light here. All they need to do is declare their original vote. If they back track they will be even more of a laughing stock than they are now. The silence is deafening. 

7 minutes ago, John Lambies Doos said:

Really, Pray tell why Partick Thistle aren't coming out of this well, and why the hell they would vote for it.
All ears, take your time.

Never said anything about how they voted, pipe doon wee sacks (they were always going to vote no and I have no issue with that). 

This tweet sums up the rest for me

A bad look. 

5 minutes ago, theundisputedvoiceofreason said:

Yeah. Dundee are the shining light here. All they need to do is declare their original vote. If they back track they will be even more of a laughing stock than they are now. The silence is deafening. 

If they obtain something closer to what we all want from this that doesn't even benefit them greatly (by doing so also not negatively impacting anyone) what is wrong with that?  

If so - good on them. 

If not - a terrible look in with Partick and Inverness. 

Just now, theundisputedvoiceofreason said:

Enlighten me. What is Nelms master plan? Is he a genius or an idiot? 

Well I obviously do not know but apparently... they are trying to get a 14 team top flight. 

If not and they are just in it for themselves as I said very bad look. 

The tweets came out at 2:06pm (It tells you when you click on the tweet) - Literally seconds before Gardiner started to refer to them on air with quotations lifted. Seems a bit suspect.

ETA: Wrong thread - There's a few divisional versions of this thread.

Edited by Speroni*1

1 hour ago, itzdrk said:

^^seething

Ayr fans have been seething since McCall left them for a bigger club. The fact that their club voted in favour of this corrupt, vile and bullying tactic to end the season while they are in the play off places shows how a diddy club has diddy ambition. They are shit scared of promotion. Will always be a shitty little club.

If somebody from the Championship was going to hold the balance of power, it really has to be someone other than Partick or Inverness. Although it looks like Dundee are complicit in this, it’s just as likely that the Dundee received a call after the 3 no votes were received and that we are being used as a pawn to stop the whole thing breaking down. 

I have been a Dundee fan long enough to know that we don’t do well as favourite, and that having a 14 team SPFL is  no reason to believe we would wine the Championship that’s left behind. It might increase our odds, but I can’t really see that that is in our interest. 

2 hours ago, Highlandmagyar 2nd Tier said:

Ayr fans have been seething since McCall left them for a bigger club. The fact that their club voted in favour of this corrupt, vile and bullying tactic to end the season while they are in the play off places shows how a diddy club has diddy ambition. They are shit scared of promotion. Will always be a shitty little club.

Look at the nick of this one. 

The "Nelms might be a genius" theory is somewhat undermined by his complete failure at everything he has tried to do since coming to Dundee.

International games, new stadium, getting on and shaking up the SPFL board, appointing any decent managers, keeping Dundee in the top league.

The only difference between him and the Marrs or Melville is he can sustain the failures financially.

That said good luck to him. He has a chance now to try something interesting.

5 minutes ago, invergowrie arab said:

The "Nelms might be a genius" theory is somewhat undermined by his complete failure at everything he has tried to do since coming to Dundee.

International games, new stadium, getting on and shaking up the SPFL board, appointing any decent managers, keeping Dundee in the top league.

The only difference between him and the Marrs or Melville is he can sustain the failures financially.

That said good luck to him. He has a chance now to try something interesting.

Maybe.

But until that's confirmed, I'm choosing to view him as cigaring his way to being the most suave owner around. And facts are unlikely to change this as it's boring as hell otherwise.