Coronavirus and the Scottish Championship

8 hours ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Not sure what age you are but we had 14 team leagues on the basis of your option 3 for more than a decade and it worked ok. Not ideal but there wasnt a massive groundswell against them either. Of course they werent in the top division.

Personally I dont want a 14 team league back either but the notion that they 'dont work' isnt really true.

I was around in those days and long before them , I said it would only work if they played 3 times , my point was that the ugly sisters , hearts and Hibs etc would start their moaning if they had to visit their derby teams twice 

I think I speak for all of us in saying that if reconstruction does indeed keep Partick Thistle up then we expect, nay DEMAND, that the fixture computer starts next season with Partick Thistle v Dundee. 

If reconstruction does not happen then Hearts or ICT to play Dundee first please. 

Thanks in advance. 🙂

Just now, Skyline Drifter said:

I think I speak for all of us in saying that if reconstruction does indeed keep Partick Thistle up then we expect, nay DEMAND, that the fixture computer starts next season with Partick Thistle v Dundee. 

If reconstruction does not happen then Hearts or ICT to play Dundee first please. 

Thanks in advance. 🙂

I personally can't wait for the 'Thank you John Nelms' banner from Partick Thistle fans if that does happen.

2 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Thanks in advance. 🙂

😊

I'd hope that we'd tell them to shove their reconstruction, but I'm sure we'd take it. 

3 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Thanks in advance. 🙂

^^^kens nobody is interested in the Queenies 😉

10 minutes ago, johnnydun said:

I personally can't wait for the 'Thank you John Nelms' banner from Partick Thistle fans if that does happen.

It’s more likely to be a ritual burning of the Star Spangled Banner tbqh

2 hours ago, Speroni*1 said:

In other news, Les Gray has announced Sky MUST have 4 OF games per season. How do we work that into a 14 team league?

You don't

One and only league reconstruction meeting will be along the lines of: "We can't make any modifications to the leagues because Sky need to show 4 OF games, that conlcudes the league reconstruction discussion.....ANYWAY moving on"

Makes your decision to vote yes even more baffling IMO because i think the majoriry of realistic fans who don't support one of the affected teams know reconstruction will get nowhere because of:

1. New Sky TV deal

2. 11/1 Premiership approval vote required.

That's a modified version of the self serving shit that told us Rangers must be saved and assisted at all costs.

Lots of wee clubs have had a nice boost in income owing to a visit from Sevco since they were saved. On their way up through the leagues, in the cups and now in the SPL at St Johnstone.

You might not like it, I don’t like it, but it’s true.

3 minutes ago, Fifespud said:

Lots of wee clubs have had a nice boost in income owing to a visit from Sevco since they were saved. On their way up through the leagues, in the cups and now in the SPL at St Johnstone.

You might not like it, I don’t like it, but it’s true.

Is that all it's about?

I could equally argue we were penalised, having to play a club of that size in the play-offs.

40 minutes ago, jagfox99 said:

^^^kens nobody is interested in the Queenies 😉

And yet supports them anyway.

Imagine supporting a team for reasons other than thinking they matter to others.  Your towering insecurity is competing with the relegation itself in terms of comedy value.

Essentially, Dundee have managed to reach an agreement on discussions around reconstruction, even though that was probably going to happen in the first place, and it looks incredibly unlikely that anything will be voted through anyway.

On top of that they’ve managed to attract the ire of several clubs for being the ones with the final vote despite there being another 30-odd clubs having voted the same way as them.

They've achieved next to f**k all and it’s amazing seeing so many of their fans trying to paint it any other way.