Coronavirus and the Scottish Championship

8 minutes ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

It'll most likely be 14-10-10-10. Two teams up to the Prem, Championship, League One and League Two, and teams angry about premature relegations will be safe. I see this having a benefit for all personally, including Dundee both in the short-term and the long-term.

I get the concerns on timing, but I suppose we'll just have to agree to disagree on that one.

That's just one proposal though. Sevco or Celtic could put in some pish about having their 'B Team' put directly in to League 2 or they'd refuse to vote for it for example. What if Premiership clubs decide they don't want 11th to be in a playoff any longer? And so on. It just takes one club to be greedy arseholes and it could all collapse or, worse, get pushed through by desperate clubs.

Edited by DA Baracus

18 minutes ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

Reconstruction benefits Dundee in both the short and long term. This is factual. If it didn't, Dundee would not be fighting for it.

Reconstruction, however, also benefits the vast majority of Scottish football teams. I completely disagree with you on timing, I think it's the perfect time, particularly in terms of stopping teams being punished when they would not have necessarily deserved it due to the pandemic.

That is just a throw away statement with absolutely no evidence to back it up. You don't even know what reconstruction would mean or look like yet, let alone be able to claim that it would benefit the vast majority of teams.

Edited by Diamonds are Forever

5 minutes ago, VictorOnopko said:

Pray for Dundee FC at this time when the actions of others have "put Dundee FC in a position to receive criticism and undue torment".  They are true martyrs for the cause of a better world.

tears.gif

You're lucky we're sparing even a single thought about diddy teams like yours at all.

1 minute ago, Eckauskas said:

Just so I'm up to date, how are Dundee fans feeling about their board helping declare Dundee United as champions?

Smug?

Ask them next season when your posting regularly in this forum.

30 minutes ago, VictorOnopko said:

Pray for Dundee FC at this time when the actions of others have "put Dundee FC in a position to receive criticism and undue torment".  They are true martyrs for the cause of a better world.

tears.gif

A directors 17 year old son being found on FB and details of what school he's at being passed around Rangers supporters is undue torment IMO.

14 minutes ago, Eckauskas said:

I'll be sure to ask you for any info on this forum, though. 

You've been down here long enough.

Too long.  But at least when we got relegated I didn’t bitch and moan about it.