Coronavirus and the Scottish Championship

14 minutes ago, The DA said:

I wasn't aware either.  A bit suspect of Dele to bring it up in this context - stinks a bit of what rangers do with Celtic.

Before this (almost immediately) become ultra tedious point scoring stuff from either side, can I politely request that the issue is discussed in the relevant thread (Dundee United one) and that this one is left to discuss the topic at hand please?

Edited by DA Baracus

3 minutes ago, The DA said:

In bad taste to bring it up in this context though.

Mentioning there is a case coming against your club - whilst the discussion is about lawyers - is bad taste? 

It's not my problem that you don't know what's going on at your club and I've had to explain it out. If it has offended you, then I apologise.

This is the last I'll be saying on the matter. 

Instead of increasing the top flight by 2, how about they do away with the play offs and increase the automatic relegations to 2.

Increase championship to 12, same format as SPL, and two automatic relegations. Could include a relegation play off in addition if you wish.

L1 and L2 remain the same but with 2 automatic promotions and relegations. Kelty and Brora admitted to L2, again could include a play off.

Losers in this would be hearts, and teams currently in 2nd, 3rd and 4th place in Championship, L1 and L2, although a playoff didnt guarantee you promotion anyway, but there is a guaranteed increase in movement between leagues come the end of the following season and beyond, and retains the top flight status quo in terms of a tv deal.

Just my thoughts, but increasing the movement of clubs between leagues increases the variety of opposition for fans each season.

6 minutes ago, champions said:

Instead of increasing the top flight by 2, how about they do away with the play offs and increase the automatic relegations to 2.

Increase championship to 12, same format as SPL, and two automatic relegations. Could include a relegation play off in addition if you wish.

L1 and L2 remain the same but with 2 automatic promotions and relegations. Kelty and Brora admitted to L2, again could include a play off.

Losers in this would be hearts, and teams currently in 2nd, 3rd and 4th place in Championship, L1 and L2, although a playoff didnt guarantee you promotion anyway, but there is a guaranteed increase in movement between leagues come the end of the following season and beyond, and retains the top flight status quo in terms of a tv deal.

Just my thoughts, but increasing the movement of clubs between leagues increases the variety of opposition for fans each season.

The Premiership/Championship play-offs are fantastic entertainment. Any proposal getting rid of them should be fired into the sun IMO.

1 hour ago, Pull My Strings said:

That's not right. The time limit is specified in the Articles of Association; 28 days is the default position if the Articles are silent.

Is it? Ok, fair enough, thanks for the correction. Pretty unusual for Articles to specifically cover time limits, esp if its only to say what the Act already does anyway.

4 minutes ago, Dee Man said:

The Premiership/Championship play-offs are fantastic entertainment. Any proposal getting rid of them should be fired into the sun IMO.

How many teams have won promotion through the playoff system? Sure its good entertainment, until you get papped out.  Would you not rather take an automatic promotion spot? I know I would.

30 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Before this (almost immediately) become ultra tedious point scoring stuff from either side, can I politely request that the issue is discussed in the relevant thread (Dundee United one) and that this one is left to discuss the topic at hand please?

On the contrary, this has effectively been a Dundee thread since Friday. Everyone else is just along for the ride.

Edited by RossBFaeDundee

2 minutes ago, champions said:

How many teams have won promotion through the playoff system? Sure its good entertainment, until you get papped out.  Would you not rather take an automatic promotion spot? I know I would.

2: Hamilton and Livingston.

5 minutes ago, champions said:

Win the league then. Or make it 2 automatic promotions + a play off. I don't know but there's no way the play-offs should be binned. 

3 minutes ago, rb123! said:

Another SPFL meeting at 1700 tonight in the hope Dundee will have made a decision by then.

SPFL getting pissed off with Dundee dithering about apparently, will probably be told to hurry the f**k up I imagine

They can say what they like. We've still got 20+ days to decide. 

1 hour ago, bad chad said:

You can't move for QC's at Firhill - we'll be able to get someone to do it pro bono. 

And if not, we'll just get the Weir estate to cover it. 

Don't know about the QC but the other guy, Ross Anderson, was a company law lecturer at Glasgow back when I did the LL.B. I always thought he was a Hibs fan.

Just now, rainbowrising said:

A joke if we do that.  The options are few - this discussion around league structures and that is it. 

That's it? That is a massive discussion about the future shape of the game. 

Another SPFL meeting at 1700 tonight in the hope Dundee will have made a decision by then.

SPFL getting pissed off with Dundee dithering about apparently, will probably be told to hurry the f**k up I imagine
Ask us to a meeting at 5PM you say?

We'll be there when we fucking want.

11 minutes ago, Dee Man said:

Win the league then. Or make it 2 automatic promotions + a play off. I don't know but there's no way the play-offs should be binned. 

So if Dundee ever finish 2nd you'd rather have a playoff than automatic promotion? Fair enough, each to their own

3 minutes ago, champions said:

So if Dundee ever finish 2nd you'd rather have a playoff than automatic promotion? Fair enough, each to their own

If we knew that at the start of the season, then failed to win the league, then aye, obviously.