Coronavirus and the Scottish Championship

3 minutes ago, jagfox99 said:

I'll swiftly and decisively boot yer baws m9. Thank you.

Trust me, I personally sympathise with the majority of the Partick support in this shite situation. I'm just not taking cheek from those moaning about us though.

34 minutes ago, DiegoDiego said:
1 hour ago, TrebleTwenty said:
A Partick fan, calling other clubs dregs. The irony. These clubs are well run & do wonders for their communities. Stop crying & suck it up.

I have sucked it up, read my previous post. You were obviously the dregs of your comprehension class.

Still crying though. I heard Spar are well stocked up in tissues.

4 minutes ago, theundisputedvoiceofreason said:

The statement was all about retaining a sense of decency during the crisis. Let's call it the moral high ground. A place that few clubs can aspire too.  No matter what PTFC will come through it. 

I have never liked the moral high ground, it gives me vertigo.

Fortunately I rarely find myself there.

Guest Flash

Thistle might have been better taking legal advice and asking the SPFL for clarification on the points they raised and saying that was what they had done rather than publicising the Opinion they got. Publicising it made it look like they were willing to take it further. If they had kept quiet, they could have decided what to do after the response from the SPFL and taking more advice if necessary. Then they wouldn’t have needed to have a climbdown. 

14 minutes ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

Trust me, I personally sympathise with the majority of the Partick support in this shite situation. I'm just not taking cheek from those moaning about us though.

Yup. Both clubs have performed a volte face over recent days.

The Thistle position is not a "climb-down".

The purpose of the legal advice was to establish whether the SPFL should, as it were "move on" to other proposals. Once Dundee made clear they would vote for the existing proposal, that point became moot. It is not that the advice was wrong, but that its implications were much diminished.

50 minutes ago, Speroni*1 said:

Enjoy League 1. Bottle bags.

In other news, Les Gray has announced Sky MUST have 4 OF games per season. How do we work that into a 14 team league?

Pretty easily. You can have 14 teams with either a 6/8, 7/7 or 8/6 split and have 4 OF games.

2 hours ago, Fifespud said:

There are 18 teams averaging over 2000 fans a game in Scotland. There are 13 teams averaging over 4000 a game with Falkirk averaging a creditable 3700 at the top of league 1. These 18 clubs or so are operating on a different model to the rest, if one of those clubs disappears a large chunk of those fans will disappear. The revenue that would be lost in such an event would never be recouped and would result in ever decreasing circles for the rest. I’d argue the structure of our game must be designed to support these clubs.

That's a modified version of the self serving shit that told us Rangers must be saved and assisted at all costs.

So, in 2016 Hearts owner Ann Budge was arguing for less teams in the SPFL - her argument was that there having 42 clubs in the SPFL was too many.

Fast forward 4 years and with Hearts facing relegation Ann Budge changes here position and thinks we need more teams in the Premier league - interesting.

I have always been in favour of having more clubs in the Premier League - but Hearts only want a new set up to save them from relegation - if Hearts were sitting in the top 4 or mid table does anyone really believe Ann Budge would be in favour of league reconstruction  - I think we all know the answer to that.

5 minutes ago, clashcityrocker said:

if Hearts were sitting in the top 4 or mid table does anyone really believe Ann Budge would be in favour of league reconstruction  - I think we all know the answer to that.

No of course they wouldn't, but they would be swapped with whoever else would be at the bottom and that team would then be driving for reconstruction. 

I think all clubs need to look at it like if it was them in that position.

30 minutes ago, theundisputedvoiceofreason said:

The statement was all about retaining a sense of decency during the crisis. Let's call it the moral high ground. A place that few clubs can aspire too.  No matter what PTFC will come through it. 

Thistle did not vote for the interests of Scottish football. Like everyone else they voted for their own interests. They don't have any moral high ground and I'm astonished anyone would genuinely think they do.