Coronavirus and the Scottish Championship

What might be fun would be if Hearts were to be leading the Championship next April when a second wave of Covid-19 hits and the SPFL say 'we've thought about your 2020 argument and we find ourselves in agreement.  We're going to void the 20/21 season.  Hope you enjoy another year in the Championship.'

36 minutes ago, The DA said:

What might be fun would be if Hearts were to be leading the Championship next April when a second wave of Covid-19 hits and the SPFL say 'we've thought about your 2020 argument and we find ourselves in agreement.  We're going to void the 20/21 season.  Hope you enjoy another year in the Championship.'

Even funnier if Partick and Falkirk were either leading League One or in the playoff places. 😄

25 minutes ago, Snafu said:

Most clubs would react in the same manner including yours if your club was in a similar situation as most clubs if not all are self serving and dislike the idea that others might have an ,its part of having a competitive nature in a competitive sport. I've never come across a club that came out with a statement choosing words like 'after you' or 'we are quite happy to remain/be relegated in/from this league because is only fair on everyone else'.

There is nothing entirely fair about any outcome some will be happy some will be always be left shaking their fists at sky at the unfairness of it all.

I mean for my club not to be promoted was an outrage and clearly down to the Premiership clubs self interests especially Celtic for not wanting us in the league because we would hand them their own arses again when we feel like it.

What? Please tell me that I've read this wrong.

1 hour ago, Bairnardo said:
2 hours ago, Rudolph Hucker said:
I thought it would be quite a while before we saw another Scottish club issuing statements as pompous, posturing, self-serving and inaccurate as the drivel coming from TheRagers recently. Didn’t take long at all, though - yesterday’s statement from Falkirk and today’s from Partick are almost as bad. Sabre-rattling when all they have are toothpicks, and enough hot air to defrost a First Division pitch in January.
I think the boards of both clubs have seen an opportunity here to deflect the antagonism of their respective supports away from the mess that the boards, managers and teams have made of the last two or three seasons and are trying to create  a bit of siege mentality to get at least some of the disenchanted back on board. I haven’t gone downstairs to check the Falkirk forum - bugger that - but already you can see some of the Partick fans starting to circle the wagons and buy into what’s being peddled. Worse, they’re already speculating about which Championship club will die before fitba restarts, so that they can take their place........    Not nice. Maybe going forward they should change their mascot from the Coronavirus to a vulture.
Haven't even mentioned Hearts, Budge and that ridiculous outburst from Deans. Bugger them an’ all.

^^^Worse nick than either statement IMO.

1 hour ago, VladimirMooc said:

Absolute word salad. 1/10, would not read again. 

Given who you two support I'm not surprised at your posts. 

Can't help noticing though that you haven't tried to defend the indefensible. 

8 hours ago, Rudolph Hucker said:

Given who you two support I'm not surprised at your posts. 

Can't help noticing though that you haven't tried to defend the indefensible. 

Despite your repeated claims that you dont read the Falkirk thread, we both know that's bullshit. So I am sure you know my thoughts on Falkirks statement 

11 hours ago, Rudolph Hucker said:

I thought it would be quite a while before we saw another Scottish club issuing statements as pompous, posturing, self-serving and inaccurate as the drivel coming from TheRagers recently. Didn’t take long at all, though - yesterday’s statement from Falkirk and today’s from Partick are almost as bad. Sabre-rattling when all they have are toothpicks, and enough hot air to defrost a First Division pitch in January.
I think the boards of both clubs have seen an opportunity here to deflect the antagonism of their respective supports away from the mess that the boards, managers and teams have made of the last two or three seasons and are trying to create  a bit of siege mentality to get at least some of the disenchanted back on board. I haven’t gone downstairs to check the Falkirk forum - bugger that - but already you can see some of the Partick fans starting to circle the wagons and buy into what’s being peddled. Worse, they’re already speculating about which Championship club will die before fitba restarts, so that they can take their place........    Not nice. Maybe going forward they should change their mascot from the Coronavirus to a vulture.

Haven't even mentioned Hearts, Budge and that ridiculous outburst from Deans. Bugger them an’ all.

Sanctimonious AND TEAR-STAINED. 

Quite the achievement. 

Edited by bad chad
Spelling

2 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

Despite your repeated claims that you dont read the Falkirk thread, we both know that's bullshit. So I am sure you know my thoughts on Falkirks statement 

Nope, you're entirely wrong. Haven't looked at any League One thread since about the end of August. Not interested. 

ETA:  No, I’m wrong there. I did have a look at your thread in the immediate aftermath of “Super Ray” gettIng bagged, just to see what the reaction to his disastrous reign was. That was fun. Since then, though - nada.

Edited by Rudolph Hucker

15 hours ago, jagsfan57 said:

Unless Hearts fans decide to boycott the championship clubs that voted to end the season

Stating the obvious here but Hearts fans problems lie with the board, holding on to Levein as manager as long as they did was their downfall.

If they’re stupid enough to do this I would hope fans of all the other clubs would reciprocate.
That way the other clubs would miss out on away receipts one game in ten and Hearts would miss out every game.

Collectively the other clubs would lose out by a whole lot more than Hearts. I am guessing that Hearts would take 2,000 to each game, depending on capacity at away grounds. Where as the average away support to Tynecastle would be about 4-500 per game

Just now, jagsfan57 said:

Collectively the other clubs would lose out by a whole lot more than Hearts. I am guessing that Hearts would take 2,000 to each game, depending on capacity at away grounds. Where as the average away support to Tynecastle would be about 4-500 per game

You’re arithmetic is shite.  Try again and if you can’t work it out I’ll help you.

29 minutes ago, jagsfan57 said:

I haven't seen 2,000 Hearts supporters at Pittodrie since the finished 2nd in 1986. They would be around the 400-500 mark themselves. Maybe the last time round in the 2nd tier they took a little bit more but there was some bigger clubs in the league then like Newco and Hibs that would've made them feel that winning the Championship was an achievement. This time around, and no disrespect to the other teams, but they should be winning it unless their resources are seriously affected by the SNP's attempt to drive every club under...

2 minutes ago, jagsfan57 said:

By all means.
My arithmetic says 18 x 2000 = 36,000 vs
18 x 500 = 9,000

What’s wrong with that ?

Hearts lose 500 each home game.  500 x 18 = 9,000 as you rightly say.

A. N. Other club lose 2,000 x 2 home games = 4,000.

Do you get it now?

Alan Maitland, of Accies saying next season will kick off behind closed doors. If so we will certainly see clubs going to the wall.

Surely it’ll make no difference to Accies!?

Hearts lose 500 each home game.  500 x 18 = 9,000 as you rightly say.
A. N. Other club lose 2,000 x 2 home games = 4,000.
Do you get it now?

I said collectively.

However, 9000 for Hearts is maybe the equivalent of 1 game. For most clubs in the 1st division 4,000 is the equivalent of 2 games.

But let’s take one club as an example

Alloa take day 200 to a game at Tynecastle. That equates to about 2% of their attendance. I have used 10,000 as an average, which I imagine will be on the low side.
Hearts take 1,000 to Alloa cause away capacity is reduced. Alloa’s average gate is 1,000 - so they are losing out on almost 10% of there income over 2 games with Hearts.

It will be different club by club.

I haven't seen 2,000 Hearts supporters at Pittodrie since the finished 2nd in 1986. They would be around the 400-500 mark themselves. Maybe the last time round in the 2nd tier they took a little bit more but there was some bigger clubs in the league then like Newco and Hibs that would've made them feel that winning the Championship was an achievement. This time around, and no disrespect to the other teams, but they should be winning it unless their resources are seriously affected by the SNP's attempt to drive every club under...

I was basing 2,000 on the number Hearts brought to Firhill in the few seasons we were in the same league. The main stand was full every time, even the season they got relegated.
Maybe they just don’t like going to Aberdeen or the game was on the TV or at a ridiculous time ?

Are you really trying to say that Hearts don’t take more fans to matches than Dunfermline, Morton etc ?

14 minutes ago, stewartyftd1 said:

United are taking 1500-2k away fans each game at the moment so not much difference.

United brought 712 and 691 to the two games at Palmerston this season.

When Hearts were last in this division their two visiting crowds were 2,765 and 2,584.

There's a difference. A BIG difference.