Lockdown Achievements

7 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

If the metal is so thin that a dog running into it will break it I doubt it will be suitable for welding.

3 minutes ago, bennett said:

Must be some size of a dug , probably best to get a new chair as it probably won't hold. 

It was pretty solid but Renton hit it at some pace. Now makes a good stick in his opinion:

8281FA4D-0776-4A49-95BF-FBEE951FC909.jpeg

3 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:

It was pretty solid but Renton hit it at some pace. Now makes a good stick in his opinion:

If that dog could speak the words would be “aye, so what”.

Scalped the 5 year old with my beard trimmer. That was long and fun.
Reason he cried #539 I had to cut around his ears with scissors and he did not want scissors just trimmer.
After pic with hair trimmed (before I scissored the bit around ears)
He also willingly went for a shower, 5 years it has taken to persuade him showers are better than baths.

Also made chicken wings with a homemade Chinese BBQ glaze.
No pics as the did not last longreceived_242314893799927.jpegreceived_979340192482576.jpeg

32 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:

No easy welding that if it’s cast, need to take that to a competent welder. Need the right rods and probably needs pre heated so it doesn’t crack when it cools 

5 hours ago, Granny Danger said:

This proved harder that I thought.  Not enough drainage points and a pretty flat surface meant the water and dirt was gathering and lying.  So not perfect but a big improvement.

E177D930-7EEB-4451-A335-67469E03F70C.thumb.jpeg.5299dccc02907102f5aa653195778e32.jpeg

6525E548-88F9-4B43-8271-D06FC86BFF8A.thumb.jpeg.199294fd32bc8cc8c78f9c8565a4fee9.jpeg

Aye it's amazing what the sun can do for a photo, right enough.

58 minutes ago, weirdcal said:

Scalped the 5 year old with my beard trimmer. That was long and fun.
Reason he cried #539 I had to cut around his ears with scissors and he did not want scissors just trimmer.
After pic with hair trimmed (before I scissored the bit around ears)
He also willingly went for a shower, 5 years it has taken to persuade him showers are better than baths.

Also made chicken wings with a homemade Chinese BBQ glaze.
No pics as the did not last longreceived_242314893799927.jpegreceived_979340192482576.jpeg

Mrs P just didn’t some personal grooming in the bath and the plug hole resembled than pan of hair.

Good work on the wee man - always loved getting a good scalping like that. Instantly feel about 50% more macho.

Mrs P just didn’t some personal grooming in the bath and the plug hole resembled than pan of hair.
Good work on the wee man - always loved getting a good scalping like that. Instantly feel about 50% more macho.
Ooft.
Nothing worse than clearing someone else's hair from the drain.

He had a fair head of hair at the time. Was driving the wife daft.

I, however, have decided until I go back to work in the office am not cutting it, see how mad it gets

15 minutes ago, HeartsOfficialMoaner said:

You need to clean it first with fungicidal stuff using power wash or the stain might not penetrate the wood and instead sit on top then it will start peeling off. 

Already done the prepping.

1 minute ago, Granny Danger said:

Already done the prepping.

If you are confident you have prepped it properly then just get it started but as D.A.F.C says it is something you need to keep on top of. You need to coat it every couple of years. 

I used a stain from Jotun Demidekk on some decking last year, a bit expensive but they are very good.

2 minutes ago, HeartsOfficialMoaner said:

If you are confident you have prepped it properly then just get it started but as D.A.F.C says it is something you need to keep on top of. You need to coat it every couple of years. 

I used a stain from Jotun Demidekk on some decking last year, a bit expensive but they are very good.

The house is going on the market next year, I was going to wait until then but the extension to the lockdown is too good an opportunity to miss.  Want it too look better than it is but still leave it manageable for the next owner.

52 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

This is my next project.  Should I stain it or just wait for the sun to come out?

A068E2AA-CA44-41DC-9481-9DF9DF10096A.thumb.jpeg.4e674ea9a8568dc7bff1981ea8816d0a.jpegF4B01F9D-FA53-4227-B341-E020893BC778.thumb.jpeg.01da48b71042ddc2fb71f97d9ec1730e.jpeg

Is that for the old yins across the wall Granny?

Well played sir, great sense of community spirit shown.

Ps I'd leave it as it is

1 minute ago, Granny Danger said:

The house is going on the market next year, I was going to wait until then but the extension to the lockdown is too good an opportunity to miss.  Want it too look better than it is but still leave it manageable for the next owner.

Fair enough but if you have prepped it then get stained as the prep work is the hardest bit. Don't prep it then leave it. 

A company called Osmo does a decking oil. You could have a look at that.