Lockdown Achievements

Not sure, but he’s just called to say he loves me.
I don't think he meant it from the bottom of his heart.

Oh, I've seen ruggy's post haircut pic on twitter. I'm going to have trouble sleeping tonight.

1 hour ago, HooseLee said:

Not a personal achievement but one we might all have contributed to.   With us all in doors and not leaving lots of food waste in bins etc, have seagull went back to fending for themselves? 

Our foodwaste is going to landfill for now. The seagulls will get it there, more than making up for the lack of boozers' detritus. 

3 hours ago, HooseLee said:

Not a personal achievement but one we might all have contributed to.   With us all in doors and not leaving lots of food waste in bins etc, have seagull went back to fending for themselves? 

One of the buggers went for me when I was eating a piece walking through the park last week. I have the suspicion urban gull numbers might be reduced as a result of less food to scaff being about 

2 hours ago, tamthebam said:

One of the buggers went for me when I was eating a piece walking through the park last week. I have the suspicion urban gull numbers might be reduced as a result of less food to scaff being about 

They might start buggering off to the coast again for a wee while at least... I'm near the coast in a small village.  They never used to come to the back garden but are starting to appear now.  I wonder if more of them will start turning to shop lifting...  or is that the the Doric gulls? 

11 hours ago, tamthebam said:

On a similar note I haven't been out at night due to lockdown but are there less foxes about?

I quite like foxes tbh, they're nicer than seagulls. 

I have a fox hole in my garden.  Despite living here for over six years I have seen no evidence of activity so I don’t know if it is still in use.  Would not try to block it up just in case.

Edited by Granny Danger

Spent a whole day shredding the contents of a filing cabinet and then turning them in to compressed paper bricks for the woodburner. Especially satisfying shredding the ex wifes lawyer letters demanding more money (a full 5 years after we were divorced). Knowing that it would have cost her a few quid to send and she received the square root of f**k all in return will make it even more enjoyable watching them burn.

Edited by Joe Terrapin

9 hours ago, tamthebam said:

On a similar note I haven't been out at night due to lockdown but are there less foxes about?

I quite like foxes tbh, they're nicer than seagulls. 

i reckon there's going to be a fox population boom that becomes increasingly apparent throughout the summer on the basis that usually at this time of year the roads are smeared with squashed cub every 200 yards or so; obviously far less traffic = far fewer fatalities; bin bag armageddon come June/July....