Lockdown Achievements

15 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

Ideally I want both, but the real benefit of a gas one is in the fact that I use it at least 3 x as often as I would a charcoal one. That more than makes up for any slight deficit in flavour for me. Theres ways round that too. You get plenty flames and smoke inside the hood from a gas one so you still get a smoky flavour. Gas is much more controllable too for using as more of an oven. 

As I say though, 1 day I will get a wee charcoal guy to have both on the go.

Sent from my office at Outback Barbecues

Ive got both, If you use Hickory chips for a gas bbq there is next to no difference.

Ive got both, If you use Hickory chips for a gas bbq there is next to no difference.
I do have a wee smoke box and some chips, not tried it yet though. As per other thread I am considering a charcoal smoker. That way I would be able to use as a charcoal bbq too aswell as hot and cold smoker.

16 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

Ideally I want both, but the real benefit of a gas one is in the fact that I use it at least 3 x as often as I would a charcoal one. That more than makes up for any slight deficit in flavour for me. Theres ways round that too. You get plenty flames and smoke inside the hood from a gas one so you still get a smoky flavour. Gas is much more controllable too for using as more of an oven. 

As I say though, 1 day I will get a wee charcoal guy to have both on the go.

Sent from my office at Outback Barbecues

I thought slavery had been abolished?

I am going to make a lamb tikka in slow cooker today, I found a recipe online that looked good but it stated that you use 5 ounces of various spices. This would be 140 grams so they would be between 3-4 spice jars of ground cumin and garam masala which seems a tad excessive for 600 grams of meat.

6 minutes ago, throbber said:

I am going to make a lamb tikka in slow cooker today, I found a recipe online that looked good but it stated that you use 5 ounces of various spices. This would be 140 grams so they would be between 3-4 spice jars of ground cumin and garam masala which seems a tad excessive for 600 grams of meat.

600 grams of meat slow cooked? 

Is this for the wean aye?

On 18/04/2020 at 22:24, weirdcal said:

Not so much achievement but cataloguing it in case.
Wife asked me earlier which one of her friends I would go with if I wasn't with her.
Avoided it by saying I wouldn't know them if it wasn't for her, then listed the single ones as they were single
apparently good answer
She has since decided to delve into past partners and timelines

So after the achievement of not causing chaos I am posting timeline, just incase I don't survive the night.

Women are crazy..

The correct answer here is all of them at the same time before asking the wife if she is any good with a camcorder.

5 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

600 grams of meat slow cooked? 

Is this for the wean aye?

the recipes says 900 grams for 6 people, I bought 2 x 300 grams of diced lamb which should suffice for 3 of us.

12 minutes ago, jagfox99 said:

Got TUPE'd and then made redundant* yesterday 🤷‍♂️

*this was planned so relatively painless. Not great timing looking for a new job mind you 🤔

Partick Thistle board is looking for an assassin.

If you are confused, and think you won, then the only thing we know for sure is that she won.

I got my hole at end of night after all that chat about which friend and past ladies
Ask her which of her friends she finds attractive.
Either that or she wants to set me up with one...
I'll go to with she was bored with lockdown and was watching too much shite TV where things like that came up and decided it was a conversation she wanted with me (she watches Kardashians and love island type shite)