The SPFL recommendation?

5 minutes ago, San Starko Rover said:

No one has been promoted or relegated yet. All that’s happened is the league tables have been declared final and 1st place declared as champions. There’s a very good chance any reconstruction will save Hearts, Partick and Stranraer from any relegation.

Capture13.PNG

I still believe for Ann budge to agree to work on a task force for reconstruction this will go ahead and league expansion will take place so 2 in eachleague will go up and no relegation. Because why would she agree to this when only a few days ago it was anti SPFL so can can see falkirk joining us

Just popping into these dingy wee seaside leagues to point and laugh at Falkirk FC and all of their vile playing staff for officially bottling the league title like the absolute fucking rabble you are. Thanks again for the £100k you gave us for McKinnon and we'll be back to point and laugh at you for getting stomped all over by Cove next season as well.

5140d5d5-385e-441b-bd11-dc3116a5eaac.thumb.jpg.9283de921264e9be344bab3e57839b72.jpg

d05646ed-d051-4d76-b7bc-bf6935431cca.thumb.jpg.ff6f82b2387629b08b699104a1056712.jpg

Edited by vikingTON

1 minute ago, basher brash said:

I still believe for Ann budge to agree to work on a task force for reconstruction this will go ahead and league expansion will take place so 2 in eachleague will go up and no relegation. Because why would she agree to this when only a few days ago it was anti SPFL so can can see falkirk joining us

Because she has no other realistic chance of stopping Hearts from getting relegated. That doesn't mean she is likely to do so now by setting up a committee that will require an 11-1 vote in the top flight (as well as votes in the other leagues) for its proposals to be implemented. As soon as Dundee wavered towards yes she had nothing left to lose.

36 minutes ago, TxRover said:

As decisions go, this one shafts more people than I expected. Stranraer have, IMHO, more of a complaint than Partick. Partick have been retched all year and just lost to the second bottom team a few days before the close...Stranraer have held to a number of draws recently and have a game in hand and a history of late season heroics. Hearts don’t have a leg to stand on.

With an entirely different squad. Not to mention the two league victories all season as @Diamonds are Forever has already correctly pointed out.

1 hour ago, SouthLanarkshireWhite said:

Apologies if asked answered but I have just seen the news.

Why would you choose Ann Budge who has massive skin in the game to head a committee? Surely she will not be looking at the best outcome, but the only outcomes that save Hearts?

Are they not the same thing? Unless there has been some form of reconstruction touted that still sees Hearts relegated?

I actually disagree with most of this [emoji23]

1. We weren't shafted

2. I wont be congratulating raith rovers as the whole season has not been completed, and I was confident we would have caught them, but a decision had to be made at some point which results in a team being promoted, with that team being raith.

3. Hearts, partick and stranraer dont deserve to be relegated, especially partick who had a game in hand. Yes they were bottom of the league, but there were still plenty of points to play for, and it's not their fault the season has come to an abrupt end.  I've no issue with the leagues being altered to prevent relegation, even for one season.

My only issue is that Raith have been declared champions despite there being a single point and us losing out in the home fixture. In that respect we have been shafted. I’d rather they were promoted than Partick staying up though. They were in relegation trouble last season despite budget so I don’t see how they deserve to stay up.

However I’m keen to understand what solution you had in mind that would have been fair to all parties?

One last point, if they have declared teams as relegated, is there a chance that three could go up this season which would be good news for Airdrie?

PS. Good as it would be I don’t expect it....

Just now, San Starko Rover said:

Ok now I’m confused, I thought it was just to settle the league places with relegation and promotion still to be dealt with

Well, no. The Dundee vote this evening was on the same resolution that was put in front of the clubs last week. That was pretty explicit about promotions and relegations. The restructuring task force is seperate to that, and not something that was voted on.

Dundee United, Rovers and Cove are going up, what could still change is whether Partick and Stranraer are going down and if anyone else comes up with us.

5 minutes ago, ribzanelli said:

Are they not the same thing? Unless there has been some form of reconstruction touted that still sees Hearts relegated?

Not in every circumstance. Any restructuring that takes place after the fixtures for next season have been agreed /after next season kicks off. What this means is they have a short window to come up with a solution that saves Hearts. So another rush job.

As I have said before - Clyde, Peterhead, Forfar and Cove should give 14,14,14 short shrift as we should not be pushed into the bottom division to save Hearts.

4 minutes ago, renton said:

Well, no. The Dundee vote this evening was on the same resolution that was put in front of the clubs last week. That was pretty explicit about promotions and relegations. The restructuring task force is seperate to that, and not something that was voted on.

Dundee United, Rovers and Cove are going up, what could still change is whether Partick and Stranraer are going down and if anyone else comes up with us.

If the top flight goes to 14 teams then Hearts will be safe and 2nd in the championship will also go up. Thistle would be safe and both Raith and Falkirk would go up. Stranraer would be safe with both Cove and Edinburgh City going up. I'd expect the SPFL to offer places 43 and 44 to the top placed team in the Highland and Lowland leagues.

Just now, BallochSonsFan said:

If the top flight goes to 14 teams then Hearts will be safe and 2nd in the championship will also go up. Thistle would be safe and both Raith and Falkirk would go up. Stranraer would be safe with both Cove and Edinburgh City going up. I'd expect the SPFL to offer places 43 and 44 to the top placed team in the Highland and Lowland leagues.

Agree with that, except that in order to get the ugly sisters on board I guarantee you positions 43 and 44 will be offered to their colt teams....