The SPFL recommendation?

2 hours ago, haufdaft said:

I'm getting the impression that teams untouched by this proposal don't care.

Although if there was any suggestion any change would effect their team negatively they would be outraged at it's unfairness.

No, I think it's more that folk are amused by your panic over having to play Elgin and Annan again. I don't think anybody thinks it has anything to do with greater values of fairness; the complaints would stop if the cut-off was moved from 7th to 8th and your big game was against Partick instead of Queen's Park again.

Reconstruction ought to have a season's notice and shouldn't happen, but they've done it before and couldn't care less what we think, so this is an enjoyable distraction from the realities of the SPFL running the game.

1 minute ago, DAFC. said:

Is extending the leagues to 14-10-10-10 not an option? Promoting the top two from each league, no relegations and promoting Brora and Kelty to the SPFL?

This is my preferred option, I think it would benefit Cowdenbeath to have Kelty in the same league for a derby.

2 minutes ago, BigFatTabbyDave said:

No, I think it's more that folk are amused by your panic over having to play Elgin and Annan again. I don't think anybody thinks it has anything to do with greater values of fairness; the complaints would stop if the cut-off was moved from 7th to 8th and your big game was against Partick instead of Queen's Park again.

Reconstruction ought to have a season's notice and shouldn't happen, but they've done it before and couldn't care less what we think, so this is an enjoyable distraction from the realities of the SPFL ruining the game.

FTFY 😉

54 minutes ago, sirscottyoung said:

Kelty saying they will take no payment next season to join the spfl so current clubs share the money and that's not a factor in their decisions. Wow.20200428_131103.jpeg

Really? Well I vote if we don't accept any prize money/hand it back so we can get parachuted straight into the SPL.

Incredible that Kelty have the gall to open a statement claiming to be believers of Sporting Integrity yet in the next breath be effectively offering to buy their place in the league.

I see it as them calling the bluff of the self-interested League 2 sides - no they have absolutely no way of falling back on "we can't afford more teams" which was one of the bullshit claims behind their awful 14-14-14-WHOCARES proposal.

41 minutes ago, haufdaft said:
1 hour ago, honestman54 said:
Tier 4 - LL and HL, tier 5 EOS, SOS and the new WOS leagues!!!!

Not if there's no relegation to the LL or HL leagues

Now that would be wrong and against the principle of the Pyramid.  It would be going backward.  That cannot happen.

Is extending the leagues to 14-10-10-10 not an option? Promoting the top two from each league, no relegations and promoting Brora and Kelty to the SPFL?

That’s what I would have went for but it’s become apparent that it wouldn’t get voted through as it brings an additional 2 teams into the league.

1 minute ago, AFC1878 said:

That’s what I would have went for but it’s become apparent that it wouldn’t get voted through as it brings an additional 2 teams into the league.

I still prefer 16-14-14 as I do think that four divisions are two small.

No team should be disavantaged by covid19 , the season should have been null and void, but you lot voted in favour of relegating teams, So do not expect any sympathy now
Since when did 7th become a relegation place?

The fairest way is 14-10-10-10 promoting the top two with no relegation.

41 minutes ago, monthe blues said:

why should some gain from covid19 and some dont ,is that fair

Would you care to put forward a proposal where this doesn't happen.

Show your working for full marks.

1 hour ago, honestman54 said:

I still prefer 16-14-14 as I do think that four divisions are two small.

There is literally 0 chance of a Scottish Premiership with any more than 14 teams. If you have a 16 team Premiership you play each other twice then you have the headache of working a split or dividing in to 4 separate leagues of 4 and you play the other 3 twice. That would result in 4 Old Firm games and an even amount of games all in (36 obviously), but it is a fucking idiotic  way to work a football league. 

Edited by DAFC.

41 minutes ago, Scottydog said:

Indeed, but I quoted you on the strength of your wanting bigger leagues "as a principal" 

I take it the principal in question was the same as Clyde01's.  ie, only if it benefits Clyde FC.

I'm starting to hope that you get your wish though, a 10 team Championship with decent gate income from two visits of Hearts, Dundee and Dunfermline might be financially better for MY TEAM than anything else.

You shouldn't assume that. Wanting bigger leagues as a principle and not wanting shafted after the games have been stopped are unrelated. If you were to ask me what would I want for 2020-21 I would say 12-18-12 with some sort of split and play-offs. If the top league dropped the greed then I would go for 14-16-12 with split and play-offs. Play-offs for me are a success item in football. 4 times a season is not, so anything that introduces some more variety is worthy of consideration. 

1 hour ago, roman_bairn said:

You know, if it wasn’t for Hearts or Partick Thistles’ concerns, I’d have wanted the league to be settled as it is now and the playoffs to proceed for the additional promotion and relegation places.

Another option that hasn’t been considered is doing the play offs this year involving the bottom team in the upper league (rather than the second bottom team), and the second to fourth in the lower league.

That way, Hearts and Thistle get a shot of avoiding relegation and Falkirk get a shot at promotion.

All this other stuff is guff in a set up that really isn’t badly flawed.

Hasn’t anyone else considered this?

No because there is no chance of any football being played prior to player contracts ending, not sure how many times it has to be said.

Some players may be happy to extend a contract for 2 or 3 months but others who have signed for other teams wont incase of injury etc. You may also have issues like a Falkirk player already agreed to sign for Partick, how does that sit. Then we have the next issue play the games with next seasons squads now that isnt fair.

The follow up proposal for the status quo (after temporary 14-10-10-10) is a direct contradiction to what you say you actually want, ie bigger leagues.

I didn’t say keep the status quo after a temporary 14-10-10-10 though did I?

I said go 14-10-10-10 next season to get us out of the current predicament and come up with a model that works best without our thinking being clouded by self interest.

The structure needs to come first then clubs play a season for their position in that structure. Instead we’re trying to enforce a structure based on the current standings, which is always going to be unfair on someone.

1 hour ago, SouthLanarkshireWhite said:

You shouldn't assume that. Wanting bigger leagues as a principle and not wanting shafted after the games have been stopped are unrelated. If you were to ask me what would I want for 2020-21 I would say 12-18-12 with some sort of split and play-offs. If the top league dropped the greed then I would go for 14-16-12 with split and play-offs. Play-offs for me are a success item in football. 4 times a season is not, so anything that introduces some more variety is worthy of consideration. 

I'm sure you didn't realise this but by some weird coincidence, your two suggestions have ever so slightly moved the dividing line so that Clyde end up in the new second tier. What a stroke of luck.

Presumably Forfar and Cove could go f**k themselves in these scenarios?

1 hour ago, BallochSonsFan said:

I really liked that last Kelty statement. Kelty Hearts - the champions of sporting integrity.

Except when they're accepting titles they haven't won when Bonnyrigg were still in the title race.

You mean like Raith Rovers accepting a title they haven't won when Falkirk, East Fife, Montrose and Airdrie were also still in the race? Must be a mutant Fifer thing.