The SPFL recommendation?

10 minutes ago, Airdrie76 said:

Effectively they declined to vote for or against, which is completely spineless.

(I get by doing so it essentially counts as a no in this instance)

I agree m8. Hopefully find out who those cretins were.

Are the SPFL suggesting clubs have full squads of unfurloughed players fit and ready for the season starting at the end of July?

Does that sound like they are trying to protect clubs from going out of business?

SPFL competent?

To sit on the fence though when the ‘worst’ that could happen is an independent investigation into the running of our game after everything that’s happened and the ongoing distrust amongst clubs is an utter joke.

Exactly. Even for the clubs that voted against, it’s not as if they were voting on something which is goin to have a direct impact on there club.  

Unless......

1 hour ago, Shadwell Dog said:

You guys do that every other Saturday anyway.

What can you do, the set of fannies who ran Scottish football back in the ‘90s made us get a 10,000 seater stadium, even though our usual crowd is under 2000. Maybe they were visionaries and saw this coming.

Maybe you lads can build a fourth stand, or possibly a gazebo or temporary stand to help with the self-distancing?

Are the SPFL suggesting clubs have full squads of unfurloughed players fit and ready for the season starting at the end of July?

Does that sound like they are trying to protect clubs from going out of business?

SPFL competent?

And Your club voted against an independent investigation into them only a few hours ago...

11 minutes ago, Scary Bear said:

What can you do, the set of fannies who ran Scottish football back in the ‘90s made us get a 10,000 seater stadium, even though our usual crowd is under 2000. Maybe they were visionaries and saw this coming.

Maybe you lads can build a fourth stand, or possibly a gazebo or temporary stand to help with the self-distancing?

With the size of the away crowds we get 3 stands is enough for that.

When they are talking about football by end of July do they mean finishing this seasons premier league behind closed doors?

Or are they actually suggesting next season starting then for all clubs?

On the abstaining issue maybe it was clubs who are represented on the SPFL board eg Brechin. Although it’s a bit late now for them to be behaving honourably.

1 hour ago, Shadwell Dog said:

With the size of the away crowds we get 3 stands is enough for that.

The way this is going, 10-20% of Scottish fitba fans might well be deceased from old age before the stadia are back open for games...

2 hours ago, haufdaft said:

I think the prospect of football in Scotland outside of the top flight by the end of July is probably fanciful, but having players fit and ready by then wouldn't really be a problem if it is going to go ahead - it seems very likely that the lockdown restrictions are going to be sufficiently lifted to make it possible for players to train well before then.

8 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

I think the prospect of football in Scotland outside of the top flight by the end of July is probably fanciful, but having players fit and ready by then wouldn't really be a problem if it is going to go ahead - it seems very likely that the lockdown restrictions are going to be sufficiently lifted to make it possible for players to train well before then.

Will be interesting to see whose going to pay for testing all the players as that wont be cheap. Will it be the  spfl or the clubs themselves?

Train for what?

You're suggesting clubs should remove players from furlough, sign additional players on contacts for a theoretical league start that 95% won't happen

Then the clubs will have to pay players for months with no income?

It's madness.

Train for football matches at the end of July. I didn't think my point could have been any clearer - I don't think it's at all likely clubs will be playing in July, but if they are then they'll have plenty of time to get squads fit and reday.

Exactly. Even for the clubs that voted against, it’s not as if they were voting on something which is goin to have a direct impact on there club.   
Unless......

And it appears (according to Daily Record) Airdrie abstained. I’d said elsewhere I bet we’re one. Really, really poor.

1 hour ago, Clyde01 said:

When they are talking about football by end of July do they mean finishing this seasons premier league behind closed doors?

Or are they actually suggesting next season starting then for all clubs?

I assumed they were just talking about UEFA competition qualifiers, if they go ahead. Probably behind closed doors.

And it appears (according to Daily Record) Airdrie abstained. I’d said elsewhere I bet we’re one. Really, really poor.

Why would a club abstain? Unless it’s because you lot didn’t agree with, but didn’t want to upset The Rangers FC.....

Why would a club abstain? Unless it’s because you lot didn’t agree with, but didn’t want to upset The Rangers FC.....

Don’t know the answer to that but it definitely has nothing to do with rangers. We have lost out just as much as Falkirk have with the premature ending of the season and the failure of league reconstruction... Going by the general information airdrie have given we agreed to the spfl proposal of ending this season on the knowledge that reconstruction was on the cards and a seat at the table.

1 minute ago, C. Muir said:

And it's made several Rangers fans seethe. Quite the win win.

It reminds me of the statement we made when the new club were being shoe horned into the leagues in 2012. They couldn’t even work out if we were voting for or against them.