The SPFL recommendation?

Of course because how else will we play all those big games coming up. 
Given the frosty relationship between the groundsman and the club of late I suspect he'll be told to just stick a lawnmower on it in September and deal with it then.

Doesn’t really work like that. Why the frosty relationship? The pitch at Cappielow is supposed to be one of the best in Scotland.

4 hours ago, AFC1878 said:

Why the frosty relationship? The pitch at Cappielow is supposed to be one of the best in Scotland.

After Dave McKinnon arrived twelve months ago there's been a general clearing of the decks in the backroom part of the club; while Hopkin's assistant and the groundsman got into a public, raging spat about some technical detail of the players warming down on the pitch after a match halfway during the season, which led to a resignation from the groundsman that was retracted and the relationship patched up. The pitch has also been leased out to host Celtic reserve matches fairly regularly in recent years which has taken a steady toll. The net result of all this is that the pitch gets less work done to it and so has started succumbing to standard bouts of wet weather that wouldn't have troubled it at all during the previous fifteen years.

If there was a market for 4G pitches in the area then I reckon they'd certainly make the change but you can hire dozens of them from the sports centres and all the new-build schools instead.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.skysports.com/amp/football/news/11095/11989063/club-brugge-awarded-belgian-pro-league-title-as-season-ended-early

Belgium joins France and Scotland in ending the season without all games being played, and awarding titles/Europe/relegation on current position.

EFL League Two has voted to end their season and use average points to decide position, and will vote on promotion/relegation next week - https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/52679614

13 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.skysports.com/amp/football/news/11095/11989063/club-brugge-awarded-belgian-pro-league-title-as-season-ended-early

Belgium joins France and Scotland in ending the season without all games being played, and awarding titles/Europe/relegation on current position.

EFL League Two has voted to end their season and use average points to decide position, and will vote on promotion/relegation next week - https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/52679614

But but but but null and void!!!! 

20 minutes ago, Nowhereman said:

Seems odd that one division can vote independently of the others to decide what happens to that division only. What if League one voted to null and void and no one was relegated?

There were other options open but none of them were to be voted on the only one they pushed was to end the lower leagues early and distribute the prize money on places as they stand.

I don't see the Premiership games being played and anyone that thinks it going to be safe to play those games is on glue.  i would probably go so far to say the plan to bring games behind close doors and complete the season by end of the July is going to backfire and it just wouldn't surprise me if someone caught it (the reason i say this is there isn't one that is competent at the SPFL of thinking this one through correctly without arsing it up) you only need to look at the vote and how they royally f**ked that one up.

1 hour ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

I see that the former Aberdeen CEO, Keith Wyness reckons that after the virus has passed, that Scottish football will be reduced to 2 leagues as many clubs will not survive.

I wouldn’t bet against him being correct.

I would. There are plenty of clubs out with the SPFL who would be willing to make up the numbers should any club not make it (and, apart from 2, I hope they all do).

If furlough ends and we still can’t play in front of crowds, players and staff will just have to be made redundant. Any club without bank loans or stadium rent could probably muddle through by effectively hibernating. Not nice for those employed and there’d be no guarantees anyone would come back, but if it’s the choice between that or going bust then it’s really no choice at all.

The killer will be if lower league clubs have to play behind closed doors. I just don’t see anyone raising enough money from club TV subs.

5 hours ago, Nowhereman said:

Seems odd that one division can vote independently of the others to decide what happens to that division only. What if League one voted to null and void and no one was relegated?

It's not so much odd as corrupt mate.

Suggestions online that reconstruction may be back on the table.

If reconstruction wasn't desirable last week as it "wasn't the time", why is it different this week?

Clubs need certainty to plan for the upcoming (non?)season.

Looks to me that the SPFL are frightened of possible legal action by Hearts and others. If the SPFL are so convinced of the rightness of their position they should meet it face on.

Unless of course, they don't want to be examined too closely and give evidence under oath.

30 minutes ago, haufdaft said:

If reconstruction wasn't desirable last week as it "wasn't the time", why is it different this week?

Looks to me that the SPFL are frightened of possible legal action by Hearts and others. If the SPFL are so convinced of the rightness of their position they should meet it face on.

Unless of course, they don't want to be examined too closely and give evidence under oath.

Looks like a temp fix though which is complete bollocks.

33 minutes ago, haufdaft said:

Think the reason talks failed was because they dont want a temporary fix to a lone term problem (common sense really but that in Scottish football doesnt go hand in hand).

Dependant on what other leagues are doing is going is what will have the effect on the legal action i think a few leagues are going for the no relegation option whether it happens or not is anyones guess but if other leagues do go for that then it sets a precedence as in if they can do it why cant we.

Seen an article that last weeks vote on the the independent enquiry shouldnt be looked as a success given the amount of Chairmen that are on the SPFL board and voting no to an enquiry (turkey voting on christmas again).

6 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Looks like a temp fix though which is complete bollocks.

Agreed. While I'm not really a fan of any reconstruction, I would accept it if it came to that. I would not accept temporary reconstruction just to suit Hearts.

2 hours ago, CALDERON said:

Don't see why people think part time clubs are immune. If they have players contracted for next season they are just as fucked as anyone else. 

Certainly not immune. We have 9 players contracted next season, thankfully their wages will obviously be under the furlough threshold and are covered until October at least. After that who knows. 

But the clubs at most risk are the ones with wages that go above the furlough threshold and are on multi-year contracts. No idea how making players redundant would work, plus you'd assume the players they'd be fine making redundant (in a playing sense) would be the ones on the lowest salaries anyway. The majority of lower league sides will be releasing most of their squads next month and hardly any have any transfer value so will have no issue making them redundant if they are under contract. Rangers and Celtic must have enormous outgoings just now, I know Celtic have quite a big pot stashed away but I have no idea how Rangers are coping.